Bandra worli sea link

Holysmoke

And honestly' date=' they should have made four lanes on each side. Did they not foresee how much Mumbai is going to grow in the next 10 years?:wall:[/quote'] They have made 4 links on each side. Only one side is completely ready, the other side is being worked on and will open by December.

They have made 4 links on each side. Only one side is completely ready' date=' the other side is being worked on and will open by December.[/quote'] I don't get it. I don't see any extension to the bridge there. All I see is 4 lanes. edit: Just saw the video, you are right. I took the road divider to be the bridge wall.:P

I took the link to work yesterday morning and today morning as well. The way from worli to bandra is very very smooth. My travel time from south mumbai to andheri has been reduced to 45 mins from 1 hr 15 mins. There is a bottleneck on the worli side while coming from bandra, which i found out last night :(( But all in all, I think yesterday was an aberration with a lot of motorists on the link because it was the first day. The worli side also will be sorted out soon, and once the toll starts, I think it is going to be very smooth.

I took the link to work yesterday morning and today morning as well. The way from worli to bandra is very very smooth. My travel time from south mumbai to andheri has been reduced to 45 mins from 1 hr 15 mins. There is a bottleneck on the worli side while coming from bandra, which i found out last night :(( But all in all, I think yesterday was an aberration with a lot of motorists on the link because it was the first day. The worli side also will be sorted out soon, and once the toll starts, I think it is going to be very smooth.
Thats the key. Once the toll starts.

here is what i dont understand. daily pass = 75 rs 75*30 days in a month = 2250 monthly pass = 2500????
I am not sure.....but may be a monthly pass allows you to pass as many times as you want through that road in a month.

I am not sure.....but may be a monthly pass allows you to pass as many times as you want through that road in a month.
yeah but isnt 2500 a lot for a monthly pass? seeing as you can buy a return ticket daily and save money? I doubt regular people travel from bandra to worli and back more than once a day

Guest Hiten.

Now there is an issue in naming the Sealink. Kangress wants to name it uniquely and christen it "Rajiv Gandhi" (wow never heard that one before) whereas the ghaati's (Shiv Sena) wants to name it "veer savarkar". What is wrong with Bandra-Worli sealink itself ? We don't have to name all the monuments after the Gandhi family for *** sakes :mad:

Now there is an issue in naming the Sealink. Kangress wants to name it uniquely and christen it "Rajiv Gandhi" (wow never heard that one before) whereas the ghaati's (Shiv Sena) wants to name it "veer savarkar". What is wrong with Bandra-Worli sealink itself ? We don't have to name all the monuments after the Gandhi family for *** sakes :mad:
Hyderabad is a proud owner of Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium and Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University. :bow:

Guest Hiten.
Hyderabad is a proud owner of Rajiv Gandhi International Airport' date=' Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium and Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University. :bow:[/quote'] We are proud owner of Chhatrapati Shivaji international airport, Chhatrapati Shivaji terminus :bow:

We are proud owner of Chhatrapati Shivaji international airport' date=' Chhatrapati Shivaji terminus :bow:[/quote'] At least he is a Maharashtrian. A great warrior and deserves that respect. Now I have nothing against Rajivs and Nehrus. But look at our politicians, instead of honoring local heroes and making them immortal they are trying to score brownie point with Sonia madam. :((

^thats still fine. Picture this, Rajkot's cricket stadium is named Madhavroa Scindia Stadium. I tried to find connection between him and rajkot, found none. Only reason he was in BCCI, congress politician and cricket lover. Couldn't they name is Mahatma Gandhi Stadium, Mahatma has lot of connection with Rajkot