Game starts late today

Rajiv

You are mistaken my friend - there was no john wright in 1999' date=' yo are talking abt 2003[/quote'] i am wrong about the Manager, it could have been Wadekar or Gaekwad.but i remember the incident. 2003, we hardly made a hundred in tests.
You are mistaken my friend - there was no john wright in 1999' date=' yo are talking abt 2003[/quote'] I am talking about this test. my sequence was wrong, Dravid had posted 190 in 1st innings. But Saurav was sent in ahead of SRT to get some practice before the one day games..I agree, i was wrong about Wright, may be some other Manager. =================================== ..................Dravid dominated the next day and a half with a chanceless, gloriously elegant 190, his highest Test score. He shared three substantial partnerships. First, he put on 109 with Tendulkar, who made 67 before a harsh lbw decision triggered a collapse to 211 for seven. Then Srinath joined Dravid to add 144, contributing a career-best 76 with the assistance of three dropped catches and a missed run-out. After Srinath perished slogging, Prasad batted determinedly for an hour. Finally, Dravid, entrenched for more than eight hours, during which he hit 31 fours, played a tired shot at Cairns. Batting again, New Zealand reached 45 without loss by the close. On the fourth morning, they lost four wickets - two to Tendulkar's leg-breaks - before India's bowling ran out of steam. McMillan, again playing freely, and Parore put on 140. India had one last sniff of victory, dismissing them in consecutive overs, at which point New Zealand, with four wickets left, were just 175 in front. But Cairns, circumspect at first, then unleashed front-foot drives and hefty pulls to score a handsome Test-best 126, and the next two wickets added 239 before New Zealand declared. India had been played out of the game long before, but Fleming delayed his declaration until after lunch, because the pitch was still too firm and because three of his bowlers - Doull, Nash and Vettori - were injured. Cairns, tail up, dismissed India's vulnerable openers by the 15th over, before Dravid and Ganguly began to enjoy themselves. Both made centuries; Dravid followed Hazare and Gavaskar (who did it three times) to become the third Indian to score twin centuries in a Test.