Sir Viv Richards keen to coach India

King

Re: Sir Viv Richards keen to coach India This sounds like a horrible idea--Sir Viv should be eager to coach the Windies instead. I'm actually beginning to like the idea of having a purely Indian staff--coaches, assistant coaches, trainers (well, maybe not trainers :hic: ), etc. What sounds so bad about having a 'Coach Shastri' ?? ??? :hmph:

Re: Sir Viv Richards keen to coach India LOL Bumper :lmao: :lmao: A coach can only do so much. Making someone mentally tougher just doesn't happen overnight. Fitness and skill can be worked on. But mental toughness? It's upto the players at the end of the day to respond to pressure.

Re: Sir Viv Richards keen to coach India i say pick Javed Miandad as coach. he has gone on record saying that "mental toughness" is bullshit. he has said that it has nothing to do with cricket. his rationale: "i scored a 100 on debut when i was 18. did i have mental toughness then?" ie "i was and still am a wimp, i just got lucky" since our guys have no mental toughness anyways :hic: :hic: might as well pick a guy who knows all about making wimps successful.