Egg on the face - Where the heck are you experts?

King

:haha: Re: Sachin Speaks Up This guy used to be considered unanimously as one of the top 10 greatest cricketers ever. It didnt matter whom you asked, Sachin would be in top 10 if not top 5. Today he struggles to find a place in India XI! How the mighty have fallen! Call it a day before you embarass yourself further Sachin. Guess who wrote above lines?
:hmmmm2:
For those who joined ICF a bit after the 2007 WC debacle, here are a few threads that you can go through to ascertain what the prevailing opinion on Tendulkar was back then - Tendulkar speaks up Greg Chappell resigns Player-agent Nexus
Brings back memories. :haha::haha::haha::haha: As I said before, most of those posters vanished with you know whose form, but that's only because they are all objective non-worshipers, so it's quite understandable.
For those who joined ICF a bit after the 2007 WC debacle, here are a few threads that you can go through to ascertain what the prevailing opinion on Tendulkar was back then - Tendulkar speaks up Greg Chappell resigns Player-agent Nexus
God!! These threads are mind numbing. I'm dumbstruck at the responses of so many fans! Many of the posts were disgusting. I had completely forgotten about these threads!

The lowest point for me was when people started believing and supporting Moin Khan's thesis about Tendulkar being scared to face up to Akhtar - there was a clear deflection off the glove and it was on the slow motion replays that you could make out that the glove was away from the handle by a millimeter or two. It would have taken superhuman powers by Tendulkar and the umpire to make that out in real time. But he was still castigated.

Ive got the Cricinfo magazine from July 2007....they interviewed a bunch of Brit Indians who play for some club in London' date=' and they were all saying Sachin had to retire or dropped and was living on past glories.[/quote'] :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: At least they might have been ABCDs (rather of similar variation) who haven't watched a lot of cricket.
The lowest point for me was when people started believing and supporting Moin Khan's thesis about Tendulkar being scared to face up to Akhtar - there was a clear deflection off the glove and it was on the slow motion replays that you could make out that the glove was away from the handle by a millimeter or two. It would have taken superhuman powers by Tendulkar and the umpire to make that out in real time. But he was still castigated.
The biggest supporter of that tabloid cricket commentary also predicted a sub 35 average for SRT for the last Oz tour after excruciating mind-numbing analysis of stats and numbers.

Its amazing how negative people can get. I also used to get frustrated when he was not scoring. But to say such bad things about a man who happened to have just one bad phase in a career of two bloody decades is sheer idiocy. Those of us who supported him in his bad times can today stand up and say that we are his true fans and that we have a right to celebrate his achievements.

A post I wrote in the other mb after the chappelli article, ohh brings back memories.

Thus Spake Ian Chappelli Posted by: calvin_comes_home (IP Logged) Date: 24 January, 2008 17:12 If Tendulkar had found an honest mirror three years ago and asked the question; "Mirror, mirror on the wall who is the best batsman of all?" It would've answered; "Brian Charles Lara." If he asked that same mirror right now; "Mirror, mirror on the wall should I retire?" The answer would be; "Yes." - Ian Chappell Thus Spake Chappelli on March 30th 2007 after India’s ignominious exit from the ICC cricket ODI world cup. It has not been one year yet since Ian C spewed his vitriol through this article. Lets have a quick glance from that time to now, at Sachin’s stats. Test Matches Performance Analysis by Year (calculated for matches beginning in named year) Batting Year M Inns NO 50s 100s HS Runs Avg Ca St 2007 9 16 2 6 2 *122 776 55.43 10 0 2008 2 4 1 1 1 *154 250 83.33 3 0 And ODIS Year M Inns NO 50s 100s HS Runs Avg Ca St 2007 33 32 2 13 1 *100 1425 47.50 7 0 The most astonishing fact about this article was not that it criticized Sachin for hanging around too long, but the fact that the article somehow made it to be the reason for India’s world cup debacle. This when Ian C’s dear soon to be departed brother Greg C was having a wild, wild west time atop the Indian Cricket team. There was no article or even questions pointed towards Greg Chappell by his brother regarding his team selection policies, strategies etc. Blood is thicker than water. The issue of when players retire has been an age long debate, with two opposing stand, one is that a player should leave on a high and the other being it is upto the player to decide when to quit. But then as we all know there are players and then there are Players and then there is Sachin, the stratosphere occupied by a select few including Lara, Richards etc. The question of who is better Sachin or Lara, has also been a consistent question from the time they established themselves as the unquestioned leaders of batting. Cricketing experts have see- sawed about this discussion with each of the legends having their own group of supporters. Things being as stated Ian Chappell with all his pomposity decrees that he alone knows the truth regarding who is better among Sachin and Lara and further more intimates that Sachin knows this too. More over he has the audacity to claim that Sachin knows that his time has come to leave the game not on a high and not on his own terms but because he is not good enough any more. So did Ian Chappell had an inside line to the Cricketing oracle and proclaimed “Stick a fork in ‘im people, Sachin is done” or did he say that to shift the blame from his brother Greg and shift the focus on to Sachin’s career blip? So his brother then could have ousted all the senior players from the Indian team and ruled over the Indian cricket team as his manor? What Ian Chappell did that time was at the least journalistic incompetence and at the most a cruel conspiracy with his brother to corner and single out the Indian team seniors as the scape goats. If we remember Greg Chappell had already cast doubts upon Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag, Zaheer Khan and Harbhajan Singh as cancers to the team, he had succeeded in getting control over Rahul Dravid. And that left Sachin Tendulkar as the sole person who had more power, panache, appeal to the public left in the team. Now that almost an year has passed and Sachin has apparently discovered the fountain of youth and re – established himself as one of the premiere batsmen currently. If Ian Chappell can find an honest mirror and asked it 1 year back “Mirror, mirror on the wall, do I merit a job as a cricket analyst at all”, the mirror would have replied “ No” and if he asked the mirror now “Mirror, mirror on the wall, how will people remember me if at all” the mirror would then reply “As a fool who talked before he thought, if at all”
Its amazing how negative people can get. I also used to get frustrated when he was not scoring. But to say such bad things about a man who happened to have just one bad phase in a career of two bloody decades is sheer idiocy. Those of us who supported him in his bad times can today stand up and say that we are his true fans and that we have a right to celebrate his achievements.
:clap:
And my point is that there is no bias. It is not bias. The point being that chase was impossible if Sehwag hadn't scored that 83.
And like it or not, it was equally impossible to win that chase without Sachin's innings. Heck, SRT once score 137 and got us to within 17 runs of victory against Pak and we still lost and Sachin accepted that he didnt finish his job. So did Sehwag, he left us with more than 250 runs to get on a last day pitch. Sachin deserves equal credit as Sehwag for seeing us through
And like it or not, it was equally impossible to win that chase without Sachin's innings. Heck, SRT once score 137 and got us to within 17 runs of victory against Pak and we still lost and Sachin accepted that he didnt finish his job. So did Sehwag, he left us with more than 250 runs to get on a last day pitch. Sachin deserves equal credit as Sehwag for seeing us through
I am not saying that he doesn't deserve it - I'm the last person to say anything negative about Sachin - I wouldn't dream of it. I am saying that in a post if you're praising Sehwag for his heroics, then considering how we had about 5 different threads on how awesome Sachin was (we need moar) - then it is not necessarily biased. And yes, I've only seen that innings a million times since then.
I am not saying that he doesn't deserve it - I'm the last person to say anything negative about Sachin - I wouldn't dream of it. I am saying that in a post if you're praising Sehwag for his heroics, then considering how we had about 5 different threads on how awesome Sachin was (we need moar) - then it is not necessarily biased. And yes, I've only seen that innings a million times since then.
Dude I'm not talking about a thread. I was talking about one some posters always ignore every good innings by SRT and heaps praises on others, while blame SRT solely for every single debacle. If that's not bias, I don't wanna know what is.