He's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacckkkkk!!!!!

h4te

Agarkar had the potential to be an ideal 20-20 player for india. excellent fielder' date='was a natural attacking batsman( has a century in england in a test if i am correct and a faster 50 than many legends of indian batting in one dayers), was a very very good bowler in his first 4 years at least, until many injuries struck his career down. he was one of the few indian bowlers who could easily bowl at 140k with out much effort. cricket is a game of confidence, right now he is not in the best of form but he is good enough to represent a top domestic team like Mumbai with distinction for another 2-3 years.
Regarding the batting - it is overrated, despite the Test century. He was considered an allrounder in ODIs - time and again he will let us down when we needed a few runs. Fielding is his strength. Batting and bowling boundary balls are his weaknesses.

For Tests: Agarkar should not be near the Indian team. For ODIs and T20: I still dont like AA. But I hate Daadaji Munna Bhai Patel even more - becos of MP's lazy attitude. Atleast, AA will put in the effort to field the ball. But, I'd like to think for ODIs and T20 - India can pick someone better than either of these two.

Guest Hiten.
For Tests: Agarkar should not be near the Indian team. For ODIs and T20: I still dont like AA. But I hate Daadaji Munna Bhai Patel even more - becos of MP's lazy attitude. Atleast, AA will put in the effort to field the ball. But, I'd like to think for ODIs and T20 - India can pick someone better than either of these two.
We can, but do we have any other options in offer ? Our reserves are always injured. AA is neither injury prone nor that bad a baller than Munaf to not to be included in playing XI.

This thread reminded me of an age old Savage Garden song: I Knew I Loved You Before I Met You... I knew this thread was about Agarkar before i even opened the thread...
I knew there would be a thread on Aggy no matter what and after that over I knew how it'd turn out.

Why are we even discussing eggy's return to Indian team? :hmmmm:
AA can thank Daadaji Patel for that. Otherwise there is no discussion of AA. Like I said, ideally we want neither in the Indian team. But comparing between the two, at least for Limited overs format, AA brings more energy than lazy MP.

Player              Span      Mat  Balls   Runs   Wkts   BBI   Ave   Econ   SR   4   5 

A Kumble            1990-2007 269 14376 10300    334    6/12 30.83   4.29   43.0 8   2 
J Srinath           1991-2003 229 11935 8847     315    5/23 28.08   4.44   37.8 7   3 
[B]AB Agarkar          1998-2007 191 9484  8021     288    6/42 27.85   5.07   32.9 10  2 [/B]
N Kapil Dev         1978-1994 225 11202 6945     253    5/43 27.45   3.71   44.2 3   1 
Z Khan              2000-2009 156 7815  6367     212    5/42 30.03   4.88   36.8 7   1 
Harbhajan Singh     1998-2009 183 9552  6707     203    5/31 33.03   4.21   47.0 2   2

That isn't a bad ODI record but it's quite sad the way he's been ridiculed by Indian Cricket Fans time and again. Gives the impression that he was the worst player ever to represent Team India ! heck even a bastard Paki like Afridi isn't mocked here as much as Agarkar. I know because of his bowling we lost so many matches from winning positions but does he deserve to be treated like this ?

You are right.I remember he won few matches single handedly in Sharjah.He was the holder of fastest fifty wickets in one day matches till recently.

Because we do not want to even spend time on criticizing a fecking A-FREE-DI** Regarding Agarkar he was a good bowler initially but later on he lost his line, length and what not .. he later on became a burden on Indian team :icflove:
He might be one of the worse player to don Indian test cap but he still is capable of walking into our ODI line up to fill the void of 3rd seamer' date=' given that he can't be any worse than Munaf and he is an excellent outfielder.[/quote']
You are right.I remember he won few matches single handedly in Sharjah.He was the holder of fastest fifty wickets in one day matches till recently.
agarkar is not tht bad player guys we r just making fun of him thts it... he is far better than any paki bowler.... nd we know we love him :two_thumbs_up: cheers :icflove: