Buchanan

bunny

The guy has got to be one of the most hyped coaches ever...I'd say his contribution has been detrimental to KKR's fortunes.... Some of his mistakes: i) Selecting Henriques over Mendis and then persisting with him in the 2nd match. ii) Playing Agarkar ahead of Kartik on a turning pitch. iii) Selecting guys like Bangar and Chopra. Why doesnt he play Saha who did reasonably well last year? --- Other than that the whole captaincy thing has been mishandled...Also I am not sure what came out of the camps he conducted...Not even one single talent??? And here Rajasthan Royals have already got Kamran Khan.

The guy has got to be one of the most hyped coaches ever...I'd say his contribution has been detrimental to KKR's fortunes.... Some of his mistakes: i) Selecting Henriques over Mendis and then persisting with him in the 2nd match. Yes this was really really stupid ii) Playing Agarkar ahead of Kartik on a turning pitch. doesn't make sense too iii) Selecting guys like Bangar and Chopra. Why doesnt he play Saha who did reasonably well last year? saha is injured--- Other than that the whole captaincy thing has been mishandled...Also I am not sure what came out of the camps he conducted...Not even one single talent??? And here Rajasthan Royals have already got Kamran Khan.
Bottomline KKR needs to get rid of him

i hate this dude...he's got McCullum as his puppet and somehow he's managed to get SRK's support. Laptops dont win u matches' date=' simple. He needs a captain who can motivate his players like Warne, McCullum cant[/quote'] I think McCullum is a Sehwag like players; such players should be allowed to play freely without the burden of captaincy or leadership roles. DD is doingt well as a team but I still suggest that the captains for KKR and DD should be changed; SG should obviously lead KKR

The guy hasnt even selected good foreign players....why did he shell out so much money for Mortaza? Could have tried to get Duminy or some other good batsman with that kind of money. Once Gayle leaves, KKR are doomed. Also, I havent seen KKR adopt a single innovative strategy.

Warne was right. Buchanan is a fraud who built a reputation on the back of people like McGrath, Warne, Hayden, Waugh, Gilchrist, Ponting, Gillespie, etc. He took over as coach when the side had an inspiring captain uniting the team and taking it to new heights, world class bowlers who could work out any batsman better than any of his computer models, and a battery of top order batsman who could handle just about any attack in the world in any conditions with the odd exception. He barely had to do anything than pass around philosophers' quotations and write letters and make computer models. McGrath or Warne could plan out their dismissals without any help from this fella; they did it for a while before Buchanan ever took on the coaching position and still did it in the IPL when they didn't have this idiot and his models and diagrams. Didn't add much tactically when the team started to show cracks and Australia began to struggle without the big senior players after some of them retired. Incredibly overrated. What a lucky man though - perfect place and the perfect time to somehow build a reputation of a truly great coach on the blood, sweat and hard work of one of the greatest cricket teams ever.

Warne was right. Buchanan is a fraud who built a reputation on the back of people like McGrath, Warne, Hayden, Waugh, Gilchrist, Ponting, Gillespie, etc. He took over as coach when the side had an inspiring captain uniting the team and taking it to new heights, world class bowlers who could work out any batsman better than any of his computer models, and a battery of top order batsman who could handle just about any attack in the world in any conditions with the odd exception. He barely had to do anything than pass around philosophers' quotations and write letters and make computer models. McGrath or Warne could plan out their dismissals without any help from this fella; they did it for a while before Buchanan ever took on the coaching position and still did it in the IPL when they didn't have this idiot and his models and diagrams. Didn't add much tactically when the team started to show cracks and Australia began to struggle without the big senior players after some of them retired. Incredibly overrated. What a lucky man though - perfect place and the perfect time to somehow build a reputation of a truly great coach on the blood, sweat and hard work of one of the greatest cricket teams ever.
++ He always has been in the right place at the right time. Just like Ponting.

I think SRK is also part of the problem. He has his nose in every matter. I dont know how many team owners are bowling in the nets , present in the team meeting , talking about captaincy openly. It also seems that SRK has made some weird choices like getting akhtar , changing captaincy etc

Yesterday Buch explained that his Laptop hanged so he cannot choose the correct combination for the super over.:hysterical::hysterical:
I agree .. the Super Over combination of KKR was not the best .. Dada and Gayle should have gone .. anyways good for us .. most of us supported RR :dance::dance::dance: