Mumbai middle order dilemma

Guest Hiten.

broadly, the following: International: Luke Ronchi Loots Bosman Ashraful Graham Napier Ryan Mclaren Dilhara Fernando Domestic: Rahane Jaydev Shah Rohan Raje Dhawal Kulkarni Takawale the irony is that almost all of our international reserves can hit the ball hard but who do you drop to play any of them? Jayasuriya and Malinga can't be dropped. Duminy played really well today, and Bravo is an excellent bowler even though his batting is full of **** at the moment. Mumbai should drop Dhawan for the next game and play Rahane. Even if he's not "suited" to T20, he can't do worse than Dhawan.
Bravo should be replaced for a couple of games if there is a better player than him .. he does look in the best of form nowadays .. anyways he is partially injured and maybe that is the reason he is not able to perform well .. let somebody else be given a chance instead And Dhawan should also be dropped and somebody else given a chance instead

International: need to play/try Ronchi, instead of Jayasuriya Napier in for Bravo
Jayasuriya can't be dropped, he puts the fear of god in the opposition. He's not really in bad form, he played pretty well last time and got out to an excellent ball today. Besides, playing Ronchi would be a huge risk as I am not sure that he is an opener and besides, he did nothing of note in the last IPL. If anything, if Jayasuriya were to be dropped, then playing Bosman in his place would be better as he is an explosive opener and would know South African conditions. Dropping Bravo is also fraught with risk as we then lose a fantastic third seamer. Don't forget that MI bowlers had been taken to the cleaners by Gilly/Gibbs before Bravo pulled things back. Raje and Kulkarni have looked club class bowlers so far. My concern is that by dropping Bravo, we may plug holes in our batting but may be exposing our bowling somewhat.

Guest Hiten.
Jayasuriya can't be dropped, he puts the fear of god in the opposition. He's not really in bad form, he played pretty well last time and got an excellent ball today. Besides, taking Ronchi would be a huge risk as I am not sure that he is an opener and besides, he did nothing of note in the last IPL. Dropping Bravo is also fraught with risk as we then lose a fantastic third seamer. Don't forget that MI bowlers had been taken to the cleaners by Gilly/Gibbs before Bravo pulled things back. Raje and Kulkarni have looked club class bowlers so far. My concern is that if by dropping Bravo, we may plug holes in our batting but may be exposing our bowling somewhat.
If Jaya is to be replaced by Ronchi then its a definite no-no. We not only lose one of our spin option but we get a *****iest batsman as replacement. Ronchi struggled to score runs in the last edition of IPL. I think Bravo has to be replaced in place of Napier. I am not getting cocky, but I think we could afford to test our bench strength against the likes of KKR or even BRC. We don't have solid XI to not to be broken in the entire season. We have to test our bench strength.

BTW, check your email, you've got a whole bunch of Deth goodness in there. Carefully selected songs where Dave Mustaine doesn't sound as if he's got his balls being clamped in a vice! (Symphony of Destruction ROCKS.)
Yessir. To contribute something to the topic - openers set, bowlers set. Duminy set. Bravo is set - mainly because his bowling and fielding are an asset, and his batting will come back. So, Dhawan needs to be ousted, and I was impressed with Saurabh Tiwary - he needs to come in earlier, me thinks.

Just play a video of the Colbert Report as an inspirational pre-game speech before they go out to bat. That'll do it.
Yes! Finally, the MOST sane post on this entire IPL forum, EVER (after my Guidelines of Moderation, of course :P ).
Stephen Colbert visited the town of Saginaw, Michigan in the form of a Gigantic Electronic Head to announce to the members of the Heartland the name of Steagle. Stephen implored the people of Saginaw to worship him, which they did. However, this does not mean that the people of Saginaw no longer worship Jesus, because he will always be their Lord and Savior. Steagle is one of the few things in the world (along with the Spirit hockey team) that is both hockey-related (making it un-American) and America-loving, walking that fine line between good and evil. This proves that Steagle is on the front lines in the war of truthiness and justice.
More importantly, due to the Colbert Bump, and other noticeable Colbert effects:
Thanks to the entire Colbert Nation's moral and divine support, the Saginaw Spirit have been undefeated in their last 6 games since the introduction of Steagle. As long as the Colbert Nation continues its support, experts believe their winning streak will surpass all other American teams (in any sport) by 2008.
This man should be made the coach of every ****ing team out there - barring the Cubs, because the billy goat curse is haunting them.

No, forget the Billy Goat crap. He shouldn't be the coach of the Cubs because the Cubs ****ING SUCK AND HAVE NO RIGHT TO BE AFFILIATED WITH ST. COLBERT, curse or not. Damn, if Australia got so far early in the decade on their players' talents and Buchanan and laptop tagging along for the ride to glory, imagine what they'd have done with Colbert giving speeches. (I think "I Am America and So Can You" should be required reading for every player before a major test match.)

Oye' date=' you - out of all people? :-/ Yaar, dropping Jayasuriya is tantamount to giving up before we even begin.[/quote'] Usage of "We" noted. I trust you will join me in the Ranji threads next season once Bombay starts kicking ass again and pushing for #39, so that Feed/Chandan/Cricketics/myself/one or two others aren't the only ones discussing the domestics. (Funny how all the regionalism suddenly tails off the moment the hardcore Ranji/Duleep stuff comes up and the cheerleaders/circus go away and all the super-passionate Bangalore/Chennai/etc fans suddenly lose interest. Bandwagons, eh...)

Dhawan should open. At 6:00 AM. One of those dairy stores that sell milk early in the morning near the road corner.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Oh, and get a room biitches :rolleyes:

Usage of "We" noted. I trust you will join me in the Ranji threads next season once Bombay starts kicking ass again and pushing for #39, so that Feed/Chandan/Cricketics/myself/one or two others aren't the only ones discussing the domestics. (Funny how all the regionalism suddenly tails off the moment the hardcore Ranji/Duleep stuff comes up and the cheerleaders/circus go away and all the super-passionate Bangalore/Chennai/etc fans suddenly lose interest. Bandwagons, eh...)
Sachin > *. Shall always support Mumbai (along with Andhra + Hyderabad, of course. :D )