Knight Riders bracing up for a revolt ?

bobbydhillon

another drama in kkr land lol:haha: PORT ELIZABETH/DURBAN: There's a lot on Shah Rukh Khan's plate at the moment and it's not about his team registering a few wins here in the Indian Premier League (IPL). There's a major storm brewing inside the Knight Riders camp and one is not even talking about the mystery blogger here. If the Baazigar doesn't get his act together quickly, his dreams of KKR being crowned Baadshahs Of IPL-2 could metamorphose into a Knightmare. The players inside the team are learnt to be bracing themselves for a revolt. It's not a question of if. It's when. The players are just looking for someone to stand up and speak. Knight Riders have sent two of their players Aakash Chopra and Sanjay Bangar back to India, saying they do not fit in their scheme of things any more. Joy Bhattacharya, the team director, said, "Chopra and Bangar are senior players. The team management decided to send them back because they do not fit in the plans right now. It's not good for them to not be playing and merely travel with the team. That's why, after discussions with coach John Buchanan, we decided to take this step," Bhattacharya added. He also stressed that there won't be any more re-enforcements. The players find this a ridiculous theory because Knight Riders' coach John Buchanan had backed Chopra big time and played him at the crucial No. 5 slot ahead of the more fancied Laxmi Ratan Shukla. Skipper McCullum too was all praise for Chopra last week. "He is a key figure in the middle-order for us. He was extremely good during the practice sessions in Bloemfontein and that's why we have decided to keep him in the squad. We're expecting that he will come good in the matches to come," McCullum had said. Now, both the coach and the captain have egg on their faces. "Laxmi can at least go and hit big if he gets the time to stay there. With Chopra, it was a blunder right from the start. And when he (Buchanan) finally dropped Chopra, who does he pick? Bangar! And for which position? Number six? Pull out his (Bangar's) career stats and tell me when was the last time he set the field on fire, especially when the team is 70-4 with 10 overs remaining" two players from the KKR camp argued. They find the treatment being meted out to the individuals, absolutely shocking. To back their point, they say, "Do you know the kind of staff travelling with us? It's bigger than the team." Of course, there's John Buchanan, director — cricket operations, chief coach Mathew Mott, assistant coach Brad Murphy, wicket-keeping coach Wade Seccombe, bowling coach Andy Bichel, assistant coach for strength training Michael Buchanan (John's son), team director Joydeep Mukherjee, trainer Adrian Le Roux, physiotherapist Andrew Leipus, fielding coach Jon Deeble and last heard, the players were saying Buchanan's second son is also a part of the camp. Apparently, there are around five to six more simply touring here as different kinds of managers in charge of the team.

I can't understand how Sharukh was so easily fooled by this Buchanan...Buchanan brought all his family members, friends in KKR team for random positions... No wonder why Warnie always had cr@p to say about this Buchanan... as Gavaskar said, "Buchanan is milking the owners of KKR"....

They find the treatment being meted out to the individuals, absolutely shocking. To back their point, they say, "Do you know the kind of staff travelling with us? It's bigger than the team." Of course, there's John Buchanan, director — cricket operations, chief coach Mathew Mott, assistant coach Brad Murphy, wicket-keeping coach Wade Seccombe, bowling coach Andy Bichel, assistant coach for strength training Michael Buchanan (John's son), team director Joydeep Mukherjee, trainer Adrian Le Roux, physiotherapist Andrew Leipus, fielding coach Jon Deeble and last heard, the players were saying Buchanan's second son is also a part of the camp. Apparently, there are around five to six more simply touring here as different kinds of managers in charge of the team.
Not just these. There are more joining in. Moles joins Kolkata as 'observer' Cricinfo staff April 27, 2009 Andy Moles, the New Zealand coach, has joined the Kolkata Knight Riders as an 'observer' and will be with the team till May 5, according to the Kolkata-based Telegraph. "I'm with this franchise at the behest of New Zealand Cricket (NZC) and intend studying how it works," he told the paper. "I'll also be having a fairly close look at the IPL. "The idea, obviously, is to see if there's something to learn and then implement in the T20 game back home... I'm not in South Africa to offer suggestions either to John Buchanan or coach Matthew Mott." Moles will head back to New Zealand after May 5 to start planning for his team's World Twenty20 campaign. LINK .

Not just these. There are more joining in. Moles joins Kolkata as 'observer' Cricinfo staff April 27, 2009 Andy Moles, the New Zealand coach, has joined the Kolkata Knight Riders as an 'observer' and will be with the team till May 5, according to the Kolkata-based Telegraph. "I'm with this franchise at the behest of New Zealand Cricket (NZC) and intend studying how it works," he told the paper. "I'll also be having a fairly close look at the IPL. "The idea, obviously, is to see if there's something to learn and then implement in the T20 game back home... I'm not in South Africa to offer suggestions either to John Buchanan or coach Matthew Mott." Moles will head back to New Zealand after May 5 to start planning for his team's World Twenty20 campaign. LINK .
I think that in this case, NZC may have to pay KKR for having Moles observe how KKR functions (he won't be giving suggestions/advice...rather he'd be taking in advice)

When a rearded Chhicncchra is being lead by an idiot of a coach who never qualified for club cricket in his cricketing days then expect this kind of nonsense.. There are other high profile powners too but you dont; see them parading aroudn with opinions but this gay khan thinks he knows everythign about anything..

Guest Hiten.

I thought SRK was much smarter than that. John is taking SRK for a ride and for some odd reasons SRK is willing to do absolutely anything John suggests. I think KKR would have prospered under Ganguly because Ganguly has a good eye for local talent. For the moment, KKR are in desperate need of unearthing some local talents. The blogger was right as KKR should have never bid for Akash Chopra in the first place. I don't see KKR moving up the ladder if buchy's gonna be associated with KKR.

if SRK and Buchanan's staff are away from the team, Ganguly can still lead the team with distinction, motivate them and get a respectable standing in the tournament. they may not win the trophy but can certainly do better than this.

As usual the bloody politics. They players should just go and perform rather than worrying how may are there in the staff. Eventually it is the players that need to go out there and perform. Where are the performances? If a proven performer speaks against an establishment or support staff it is understandable but these half good players revolting against what? They had it their way last year but not like they did any better.