KKR Rocks!!!But SRK looking to sell it?

Chandan

The KKR fans who've been disappointed by their team's performance so far, must read this article as it'll bring some smile to them! Seven Reasons Why Knight Riders Totally Rock But here is the sensational news: Shah Rukh looks to exit Kolkata Knight Riders Shah Rukh looks to exit Kolkata Knight Riders Pradipta Mukherjee in Kolkata April 30, 2009 02:54 IST Last Updated: April 30, 2009 11:25 IST After dropping "Kolkata" from Indian Premier League team Kolkata Knight Riders, actor Shah Rukh Khan has started discussions with Nokia, Sahara, the Anil Ambani group, and several other companies to sell the team he bought just over a year ago for Rs 300 crore (Rs 3 billion), and exit the business. According to sources in Red Chillies Entertainment, KKR's holding company, "Shah Rukh Khan has been trying to sell a stake in KKR for some time now. But since most companies he approached also wanted management control, Khan is now talking to Nokia, Sahara, Anil Ambani and others to sell his entire shareholding." Khan's public relations officer, however, said she would not be able to confirm the development because she had not met the actor. None of those who have reportedly been approached confirmed the development. Sahara India's communications director Abhijit Sarkar said: "We have not been approached by Shah Rukh Khan yet. But if he does, we would be happy to buy the team." D Shivakumar, vice-president and managing director (markets), Nokia India, sent a text message saying: "Shah Rukh Khan will keep the team." A Reliance Communications [Get Quote] spokesperson declined to comment. "A lot of people negotiate with Anil Ambani. I cannot comment unless there is something concrete on table." According to the Red Chillies official, Khan wants to exit, owing to the team's poor performance -- so far the team has won only one rain-curtailed game under the Duckworth Lewis method--and rising costs. "If the Board for Control of Cricket in India does not increase the number of teams for next year, Khan could get double what he paid," said the Red Chillies official. Khan is supposed to pay Rs 30 crore (Rs 300 million) per year for the next 10 years. The total annual cost for the team is about Rs 75 crore (Rs 750 million). Khan had earlier said that KKR was easily the most successful IPL franchise, making a Rs 13 crore (Rs 130 million) profit last year. However, his costs trebled last year owing to interventions from the Kolkata Municipal Corporation and Cricket Association of Bengal. According to initial calculations, Red Chillies had to pay Rs 90 lakhs (Rs 9 million) per match and was supposed to earn Rs 3 crore if all stadium tickets were sold at Eden Gardens. Red Chillies had to pay Rs 20 lakhs (Rs 2 million) to the police and municipal tax of Rs 500,000. So its expenses per match would have been over Rs 1 crore (Rs 10 million). But this figure had trebled. Last year, however, Kolkata Police demanded Rs 2 crore as security fees, against Rs 50 lakhs (Rs 5 million) that the organisers of the IPL offered. Then, the Kolkata Municipal Corporation demanded Rs 25 lakhs (Rs 2.5 million) from Red Chillies as amusement tax for holding IPL matches at Eden Gardens. To settle the dispute between Kolkata Police and the IPL organisers over the cost of security arrangements at Eden Gardens, Red Chillies Entertainment had to agree to pay Rs 75 lakhs (Rs 7.5 million) as security fees. About 5,500 uniformed personnel and about 1,500 sleuths were deployed to secure the stadium and its surrounding areas, since many celebrities were expected to watch the IPL matches at Eden Gardens. Here is another link for the same article: http://www.business-standard.com/india/news/shah-rukh-looks-to-exit-kolkata-knight-riders/356698/ Now tell me, how many of you are surprised?

Not a surprise' date=' since there was an article posted in ICF a week back saying SRK was planning to sell KKR and [b']maybe interested in another team (if something like Ahmedabad opens up).
Not happy screwing up one team, huh? He wants to screw many more..

I enjoy the IPL, but I cannot bring myself to care anymore. This news doesn't surprise, sadden or upset me I was really looking forward to this tournament, but as of now I just don't care. I am at a loss to explain why Having said that, I make an attempt to watch the highlights, read articles etc. Not with the same passion or energy as I would have liked

lame old news SRK will still remain the most popular IPL team wherever he goes.. frankly speaking most of the advertisers and fans of KKR supporting the pathetic team only due to KKR and nothing else... if he takes on the Ahmedabad team then Ahmedabad will turn into the most popular team It really pesses me off but IPL is more of entertainment than cricket and so dont expect that IPL will get relief from SRK ... he is making the most profit amongst all IPL teams and so he wont leave IPL :((

You should be happy .. KKR will get a new owner and hopefully a new management team
But the point is who want this team .. i think they will lose even if they play with Bermuda... may be we can interchange the teams with :dd: or atleast :dd: can give us there openers...:winky:

But the point is who want this team .. i think they will lose even if they play with Bermuda... may be we can interchange the teams with :dd: or atleast :dd: can give us there openers...:winky:
KKR is a chewtiya team .. they bought Mortaza for 600K and they are not willing to try him once He is an allrounder and let him be tried once ... jab paisa kharch diya hai and the team is still not performing then why not try him once

KKR is a chewtiya team .. they bought Mortaza for 600K and they are not willing to try him once He is an allrounder and let him be tried once ... jab paisa kharch diya hai and the team is still not performing then why not try him once
they are going to try murtaza now, cause gayle will be gone for the england series.

they are going to try murtaza now' date=' cause gayle will be gone for the england series.[/quote'] BTW they are almost doomed after Chris Gayle leaves KKR .. he and Ganguly were the only ones figting for KKR .. KKR almost sure to finish last :giggle:

Are there any fans for this C***ya team? Atleast I havent seen anyone openly supporting it in this forum..
Bhai frankly speaking KKR has got the biggest fan base amongst all IPL teams .. we know cricket better and hence we are not their fans .. but most of the KKR fans are there for SRK and entertainment .. last year also KKR made the most profit amongst IPL teams .. even this year they have the biggest fan base even in SA ciities as far as I know.. Modi also told he wants to develop KKR fan base into a Manchester United kind of fan base :haha: .. bhai whatever we say but ultimately normal people think IPL is more about entertainment than cricket :((

KKR was supposed to be some kinda pakistani bangladeshi team with plenty of players from those countries. Probly SRK trying to improve his fan base there and get his movies selling.
And it ended up looking like a Pakistani team- destroying itself.

BTW they are almost doomed after Chris Gayle leaves KKR .. he and Ganguly were the only ones figting for KKR .. KKR almost sure to finish last :giggle:
:whack::whack::whack: Jaab bhi mooh kholta hai ultaa hi bolta hai ... yaar kaab sudhrega .

Bhai frankly speaking KKR has got the biggest fan base amongst all IPL teams .. :hahaha: (Joke of the year) we know cricket better and hence we are not their fans .. but most of the KKR fans are there for SRK and entertainment .. last year also KKR made the most profit amongst IPL teams .. even this year they have the biggest fan base even in SA ciities as far as I know.. Modi also told he wants to develop KKR fan base into a Manchester United kind of fan base :haha: .. bhai whatever we say but ultimately normal people think IPL is more about entertainment than cricket :((