Hope Dhoni saw my performance: Rohit Sharma

mister

I think Rohit has more talent than Raina and has no real weakness but he keeps giving his wickets away in ridiculous ways and cant string together match winning innings like Raina has been doing recently.I really think Rohit is a better test prospect though.
I agree with that ... Rohit's main problem with batting is his mental approach to it. Skills wise he has it all covered, and showed that in Australia and South Africa in 2007/08. However, as u said ... he keeps throwing his wicket away through ridiculous shots. Although I still believe he is the next star Indian batsman, I dont think he should even be in ODI contention atm, given his recent ODI form. However, this shouldnt affect his Test chances. He has performed exceptionally well in first class cricket over the past year or so. Since Yuvraj hasnt yet cemented his Test spot ... I feel Rohit Sharma should be included with the likes of Badrinath, Vijay, and Raina as possible candidates to take over the role.

I listened to that interview post presentation on the TV and he was just answering to questions. I didnt find anything arrogant in the way he was answering them at that time. If he is asked "So can we consider you an allrounder now ?" , what is he supposed to say ? "No no ,I absolutely hate bowling and the batsmen conspired against me by getting out so that the captain bowls me more"

I listened to that interview post presentation on the TV and he was just answering to questions. I didnt find anything arrogant in the way he was answering them at that time. If he is asked "So can we consider you an allrounder now ?" ' date=' what is he supposed to say ? "No no ,I absolutely hate bowling and the batsmen conspired against me by getting out so that the captain bowls me more"[/quote'] no he is supposed to say that he is a part timer who had a good day.he is NOT an allrounder