Suspended Pakistan players set to meet with Modi

bobbydhillon

That is the whole idea. Preventing other subcontinent countries from hosting the world cup. Think about it. If the world cup goes ahead and takes place in subcontinent as planned, next opportunity for Pakistan will come only after a minimum period of 12 years. It means world cup will not be hosted in Pakistan till 2023 assuming Pakistan is still in the hands of Paksitan people. Effectively there would be a 27 year gap between two world cups in Pakistan. Sorry for thread jacking.. !

I think the IPL should approach the Pakistani players and beg them to come and play. This IPL is no fun without the enigmatic pakistani players.
BCCI has bigger ego than anyone else. Not gonna happen. Already lot of international players are warming the benches. I don't think it will ever come to a situation where IPL will need Pakistan players to run it successfully. Probably like 10 or 15 years back when Akram/Waqar/Saeed/Inzamam played that would have been the case. Rightnow they have an average team.

Guest gaurav_indian
BCCI has bigger ego than anyone else. Not gonna happen. Already lot of international players are warming the benches. I don't think it will ever come to a situation where IPL will need Pakistan players to run it successfully. Probably like 10 or 15 years back when Akram/Waqar/Saeed/Inzamam played that would have been the case. Rightnow they have an average team.
I think they should reduce the foreign player quota to 7 from 10 players.Atleast they will have better chances of making into the playing 11.And it doesnt look good when Mcgrath and Vettori warm benches.:((

The problem with you folks is you guys visit pasodi site too much and get frustrated with the posts and their views, which results in you guys spewing hatred all over ICF. Whereas most of us here dont give a flying f|_| Your argument could be valid if those players demanded some APL or EPL to compensate for the loss in earnings. But they are begging INDIAN premier league, which most of us give a *** about. Now you could deliberately overlook the issue just because it involves padosis but dont expect the rest of us to follow the suit.

Regarding the statement by the IPL that the squads have to be announced a month before, was this really implemented? For example, teams like KXIP and Bangalore signed up local South Africans like Abdulla and Roelof van der Merwe later. So.......

Guest gaurav_indian
Your argument could be valid if those players demanded some APL or EPL to compensate for the loss in earnings. But they are begging INDIAN premier league' date= which most of us give a *** about. Now you could deliberately overlook the issue just because it involves padosis but dont expect the rest of us to follow the suit.
They have a three year contract.PCB and their govt didnt give them NOC for this year.So how can IPL and franchises cancel next years contract?Michael Hussey and Shane Watson arent there in this year IPL.So can their contracts be cancelled too for the next year?Resolving and begging are two different terms.If you think logically and professionally and keep aside your emotions and views.You will know what that means.

Guest gaurav_indian
Regarding the statement by the IPL that the squads have to be announced a month before' date=' was this really implemented? For example, teams like KXIP and Bangalore signed up local South Africans like Abdulla and Roelof van der Merwe later. So.......[/quote'] They were replacements.This happened last year also when mendis came in.

Guest gaurav_indian
So then the Pakistani players can be used as replacements as well according to that logic no?:winky:
Yes if they want to.Which i dont think is possible now becoz IPL is coming to an end.And most of the teams are happy with their team combination except KKR. Maybe SRK still needs pakistani players in his KKR.:omg:

So then the Pakistani players can be used as replacements as well according to that logic no?:winky:
Dont they get paid even if theyre on the bench? If so good thing theyre contracts are scrapped.

I think they should reduce the foreign player quota to 7 from 10 players.Atleast they will have better chances of making into the playing 11.And it doesnt look good when Mcgrath and Vettori warm benches.:((
Rightnow BCCI has lot of stipulations on final XI. 7 players must be Indians. out of the 7 .. i think 3 or 4 should be under 23 i think. Coach and captain have to work within this. I have no problem with 4/7 because 5/6 will lead to possible isolation of Indian players by biased coaches like Buchanan. Captains should try to involve as many as foreign players as possible whenever opportunit present itself. I am more mad at Sehwag and co than anyone else. Dirk nannes has done a good job for them. But do we really care about his career? They are supposed to mix Indian youngsters with recognized cricketers and former greats. Mcgrath should have been played atleast in a couple of matches.

Guest gaurav_indian
Dont they get paid even if theyre on the bench? If so good thing theyre contracts are scrapped.
Mahrafe Mortaza is earning 2.6 crores for warming the bench.:cantstop:Buchanan is a joke.

Guest gaurav_indian
Rightnow BCCI has lot of stipulations on final XI. 7 players must be Indians. out of the 7 .. i think 3 or 4 should be under 23 i think. Coach and captain have to work within this. I have no problem with 4/7 because 5/6 will lead to possible isolation of Indian players by biased coaches like Buchanan. Captains should try to involve as many as foreign players as possible whenever opportunit present itself. I am more mad at Sehwag and co than anyone else. Dirk nannes has done a good job for them. But do we really care about his career? They are supposed to mix Indian youngsters with recognized cricketers and former greats. Mcgrath should have been played atleast in a couple of matches.
They are focussing too much on foreign players.They dont give a damn about which indian youngsters are playing.Sanjay Bangar,Ajit Agarkar,Aakash Chopra are their youngsters lol?I think they should give chances to under-19 cricketers only.What will Agarkar,Bangar and chopra learn from this tournament?They are tried,tested and failed players. Only RR and DC are an exception.They have given chances to youngsters.

They have a three year contract.PCB and their govt didnt give them NOC for this year.So how can IPL and franchises cancel next years contract?Michael Hussey and Shane Watson arent there in this year IPL.So can their contracts be cancelled too for the next year.Resolving and begging are two different terms.If you think logically and professionally and keep aside your emotions and views.You will know what that means.
You disregarded the main idea of my post and responded to what little appealed you the most. I've already explained how pakistani players have put IPL riches before national pride, despite their government's dubious attempt to boycott IPL altogether. I am not here to spoon feed you, you can scroll up and read the rest of it. I havent touched on contract issues yet so thats completely irrelevant. But if you could show me when did Shane Watson and Michael Hussey asked IPL to compensate them for their absence I could take you more seriously.

You disregarded the main idea of my post and responded to what little appealed you the most. I've already explained how pakistani players have put IPL riches before national pride, despite their government's dubious attempt to boycott IPL altogether. I am not here to spoon feed you, you can scroll up and read the rest of it. I havent touched on contract issues yet so thats completely irrelevant. But if you could show me when did Shane Watson and Michael Hussey asked IPL to compensate them for their absence I could take you more seriously.
I get scared to reply to a chap like you, as I am hanging by a thread with moderation if I reply by name I might meet the guillotine. Guess even if I spruce my response with puns it wouldnt work. There was no dubious attempt by the Pak government, it was straighforward, they wanted to hurt the IPL thinking teams will fall flat without Pak players or Pak viewership. Both were hollow assumptions.

Guest gaurav_indian
And when did IPL and their franchises suspended their contracts for the next year?Ask them to suspend their contracts without any reason and Watson and Hussey will drag them into courts.Do some research buddy.Pakistani players pulled out of this years IPL so IPL has every right to suspend their contracts this year.But not for the next year thats what they are saying arent they?And that doesnt mean they are begging they are trying to resolve this issue.

Guest Hiten.
They do not get paid if they are benched, they get paid based on the number of matches they have played. Benched players do get paid but I think it is up the management how much they should get paid.

Guest gaurav_indian
They do not get paid if they are benched' date=' they get paid based on the number of matches they have played. Benched players do get paid but I think it is up the management how much they should get paid.[/quote'] Nope they are paid for all the matches for which they are available it doesnt matter whether they play or not.