Has atul sharma recovered?

youngindia

not sure ian pont will allow him such a low profile debut as ranji....he will probably play challenger trophy....or may a againist a touring side...whatever he plays i guess it have lot of people watching him
Thankfully Ian Pont doesnt get to choose our sides ... If all it took to get into the A side was to make a video of yourself training like a nut and start creating hype on some internet forums for a couple of years, dont you think everyone would be doing it? Why does he get to go ahead of everyone else in the queue? Also, if Atul Sharma was supposedly the 100mph express that is claimed, then dont you think Shane Warne would have mentioned him. Good grief, he mentioned Kamran Khan, who only bowls a mere 90mph. I still stand by my view that this is a hoax. He hasnt bowled a ball yet.

Thankfully Ian Pont doesnt get to choose our sides ... If all it took to get into the A side was to make a video of yourself training like a nut and start creating hype on some internet forums for a couple of years, dont you think everyone would be doing it? Why does he get to go ahead of everyone else in the queue? Also, if Atul Sharma was supposedly the 100mph express that is claimed, then dont you think Shane Warne would have mentioned him. Good grief, he mentioned Kamran Khan, who only bowls a mere 90mph. I still stand by my view that this is a hoax. He hasnt bowled a ball yet.
he may be a hoax yet...but the video the interview well there has to be some truth...some where...i will b very happy if atul bowls 95mph consistently....qnd pont says atul is injured now and so he is not playing...and by the way why will RR sign a player if he has no promise.....so there is some truth...and how much is the truth we will only know when atul plays as far as playing in a A side is considered i guess munaf played againist new zealand because many peole considerd he was a 90+mph bowler(which he was until dear old greg chappel taught him something) so i dont see any reason why atul will not get a chance if he is even part true of what ian pont says he is

I dont think it will pull him down. Now Ian pont is a well known coach. There will be far more ppl who will sign up under him than ppl who stayed away bcos of the lie. Thats how PR works. When the whole drama started, Atul was someone who could bowl a 105 MPH (and seriously noone would have cared if he bowled less than 95). I dont know how it started (obviously only 2 persons benefit from that rumor). People started talking abt him only bcos of the whole faster than anyone else and certain quotes by Ian pont like how atul heals fasters, runs faster (maybe too much superman).Ironically, all has become a myth even before the guy has bowled a single ball. Ian pont has started saying that he bowls only 90 MPH and he is already injured. Ian pont went to town with his name and said that this guy has a ninja in his ranks. A ninja, who can bowl faster than any man before. One who can heal faster than any man before. One who can run faster than any bowler before. All of which are only possible due to his coaching for the last 7 years .Dont forget his book. Everyone invested in him(by building up the hype). Cricket boards, cricket magazines etc. But when the investors wanted to see their return, well, he seems to have vanished. Ponzi scheme with hype.Nothing more.
well we all will be skeptical until he plays a match...but three things...one why will a respected magazine like spin buy into this theory until they have done some research in the claims and found them true two why will people like lalit modi,chappell,watson and i dont remember the javelin coaches name will allow their names to be used in a ponzi scheme three why would RR sign a player if he has no promise that also a player who hasnt played 1st class matches and the thing is we all indians want a tearaway fast bowler one who will bowl consistently over 150...if not 160...we lack such a bowler since we 1st started playing test cricket but i agree with you until he plays and proves himself pont and atul will be looked at with skepticism....hope he plays 1 match and settles this once and for all

Guest gaurav_indian
Yes that was a good publicity stunt.