Australia's Ashes squad named.

thats a surprise' date='[b']he should have control since he lacks pace.i liked him in SA.he is like PK,not fastbut rely on swing
Fallacy. Control and pace don't have that great a correlation. There have been a number of express (90 mph+) bowlers like Donald, Holding, Marshall and Waqar who had great control. And there are a hell of a lot of medium-fast guys who never cranked up the speed gun that much like Azhar Mahmood, Dodda Ganesh, Debashish Mohanty, Ata ur Rehman, Merv Dillon and most other WI bowlers in the last decade and loads of others who were in that medium-fast pace range but their control just sucked. Hilfenhaus has a tendency to bowl too short too often, and quite frequently sprays it down leg. I find him a bit overrated right now, certainly a good prospect for the future but not someone who should be picked for an Ashes test.
Fallacy. Control and pace don't have that great a correlation. There have been a number of express (90 mph+) bowlers like Donald, Holding, Marshall and Waqar who had great control. And there are a hell of a lot of medium-fast guys who never cranked up the speed gun that much like Azhar Mahmood, Dodda Ganesh, Debashish Mohanty, Ata ur Rehman, Merv Dillon and most other WI bowlers in the last decade and loads of others who were in that medium-fast pace range but their control just sucked. Hilfenhaus has a tendency to bowl too short too often, and quite frequently sprays it down leg. I find him a bit overrated right now, certainly a good prospect for the future but not someone who should be picked for an Ashes test.
the difference with these guys tried to bowl as quick as they could.they would try to bounce the batsmen n end up bowling short.thats why they were all over the place but what i have seen of Hilfenhaus he seems to understand his limitations n relies on swing n accuracy.but i havent seen enuf of him so u may be true.
I am eating a lot of words right now. Lee is bowling very, very well with the old ball. Utter rubbish with the new ball, but if they have the brains to trust Johnson and Siddle with the new ball, pick Clark as the steady hand and Lee as the strike bowler with the old ball, things could be pretty good. Hauritz of course is ****ing ****.
I think Clark and Siddle with the new ball would be the best combo and knowing that there's Johnson and Lee (lol) still to come, the English would be *****ing their pants. And Johnson with his round arm action would be good with the old ball aswell. And as for North he scored a hundred on a quick seamer against Ntini, Steyn and Morkel. Thats just not something that Watson could ever do (or dream of doing).
Keep this topic bookmarked, and keep some good Aussie Shiraz aside to wash down your words with once North has a killer Ashes series. :winky: Either way - regardless of who's picked at #6, I'd like to see them do well against the Poms. (But I strongly feel the odds are much better if it's North.)
I never said North can't have a good series, he can. But, I'm just surpised how much some guys on this forum have hyped him up. Watson is more consistent for me and I can see him being pivotal to us once he regains some fitness at last! He is also a better bowler then North.
Watson while a good player cannot stay fit' date=' strains, tears, pulls, bad hair days, ghosts, whatever the case he's just a liability and needs to take some extended time off i think to get 100% fit.[/quote'] Good point, you may be right but if he does that he may find that someone else has taken his spot in that time. (already North has, maybe some more)