Pick the 4 foreign players for CSK  

1. 1.

• 1. Oram, Murali, Morkel, Hayden
    • 2. Nitini, Murali, Morkel, Hayden
    • 3. Hussey, Murali, Morkel, Hayden
    • 4. Thusara, Murali, Morkel, Hayden
    • 5. Hussey, Nitini, Murali, Hayden
    • 6. Other

Hayden and Murali have done really well and are the best batsman and bowler resp. for CSK this year. So they are sure to play. That leaves 2 spots open for the likes of Morkel, Oram, Nitini, Thusara and M Hussey. Which combination will CSK go with or you want them to go with in the semifinals?

they will go with either: Morkel & Oram or Morkel & Hussey lol, if Ntini was going to play, he would've been given some practice last match :hehe:
Probably. But its not like Nitini does not have enough exp in SA pitches. Maybe he is the secret weapon. When BRC is planning for a bowling attack of Morkel,balaji,Gony, Tyagi,Murali, Jakati or even Thusara and ashwin, Nitini opens the bowling and takes everyone by surprise.

Hayden' date=' Hussey, Morkel, Murali[/quote'] It looks that this will be the case. But the attitude shown by Micheal Hussey (of not playing the league matches) and then expecting to play the semis, finals has to come into question. Also, he has been out of form of the late. I think Ntini/Bailey/Oram should be preferred over him for staying along the team for the whole campaign and they have also gelled well.

other. Hayden Bailey Murali Ntini Morkel is not firing with bat.Oram is anyway not used much by Dhoni.Ntini can compensate for Morkel and in fact can be a better option in the first 6 overs with his bounce , pace and indippers. Bailey is very good, deserves to open with Hayden.He will do well.he is better than Vijay and Patel.

other. Hayden Bailey Murali Ntini Morkel is not firing with bat.Oram is anyway not used much by Dhoni.Ntini can compensate for Morkel and in fact can be a better option in the first 6 overs with his bounce , pace and indippers. Bailey is very good, deserves to open with Hayden.He will do well.he is better than Vijay and Patel.
Without Morkel and Bailey opening, the batting is only till #5 with a big tail. Patel,Murali et al cannot hit 6's late in the innings.

Hussey has been outta form in the recent times but still they will play him. I would go with Bailey, Hayden, Morkel, Murali but I am pretty sure they will go with Hussey instead of Bailey. Anyway, in a crunch match you need experienced players, so no complaints.

Hussey has been outta form in the recent times but still they will play him. I would go with Bailey' date=' Hayden, Morkel, Murali but I am pretty sure they will go with Hussey instead of Bailey. Anyway, in a crunch match you need experienced players, so no complaints.[/quote'] i have no idea about Hussey back in IPL for CSK.any updates /links plz.....

Hussey has been outta form in the recent times but still they will play him. I would go with Bailey' date=' Hayden, Morkel, Murali but I am pretty sure they will go with Hussey instead of Bailey. Anyway, in a crunch match you need experienced players, so no complaints.[/quote'] But Bailey hasnt exactly been good in the 2 games he played either. So i thought, if Dhoni wants an extra batsmen in, it would be Hussey and not bailey.

I think he said he will not play but will support before So i think he was there for supporting only
I think he is available not sure though.
But Bailey hasnt exactly been good in the 2 games he played either. So i thought' date=' if Dhoni wants an extra batsmen in, it would be Hussey and not bailey.[/quote'] He got run out in both the matches just when he looked like taking-off. Moreover both his innings were better than run a ball, that's pretty decent.There is no question of choosing Hussey over Bailey,if he is in form but unfortunately he is not. Also Bailey is a better fielder than Hussey, even though the latter gets to the ball quickly he has got a very weak arm. So Bailey over Hussey for me, ATM.

I think he is available not sure though. He got run out in both the matches just when he looked like taking-off. Moreover both his innings were better than run a ball, that's pretty decent.There is no question of choosing Hussey over Bailey,if he is in form but unfortunately he is not. Also Bailey is a better fielder than Hussey, even though the latter gets to the ball quickly he has got a very weak arm. So Bailey over Hussey for me, ATM.
Both times, he ran himself out. Why is that not considered as a dismissal anymore ? He has made 45 runs in his 2 innings from 39 balls. Although 45 runs is decent enough, that strike rate is horrible in the 1st 6 overs. His SR is 115, CSK avg SR in the 1st 6 overs is 140+. Hussey last year made 168 runs in just 3 innings averaging 82 at a SR of 168.

I have a feeling that CSK management must have requeasted Hussey to fly in to beef up their top order, which has been a worry from the beginning. Either Parthiv or Badri will make way for Hussey. If that happens, then they may feel there is no need for Morkel to strengthen the all round spiot and may go with Ntini instead. Oram has done nothing to write home about and may sitout for the semis

Both times, he ran himself out. Why is that not considered as a dismissal anymore ? He has made 45 runs in his 2 innings from 39 balls. Although 45 runs is decent enough, that strike rate is horrible in the 1st 6 overs. His SR is 115, CSK avg SR in the 1st 6 overs is 140+.
I never said run out shouldn't be counted as a dismisal.All I said was that he was looking to play some shots,then he got run out. We never know,he would have gone blitz, if he didn't get out, maybe he wud have failed as well. In the match against KXIP, the net RR was below 6 and he was scoring at 125SR even though he scored just 15, is that good going by your ideology?
Hussey last year made 168 runs in just 3 innings averaging 82 at a SR of 168.
There is no question of choosing Hussey over Bailey,if he is in form but unfortunately he is not.

I believe the 1st 6 overs are extremely important. It's a bit more important this IPL because of the slow nature of the pitches. All the teams need to get 50 in the 1st 6 overs with field restriction and when the ball is hard. A 15 in 12 balls or 30 in 27 balls is just not on. That 15 came when the ball was new and hard. You saw how everyone struggled with the old ball. Patel lil innings and excessive extras in the 1st 6 overs by punjab gave us the edge. So Bailey's innings wasnt even on par that day. You dont need a batsman to bat 100 balls in this format. A 20 ball innings might give hussey 30~35 runs at his SR. He might've not been in form 2 months back but you and I have no idea how his form is now. He might play better since his rest. Even if bailey get his average of 23 runs in 20 balls in the next game, it is just not good enough. So why not try someone else.