Scorecard of the Day: One of the classics

This match i watched live. I think this is the first Ranji match they showed live on Television. Vengsarkar was unconsolable. He was literally crying on the ground. One of the best domestic innings i have seen.
Yes I remember watching this one too- what an effort by Vengsarkar to try and win it and then that stupid run out!!! What a match!!

One of the greatest cricket matches played anywhere ever! Although this game is remembered as one of the best ever, I somehow remember this for another reason. This game, alongside the series in Pakistan, was probably the time when I became a Sachin fan. I was kind of harsh on him in the beginning probably because I felt the adulations that he was receiving was over the top, but probably the bigger reason was that he had hit Kapil Dev inside out over cover for six in domestic games. And I simply dont care if your surname was Ulkar or Singh or whatever you simply did not do this to Kapil, noone had done so in International cricket for about 15 years, well apart from that underrated genius Arvinda De Silva. In the game I was supporting Haryana(Kapil) who looked well set for victory based on first innings lead. In the last innings of the match Bombay surprised more than a few souls by going for the win. Colonel and Sachin lifted them fantastically and played one of the greatest partnerships seen in domestic cricket. I would read later in newspaper how Kapil was shouting at all his team mates not to take these two lightly since he was well aware of what they could do, and eventually did do. Until Kuruvilla ran himself out Colonel had single handedly won Mumbai the title and proved why they were known as the khadoos team. Great match!