Best thriller novels of all time - recommend new novels to read

DomainK

I'm talking in general. Well, Archer is an Airport Author (though better than many others in this regard). Try Tom Clancy, David Baldacci, Sam Bourne, Frederick Forsyth, Alistair MacLean, Jack Higgins etc.
Thanks for the suggesstions. :hatsoff: I have read Tom Clancy's novels. They are good. My favourite writers are H.P.Lovecraft, Tom Clancy, duo writers, Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child, Agatha Christie, Stephen King and a lot more. I regret reading their books - Jeff Archer, Sidney Shelton, Chetan Bhagat and Dan Brown.

Can't be. I'm sure its less than 350 pages. There must be some issue with the formatting because 1450 pages is a LOT - you'd get 4 or 5 Archer books in that :giggle:
Lord is right , the paperback version is 1000+ pages for K&A,Crow,4th Estate. even Wiki says 500+ pages for Hard back books.

Thanks for the suggesstions. :hatsoff: I have read Tom Clancy's novels. They are good. My favourite writers are H.P.Lovecraft, Tom Clancy, duo writers, Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child, Agatha Christie, Stephen King and a lot more. I regret reading their books - Jeff Archer, Sidney Shelton, Chetan Bhagat and Dan Brown.
no problems.....PM me if you want links for any of these :) looks good - downloading all their novels right now..

Now don't expect sophisticated literatue :giggle: Guy is a jockey turned writer , wrote 37 books in 38 years [Wiki]
Well, I dont expect sophisticated. I like novels that make an impact :--D I just don't like authors exaggerating things, fakey environment, black and white morality in characters, painful cliches, and stupid usage of story telling techniques like Deus ex machina or Chekhov's gun.

Well, I dont expect sophisticated. I like novels that make an impact :--D I just don't like authors exaggerating things, fakey environment, black and white morality in characters, painful cliches, and stupid usage of story telling techniques like Deus ex machina or Chekhov's gun.
Its more like Chase novels.

Some good novels in the whodunit genre guys? I love that genre. I have read SH' date=' Poirot, Miss Marple, Perry mason etc. Anything else anyone can suggest? Especially modern writers?[/quote'] try books by P.D. James, Dorothy L. Sayers, Raymond Chandler, The Father Brown Stories by G. K. Chesterton, James Hadly Chase, John Dickson Carr among older writers. try books by Reginald Hill, Ruth Rendell, Haken Nesser, Karim Fossum, Jeffrey Deaver among modern writers. I have read most, but not all, of the older writers and I can say that authors like Chandler, Sayers etc are masters of the genre.

^ Thanks. I will try those wuthors. Let me know if you have any e-books.
Out of that list I have P.D. James, The Father Brown Stories by G. K. Chesterton, James Hadly Chase, John Dickson Carr, Haken Nesser, Karim Fossum, Jeffrey Deaver, Reginald Hill. If you want I can give links to most of these.

Out of that list I have P.D. James' date=' The Father Brown Stories by G. K. Chesterton, James Hadly Chase, John Dickson Carr, Haken Nesser, Karim Fossum, Jeffrey Deaver, Reginald Hill. If you want I can give links to most of these.[/quote'] Could you kindly upload the books on the sky drive?