Though I am a Pakistani, I practically live in India - Wasim Akram

Guest gaurav_indian

Guest gaurav_indian

I was rooting for Daredevils - Wasim Akram

There were no Pakistanis in the IPL but the former cricketer says he wanted Delhi to win the title "I won't discuss IPL at all," said Pakistani cricketer-turned-commentator Wasim Akram tersely, only to confess that he had rooted for saddi Delhi Daredevils in the recently-concluded Indian Premier League. The former Pakistan captain emphasised that he would speak only about "his tournament" the upcoming ICC World Twenty20 in England. He was in town to promote the same. Akram fielded questions on T20, Indo-Pak relations and his much-maligned former colleague Shoaib Akhtar. Excerpts from a quick chat: Who has gained more from the IPL young players or the senior ones? In the long run, younger players will gain more from this form of cricket. Look how Manish Pandey (Royal Challengers) performed. However, one can't negate the contribution of experienced players. Be it Adam Gilchrist, Anil Kumble, Rahul Dravid or Matthew Hayden everyone rose to the occasion. Do you regret missing out on Twenty20 cricket? I don't regret not playing this format. Though, I feel I would have thoroughly enjoyed it. Who, according to you, are the front runners for the World T20 title? My obvious choice would be Pakistan, but then defending champion India are also hot favourites and so will be the mighty Australians. Is Pakistan as strong as it was during the 2007 edition of the World Cup? They are stronger. The team looked good in the recently-concluded series against the Aussies. Indo-Pak relations have hit an all-time low and the two nations' cricket culture has been affected negatively... I am hoping this World Cup will revive the ties between the two countries. Personally, I want things to get better. Though I am a Pakistani, I practically live in India. When I am in Pakistan, people joke, 'Arre aap Hindustan se aa gaye!' Both countries are close to my heart and in the long run, I feel things will improve. What do you have to say about the recent controversy that has hit Shoaib Akhtar? I don't know what happened. I have been in India for the last couple of weeks. Whatever I know of the issue is through media reports. Did the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) do the right thing by divulging sensitive details about Shoaib's medical reports? There could have been a reason why the PCB decided to come out in the open. Shoaib Akhtar kuch karta hai ki kuch aisa hota hai. Termit his misfortune, Shoaib somehow ends up becoming controversy's favourite child.
http://www.mid-day.com/news/2009/may/270509-Wasim-Akram-Pakistanis-cricketer-Delhi-Daredevils-Indian-Premier-League.htm

everybody has a fundamental right to live! Wasim Akram and family have to live. so, his choice is india, may be he wud settle down in England in old age.but if he is in pakistan, there is no guarantee that he wud live till Old age!:haha: