Time to Leave Australia ?

Desi Cartman

the govt must be worried , australia has a lots of jobs dependent on Tourism and education industry ... I know these is racism here and there but now I think desi media is milking these story ...the desi student got attcked by junkies most of them werent even white ... I think victoria police has a lot of work to do .. Melbourne was never this unsafe ...
the desi media is bringing hitler too in all these :giggle: and the headlines are like racist australia etc. :haha: BTW I dont think there is much wrong.. Aussie PM became concerned only when India raised it in which Indian media has a big role to play .. why the feck should Australian govt. even tolerate racism.. until India interfered Aussies did not even care about all these attacks.. and they still want to thrive on tourism and education industries

had I moved to the US a year ago , it would have been easy for me to say that its all BS as well ... try facing teenager who spit at u or some junkie/idiot who punches u .... Im not even sure what he is on about , he says there was crime on delhi metro and then the cops fixed it ... isnt that what Indians want here as well ? btw WTF .. racism is a 2 way street ? what did the blacks do 200 years ago ... what did dalits do 2000 years ago .. what have Indians done specifically in Melbourne which justifies getting spit on , punched on , racially abused
My point exactly. I am with you on this. I dunno what this author is trying to reason.

Thats true mate about the curry muncher thingy, but lets be honest here, pretty much every nation would say stuff like that ? I dont mean to be disrespectful, I don't judge people via nationality, it is important to know who they are and what offends them. I think every country has people who are racist to an extent, but that doesn't excuse whats happened tio Indians here in the last few days, its disgusting. I just hope that doesn't give every Australian about name, when it is just a few idiots out there.
No I'm sorry. I am an Indian living in the US for close to twenty years and I can tell you that people do not talk like that about different nationalities here. The sensitivity is much more and it ought to be. In fact, ethnic and racist jokes at work can get your terminated if you are a repeat offender. People are much more cautious in general.

If other people say stuff about Aussies which would be considered racist they wouldn't be offended, such as white **** or whatever lol. In most cases at least, which is why I think they say it. They think the others are the same and wont be offended or that it's alright to say it. Can I just ask though, in India are there any people who make racist remarks about Australians? Also, do you think if there were as many Australians in India as there are Indians in Australia that similar stuff would occur? Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm just interested.
Please do not justify bad behavior by citing other bad behavior. Nobody has said India is the example of racial equality. The Indian society is riddled with problems as well.

The problem of mentioning racism to an aussie always comes with a denial.....'oh it is just a few bad apples" they say. I have observed this many times as evident with Bradman99. Look, when so many people are getting targeted (bashed up, stabbed) in such a short time, there has to be a endemic problem. This is not new. Oz is notorious for racial taunts in sporting arenas for a long time. The reason it is a bit better in the US is because this country has gone through civil rights movement in the 60s. Look at Russia and the attack on immigrants there. Same ****.

No I'm sorry. I am an Indian living in the US for close to twenty years and I can tell you that people do not talk like that about different nationalities here. The sensitivity is much more and it ought to be. In fact' date=' ethnic and racist jokes at work can get your terminated if you are a repeat offender. People are much more cautious in general.[/quote'] Exactly!!!

No I'm sorry. I am an Indian living in the US for close to twenty years and I can tell you that people do not talk like that about different nationalities here. The sensitivity is much more and it ought to be. In fact, ethnic and racist jokes at work can get your terminated if you are a repeat offender. People are much more cautious in general.
Precisely. I've lived in the US as well for 20 years and what Dandaroy has stated above is fact. When I moved to Melbourne earlier this year, the racism that was visible at the surface was shocking.

^ I heard a guy on the radio blaming these attacks on cabbies for not knowing the correct route :wall: . There were many many people who said they were against this violence but it was shocking to hear what some people are saying to justify these attacks ... When my brother came to visit me for the first time 3-4 years ago from the US he told me the same thing. In fact when I went to the US/Puerto rico even I felt how different it was

The problem of mentioning racism to an aussie always comes with a denial.....'oh it is just a few bad apples" they say. I have observed this many times as evident with Bradman99. Look' date=' when so many people are getting targeted (bashed up, stabbed) in such a short time, there has to be a endemic problem. This is not new. Oz is notorious for racial taunts in sporting arenas for a long time. The reason it is a bit better in the US is because this country has gone through civil rights movement in the 60s. Look at Russia and the attack on immigrants there. Same ****.[/quote'] Look mate, I already said Australia is a more racist country then most. But, to be true to you, it's not just the Australians in Australia that say this stuff about Indians it is that of all different nationalities, that is why i said maybe in other countries similar things are said because here it is not just the "aussies", it's a lot of other different nationalities as well. I think it's terrible to label a country as "racist", it is the reality that only a small minority are racist I feel.. The people I hang around maybe say a few things but in reality they don't mean them! That to me is the main thing, to know who to say it to and if they will be offended or not, of course it is best to not say it at all though! but they still hang with them and stuff like that. There is a cricket team I play against full of Indians and they are a very good team, there is always respect when we play each other. Indians are respected by educated Australians, disrespected by uneducated Australians, that is the bottom line. Also it is true kind of that a lot of Indians don't seem to want to blend into the Australian way of living, fair enough, but I mean they could at least make an attempt. A relative of mine is an Indian and I bloody love the guy, he's hilarious, I think it's very unfair to give Australians a tag as "racists".. when its just not true. It's easy to say that living in India hearing these stories come through..

Offtopic - but d.roy - we need you working your magic for the Worldcup now in cricket forum. You made your threads for NZ tour' date=' and we won :P[/quote'] fineleg/danda, please keep this on topic and don't skew a pretty serious and interesting discussion with this nonsense about jinxing and such.

Look mate, I already said Australia is a more racist country then most. But, to be true to you, it's not just the Australians in Australia that say this stuff about Indians it is that of all different nationalities, that is why i said maybe in other countries similar things are said because here it is not just the "aussies", it's a lot of other different nationalities as well. I think it's terrible to label a country as "racist", it is the reality that only a small minority are racist I feel.. The people I hang around maybe say a few things but in reality they don't mean them! That to me is the main thing, to know who to say it to and if they will be offended or not, of course it is best to not say it at all though! but they still hang with them and stuff like that. There is a cricket team I play against full of Indians and they are a very good team, there is always respect when we play each other. Indians are respected by educated Australians, disrespected by uneducated Australians, that is the bottom line. Also it is true kind of that a lot of Indians don't seem to want to blend into the Australian way of living, fair enough, but I mean they could at least make an attempt. A relative of mine is an Indian and I bloody love the guy, he's hilarious, I think it's very unfair to give Australians a tag as "racists".. when its just not true. It's easy to say that living in India hearing these stories come through..
Sums up the problem and attitude. Give them a chance to blend, some have only been in the country a few months

Look mate, I already said Australia is a more racist country then most. But, to be true to you, it's not just the Australians in Australia that say this stuff about Indians it is that of all different nationalities, that is why i said maybe in other countries similar things are said because here it is not just the "aussies", it's a lot of other different nationalities as well. I think it's terrible to label a country as "racist", it is the reality that only a small minority are racist I feel.. The people I hang around maybe say a few things but in reality they don't mean them! That to me is the main thing, to know who to say it to and if they will be offended or not, of course it is best to not say it at all though! but they still hang with them and stuff like that. There is a cricket team I play against full of Indians and they are a very good team, there is always respect when we play each other. Indians are respected by educated Australians, disrespected by uneducated Australians, that is the bottom line. Also it is true kind of that a lot of Indians don't seem to want to blend into the Australian way of living, fair enough, but I mean they could at least make an attempt. A relative of mine is an Indian and I bloody love the guy, he's hilarious, I think it's very unfair to give Australians a tag as "racists".. when its just not true. It's easy to say that living in India hearing these stories come through..
Exactly ! also I have seen kids misbehave so much off late. A sri lankan colleague was telling me that his son and his friends were asked to *** off back to India ... Im talking about 12 year old kids here ... There is something wrong bradman. I dont know how we can fix it but trust me if these things continue then many educated Indians will leave ... tourism will take a blow and the education industry as well .. can u imagine how many jobs will be lost .. BTW dont u think the Aussie govt issued too many visas in the last year or 2. Its very easy to create panic among locals if u grant 100000 visas just for students in a country that has 20 mil people ... These 100000 visas dont include people who became permanent residents, came here on skilled visas, spouse visas etc ..

Exactly ! also I have seen kids misbehave so much off late. A sri lankan colleague was telling me that his son and his friends were asked to *** off back to India ... Im talking about 12 year old kids here ...
Simple tell them- "We will as soon as you f*** off back to Europe" Cheek of the baskards! Atleast you entered the country legally their bapus and chachas muscled in killing the locals.

Simple tell them- "We will as soon as you f*** off back to Europe" Cheek of the baskards! Atleast you entered the country legally their bapus and chachas muscled in killing the locals.
yaar the problem is that u cant argue with fools ... it makes it harder if they are bunch of fifth graders.. its pretty much like discussing 911 with pakis :giggle:

:two_thumbs_up: Darn those Aussies who show such attitude. They can go :finger:

No, no no, stop, just stop and hold on for a moment :orderorder: :protest: I am sorry but if you're coming to another land out of your own free will for purposes of study, settling down etc, the land that you come to doesn't owe you any special favors and the impetus is on you to make a sincere effort to fit in by respecting the new lands culture, language and traditions This issue is not a racism issue so I am at a loss to explain why people are of the view Indians are targetted simply because they're Indians. The problem can be summarized as follows: These attacks have taken place in the less affluent suburbs of Melbourne that already have a bad reputation, where the policing of thugs has proven a problem. The Indian students are seen as "easy targets" that carry around expensive equipment such as laptops, phones and ipods amongst other accessories. When attacked, the Indian students do not retaliate for fear of deportation from the immigaration authorities. In an attempt to crack down on the crime rate, police have asked Indian students to look the part, not draw needless and unnecessary attention to themselves and avoid dangerous train and bus stations at evening and night times So this issue is in essensce a policing issue where students were repeatedly targetted for them being easy targets. How this was woven and spun into a racism issue where Australian flags are burnt is sickening and off the point If you feel Australia is a racist country, please pack your bags and catch the first plane home. You cannot live in this beautiful land, enjoy the opportunities, the good life and degrade the country's name on the basis of few isolated incidents