Border-Gavaskar scholarship : Abhinav & Co. to train in Australia

Feed

Bangalore: Tamil Nadu opening batsman Abhinav Mukund, Maharashtra left-arm seamer Jitendra Patil and Uttar Pradesh all-rounder Bhuvneshwar Kumar are all set to commence training at the Centre of Excellence in Brisbane for four weeks. ... More... Abhinav & Co. to train in Australia Bangalore: Tamil Nadu opening batsman Abhinav Mukund, Maharashtra left-arm seamer Jitendra Patil and Uttar Pradesh all-rounder Bhuvneshwar Kumar are all set to commence training at the Centre of Excellence in Brisbane for four weeks. The trio, which has been selected for the prestigious Border-Gavaskar annual scholarship program, was at the National Cricket Academy before leaving for Brisbane on Thursday. “Winning the Border-Gavaskar scholarship and getting a chance to train in Australia is a tremendous opportunity for us,” said Abhinav Mukund. “Personally I am looking forward to training under coach Greg Chappell and I am keen to learn about playing in different conditions,” Abhinav added.

Bhuvanesh kumar looks like a prospect. he will certainly gain from the trip. Abhinav Mukund will get his opportunities in the longer version of the game to represent India A. it is entirely up to him to utilise this trip to handle pace, swing and bounce so that he can face international bowlers confidently. most of our top domestic batsmen would fail miserably when they tour SA or NZ/Eng/Aus. hope the boys come back as better cricketers and safely!

Wonder why Abhinav was sent back without even a single chance in IPL after a very good domestic season. Rahane picked up late and showed why he accumulated so many runs in domestic cricket. I was expecting Rahane, Pujara and Abinav to feature in this edition of IPL. Only Rahane had opportunity.

Wonder why Abhinav was sent back without even a single chance in IPL after a very good domestic season. Rahane picked up late and showed why he accumulated so many runs in domestic cricket. I was expecting Rahane' date=' Pujara and Abinav to feature in this edition of IPL. Only Rahane had opportunity.[/quote'] Chennai have quite a few batsmen ahead of Abhinav in the pecking order notably Badrinath , M Vijay , Parthiv Patel etc
Chennai have quite a few batsmen ahead of Abhinav in the pecking order notably Badrinath ' date=' M Vijay , Parthiv Patel etc[/quote'] Key thing is form. He amassed over 1000 runs last year. Karthik also amassed over 1000 runs. You could see he was in form from the IPL performances. I also didn't like how they kept Kohli down the order for Bangalore. He was also in sublime form. I think Stephen fleming had a role to play in the batting order. Otherwise they would have dropped an Indian seamer and Oram and picked Ntini and an Indian batsman.