ICC designates India v Pakistan warm-up game as 'Catch the Spirit' match

Guest gaurav_indian

Guest gaurav_indian
KARACHI: Despite strained relations between the two countries, the BCCI has agreed to donate its earnings from the T20 World Cup practice match against Pakistan for the policemen, killed and injured, in the Lahore terror attack. Pakistan Cricket Board officials said the ICC has also given its clearance for the noble cause with the consent of the English and the Indian Cricket Boards. "It is decided that the revenues would be donated for the six policemen and a driver killed in the attack and to the policemen wounded by the militants," one PCB official said. "It is a very good gesture from the Indians because without their cooperation and that of the England and Wales Board this would not have been possible," the official added. The practice match, to be held on June 3 at The Oval, will also act as a curtain raiser to the mega event. The match has already evoked huge interest and will be telecast live. The attack on the Sri Lankan team near the Gaddafi stadium on March 3 shocked the cricket world as six policemen and a van driver were killed in the tragic incident.
http://cricket.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/BCCI-PCB-to-donate-earnings-of-T20-WC-practice-match/articleshow/4590222.cms

It is absolutely stupid of Indians to do such a thing. God knows how many of these f'ing policemen have had their sons, nephews, brothers sent across the border to gun down Indians and we are paying them? What a bunch of baloney. I hope they change their mind!

Nice to know my money is going to a good cause *rolls eyes* I don't mind it going towards helping some innocent people, but I know this money will not be appreciated by them, they will still have hatred for India, so it's pointless helping these people.
What is one match proceeds vs 10 Billion$ over 5 years? Thats what the US paid Musharraf for his support and they still hate the US.

This is pure nonsense. Did BCCI pay anything to relatives of people who got killed in Mumbai? What nonsense is this ? Is there any where we can write a scathing letter to BCCI -- asking them to stop this nonsense.

:hello: BCCI' date=' there are starving and more deserving kids in India. kthxbye[/quote'] Won't get them as much publicity as donating elsewhere in South Africa or Pakistan or wherever they want to come across as wonderful considerate humanitarians. Charity may begin at home but dickheads like Niranjan Shah and Lalit Modi believe that publicity only comes abroad.
:hello: BCCI' date=' there are starving and more deserving kids in India. kthxbye[/quote'] I dont mind the money going to victims but I know this would be misused and will create more terrorists.. so there is no benefit doing any charity to the beggars.. the beggars will remain anti-India even if you give them money And regarding BCCI and Lalit Modi, I would like to say that they do these mainly for publicity. There were donations for education in South Africa but Lalit Modi never thought of education when the IPL was organized in India ... let us wait for CL and next year and see if Modi donates for education in India too or was that only a show off
some of u guyz need to explain why its a stupid idea? and when u respond ask urself if you really are telling the facts. its a moral thing and stop being retards
Your media stated that the bus driver of the SL team had a brother who fought in Kashmir killing Indian soldiers. Who knows how many 'brothers' these so called victims have who raised arms against India. Thus its a stupid idea.

When Pakistan continues to claim there was a hand of India in the attack (not all Pakistanis but some stupid people that can't recognize the time bomb ticking in Pakistan) where is there a need to extend helping hand. The Pakistan govt must be perfectly capable of taking care of few policemen's family don't you think? If I had my way I would donate the proceedings to the Sri Lankan board or the players that were injured in the attack.

Your media stated that the bus driver of the SL team had a brother who fought in Kashmir killing Indian soldiers. Who knows how many 'brothers' these so called victims have who raised arms against India. Thus its a stupid idea.
Afridis cousin is a terrorists and lets not forget who miandad's relatives are. Terrorists organizations seems to have someone or the other in all the positions in pak
im against even $1 going towards pakis .. let them burn in hell.. they wanted to create a hell for India but they themselves are burning in that hell. btw why dont pakis refuse to take this money, after all we are killing their people everyday now?
Because you can't find a bigger hypocrites than them ? They blame US for taliban and SWAT region probems but gleefully accept the 10 billion $ aid. Even the PCB , goes to blame BCCI and takes the begging bowl out when they want something.