Would the following current stars get into their nations all time test XIs...?

Gavaskar, Sehwag, Dravid, Tendulkar, Hazare, Mankad, Engineer, Kapil, Kumble, Srinath, Bedi Id agree with MSD not making an Indian team, My all time India XI would include Engineer . As i said before, from what I have read him and Kirmani seemed to be better keepers and MSD hasnt done enough as a test bat YET As for a pak XI- Hanif M, Saeed A, Javed M, Inzamam, Zaheer A, Imran K, Wasim Bari, Wasim A, Saqlain M, Abdul Q, Waqar Y I guess it might come down to whether Yousuf could dislodge Zaheer Abbas...

Guest Gunner
My Indian AT XI would have Sunny' date=' Viru, Dravid, Sachin, Pataudi, Mankad, Dhoni, Kapil, Kumble, Chandra, Srinath - though Dhoni with a note of caution because I am unsure of how well he could've kept to Chandra, who'd spin it at pace.[/quote'] No VVS?:((:((:((

Thought about him, but IMO Azhar and VVS were the superior batsmen for consistency. Vishy was more entertaining/elegant to watch, and Amarnath I hold in particularly high regard given his records against quality pace (aside from that one nightmare series). Plus I'd get called a shameless biased Mumbai whoar if I pushed for him. :P

Vengy was bit of an FTB, think he scored 17 cents in total only 3 of which were away from home- the 3 he scored at Lords Fine batsman, but there are a few - Vishy, Azhar, VVS, Amarnath- not to mention Ganguly, who are ahead in the pecking order...

^ No Vengsarkar ? :hmmmm2:
Vengsarkar experienced a lot of success as a one-drop batsman - but there's no comparison when we have Dravid to choose for that spot. Mr. Wicket, if I had to choose a batsman for the #5 spot, I'd probably have to choose between Azhar and VVS, and I'd choose Laxman for his greater consistency, since Azhar had quite a few question marks across the countries he played in. Azhar would probably be in my 15 for the squad though. Amarnath was an amazing player of pace, but since Sehwag, Dravid, Sunny, and Sachin can all handle that pace very well - would probably go for Laxman.