Name 5 Young Batsmen and 5 Young Bowlers Who Fit The Bill

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Name 5 Young Batsmen and 5 Young Bowlers Who Fit The Bill What happend to dhiman and that kid pujara.. guys when u are talking about batting don't forget parthiv patel.........

Re: Name 5 Young Batsmen and 5 Young Bowlers Who Fit The Bill

Brian just said: 'Anyone who can play like that off his back foot has to be special'.
Oh, for God's sake, how can a back foot player be sorted out like Raina was with short pitch deliveries? Raina has talent,no doubt. But he isn't a finished article. He has to find out how to play short-pitch stuff! As for 5 batsmen and 5 bowlers U-25: Batsmen: 1.Manoj Tiwari 2.Rohit Sharma (he has to clear my doubt) 3.Robin Uthappa 4.Shikhar Dhawan (an opener) 5.Dinesh Karthik (a brilliant and resilient batsman) If you want to count Yuvraj and Dhoni and Raina and few U-19 batsmen.... Bowlers: 1.Munaf Patel 2.Sreesanth 3.Ranadev Bose (a very good choice for tests) 4.Ishant Sharma 5. Abu Nacheem Ahmad (this boy has a future) 6.Piyush Chawla 7. Vijay Yomahesh (I'm not very convinced of his ability to bowl in longer version even though he did take 6 wickets in an inning in the Duleep Trophy 7 months back.) There are few others too. And no, I won't take Abid Nabi even in the list of 20 players. He is terrible. And I'm not counting Pathan out. He will recover his form sooner than later. We need a bowling coach badly.

So basically we all agree the cupboard is VERY VERY bare.... isn't it?
No. I don't think its bare. Its only that we don't don't know about them, or even if we do know the name, we're not sure of their real ability at international level because of the rubbish level at domestic system.

What happend to dhiman and that kid pujara.. guys when u are talking about batting don't forget parthiv patel.........
I haven't seen Pujara bat after the U-19 WC, so can't quite comment on him.

Badri is only 26. VRV and Pathan are only 22. the cupboard is anything but bare, we just need to manage these guys better.
True. I'm not very sure about Badri because in last A tour he didn't exactly excell. And domestic cricket is a bad guide to judge anyone. I think he'll have to do something more if he wants to see his name in top three aspiring batsmen.

Glad to see ICF backing Raina!!! This guy needs to be given a long rope.
What do you mean by a long rope? 100 ODIs? I think he was given quite a long rope and played for India for 18 months or so playing more than 35 or so ODI but failed to set the world on fire in even two of them.

Glad to see ICF backing Raina!!! This guy needs to be given a long rope.
We've already given him one. The kid refused to hang himself with it. Seriously speaking, i cant believe people rate Raina so highly. The guy neither has the technique nor temperament for greatness. Temperament can come with experience, technique am not so sure. He looks useless right now. Based on his current credentials, captaincy is all he is eligible for :hic:

Re: Name 5 Young Batsmen and 5 Young Bowlers Who Fit The Bill yeah no spinners...Chawla is the obvious one, P Ojha mayhap Shikar Dhawan was kinda faded hasnt he, not as badly as Rayudu mind you...Ranadeb Bose probably deserves an international call up... There were some good players on that U 19 Pak tour, Srivastav for eg.

Re: Name 5 Young Batsmen and 5 Young Bowlers Who Fit The Bill Raina looked superb earlier (during our ODI wins) and then looked awful (during our losing streak). He has shown compact/poor defense, excellent/poor stroke play, great/poor temperament all in a span of a few series. He is verstaile I must say. :lmao: In all seriousness, I think he has great potential. We need guys like him to click.

where are the spinners in the list? most look like medium pacers and a few semi fast.
Unfortunately there aren't many, Chanakya. Chawla is the brightest. Then Shabaz Nadeem is another who is SLA but I could not see him after U-19 WC because he plays for Ranji plate. Ravindra Jadeja is another, but I don't rate him. I cannot think of any young spinner, other than these.

dont know why people are considering isant sharma as "matchwinner".. and that too on international level.. he has not done anything significant in domestic level.. plus he is too skinny for internation level..
I didn'nt know that skinny people are barred from playing international cricket...lol.. :P Seriously, Agarkar is practically a twig...