Sreesanth hopeful of comeback in WI tour

Feed

The fast bowler believes India’s forthcoming tour of the West Indies and the Champions Trophy in South Africa in September offer him a chance to return to the national squad. More... Sreesanth optimistic Principal Correspondent KOCHI: The Indian team’s disappointing performance in the ongoing Twenty20 World Championship has given fresh hope to S. Sreesanth. The fast bowler believes India’s forthcoming tour of the West Indies and the Champions Trophy in South Africa in September offer him a chance to return to the national squad. “I’m completely fit now, raring to go. I played the last five IPL games,” said the 26-year-old cricketer after inaugurating the Ernakulam District Cricket Association’s indoor coaching centre at the Mar Athanasius College at Kothamangalam, near here, on Wednesday. Make a comeback “Hopefully, I may get a chance for the West Indies tour or the Champions Trophy. And in the worst-case scenario, I will get a chance to play the Ranji Trophy and make a comeback,” said the youngster who effected a crucial catch in the final of the inaugural Twenty20 World Cup in South Africa in 2007 which helped India win the title . The game goes on On India’s performance in the current Twenty20 World, Sreesanth said, “I thought they would win, we should have won those two good games. But cricket doesn’t stop, we have the Windies tour and the Champions Trophy.” On rumours that there was a rift in the Indian Twenty20 team in England, he said, “I’m not in the team, so I can’t give my opinion on that. But I’m sure Dhoni ‘bhai’ and the others in the team are good. I think these things are created by the media.”

Thank god. We need him desperatley. He will run and give 100%. Try and bowl fast which he often does by clocking high 80s sometimes 90s. His attitude and fire is needed in our bowling. As Ishant has turned in to a trundler and Zaheer is starting to look a bit plump!!! RP and Sree are very much required and look hungry. Not sure why evryone hates Sree. Yes he is a bit crazy but he is a decent chap. Gives his all and gives hell to oppo. I like that

can he get some time off from dancing and flirting with bollywood babes lol?
Why something wrong with dancing and flirting with beautiful girls? Is that a reason not to pick him and be subjected to so much hatred? More interested in what he does on the pitch. Which quite often has been very good for India!

Well Sreesanth is not as much blessed with talent as most of the Aussie bowlers were.I am talking about the likes of Mcgrath,Warnie,Lee,etc.They displayed cosmetic aggression but they backed it up with supreme bowling spells.Sreesanth needs to focus on his bowling skills more.Otherwise,as Matthew Hayden said,he will always be considered as an over-rated bowler.

He should try and get a county contract and prove his detractors wrong.
so do u think people are unneccesarily putting him down?? when was the last time he had a good performance..? let alone a match winning performance? hes jus a show pony.. who plays for the gallary and who got carried away by the fame.. i dont think hes gonna work it out in the county or domestic... he jus wants to get back into the team with his past performance.. i dont think tht kinda attitude is gonna help him.. i dont see him in the team any near future...
so do u think people are unneccesarily putting him down?? when was the last time he had a good performance..? let alone a match winning performance? hes jus a show pony.. who plays for the gallary and who got carried away by the fame.. i dont think hes gonna work it out in the county or domestic... he jus wants to get back into the team with his past performance.. i dont think tht kinda attitude is gonna help him.. i dont see him in the team any near future...
The last time he played, he did very well in the CB series in Australia. Also did well in last year's IPL - don't think he has played much after that except the odd matches in this year's IPL on his injury comeback. He is a tremendous talent and will keep on bowling with enthusiasm even when the opposition scoreline is 400/3 and there is nothing in the pitch. I don't if he tied to procure a county contract - if not he should because a county season is certainly going to help him.
Guest gaurav_indian
His past performances sreesanthneedlessaggres.jpg sreecrying.jpg sreesanthharbhajanslapp.jpg sreesanth1.jpg