Indian fans are the most immature: Atherton

We blame Pakistanis for their head in the sand attitude .And we are not any different by defending bad behaviours of our own country men .We should show the courage to say that a wrong is a wrong no matter who does it. How can we defend the Calcutta crowd of 96semi final .Such acts are shameful and should be denounced . Atherton is not a racist or any thing .He is one of the most educated classy individuals that have ever played cricket .

We blame Pakistanis for their head in the sand attitude .And we are not any different by defending bad behaviours of our own country men .We should show the courage to say that a wrong is a wrong no matter who does it. How can we defend the Calcutta crowd of 96semi final .Such acts are shameful and should be denounced . Atherton is not a racist or any thing .He is one of the most educated classy individuals that have ever played cricket .
Get a grip Calcutta 96 semi was 13 years ago!!!!! If he had wrote the article 13 years ago it may have had some releavance:hysterical: What about the barmy army antics no one wanting to address their immaturity? And the wetern football fans? No thoughts on their immaturity?

Atherton is right... we should learn to be more gracious..... we should learn from Team England supporters...after all you're forced to be gracious after you lose match after match. No energy left to burn posters...just sip your tea and let it go.

Isn't that exactly what I said? When you start a discovery process of who is more immature you are exactly trying to rîght a wrong with another one.
Whoever is trying to right a wrong? Let us be clear about the fact that all kinds of fan misbehavior and over reaction is wrong. I don't understand from where you derived that I was defending some Indian fans' over-reaction to defeat. The point being made by comparing to football is that fan misbehaviour is a serious issue all over the globe and thus to single out Indians for this is rather unfair and uncalled for.
Whoever is trying to right a wrong? Let us be clear about the fact that all kinds of fan misbehavior and over reaction is wrong. I don't understand from where you derived that I was defending some Indian fans' over-reaction to defeat. The point being made by comparing to football is that fan misbehaviour is a serious issue all over the globe and thus to single out Indians for this is rather unfair and uncalled for.
^^^^^:dito:
"It is time for Indian cricket supporters to grow up and accept defeat as an essential part of the game. Sport is not about winning; it is about losing. Trust me, we in English cricket know more about that than anyone," he said. "They will lose in various ways - some thrillingly, some abjectly - but lose they will. It is what makes the moments of triumph all the more special. ATHERTON THE F**CKIN BAST*RD!
Self-experience - Mikey ??

Though Mike says the obvious, you know why England has never won a major tournament? This is why. No passion They talk all the time about freaking Ashes that nobody cares about. Not that they were good in Ashes. They have been getting royal pasting left and right.Indian cricket team is driven by its passionate fans. Sure they go overboard when India loses and also when India wins.

Guest Gunner
As an Indian, do you want to fix your home first or the globe? What does it matter who does it, the problem is we do it. And honestly no one destroys property, burns effigies, takes out janaazas etc as much as Indians do when their team loses. I don't think I said you were defending the behaviour, I am merely pointing out that you are overlooking something which is a significant issue.
Guest Gunner
Though Mike says the obvious' date=' you know why England has never won a major tournament? This is why. No passion They talk all the time about freaking Ashes that nobody cares about. Not that they were good in Ashes. They have been getting royal pasting left and right.[b']Indian cricket team is driven by its passionate fans. Sure they go overboard when India loses and also when India wins.
Oh blimey, now its passsion?? So we threaten our cricketers win or face dire consequences, wow.
As an Indian, do you want to fix your home first or the globe? What does it matter who does it the problem is we do it. An honestly destroys property, burns effigies, takes out janaazas etc as much as Indians do when their team loses.
By that logic, as a Brit Atherton should be concerned about British fans' misbehaviour. All of us know that Indian fans misbehave and there have been several posts of condemnation of such behaviour on this very forum. We don't need Atherton to arrogantly point it out to us while he happily ignores the faults of his countrymen.
Don't you think booing the home team at Lord's was an act of utter immaturity?
U have pinned it right there Gunner: I mean, how amazing is this for an Indian Team to have England out-supported in England: but taking arrogance to the level of such pugnacity is ... idiotic to say the least. Utterly disgusting, u gotta feel for the English side and supporters.