Lose In First Round of Two HUGE ICC Tournaments....

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Lose In First Round of Two HUGE ICC Tournaments....

Birbal Saheb speaks with an agenda . He was never happy with Dravid for playing the "Et Tu Brutus" part in ousting Ganguly. He has been waiting for Dravid to fail ' date=' in my opinion. And he uses Chappell as an excuse to mask his hatred for Dravid.[/quote'] when did he not fail as captain other than soem masala gams on home turf.. nobody needed to wait.. all these months peole were keepign quite because they were fed the bs of let us tak all these loss i stride because dravid and chappel are coming back with world cup going one step beyond gagu-dada but we have seen now what how that went.... to expect people not to talk even now about dravid the leader is askign too much..

Birbal Saheb speaks with an agenda . He was never happy with Dravid for playing the "Et Tu Brutus" part in ousting Ganguly. He has been waiting for Dravid to fail ' date=' in my opinion. And he uses Chappell as an excuse to mask his hatred for Dravid.[/quote'] BTW there was Dravid hatred even before Ganguly was ousted as captain. It was just reinforced after the Ganguly ouster.

BTW there was Dravid hatred even before Ganguly was ousted as captain. It was just reinforced after the Ganguly ouster.
Both might be hated in different places but no match for the hate directed at the DON/Mafioso. :lol:

Birbal Saheb speaks with an agenda . He was never happy with Dravid for playing the "Et Tu Brutus" part in ousting Ganguly. He has been waiting for Dravid to fail ' date=' in my opinion. And he uses Chappell as an excuse to mask his hatred for Dravid.[/quote'] when did he not fail as captain other than soem masala gams on home turf.. nobody needed to wait.. all these months peole were keepign quite because they were fed the bs of let us tak all these loss i stride because dravid and chappel are coming back with world cup going one step beyond gagu-dada but we have seen now what how that went.... to expect people not to talk even now about dravid the leader is askign too much..
My judgment is not based on recent events. As a occasional reader of the old ICF I was shocked and surprised at the unbridled hatred for Dravid/Chappell cabal to the point being totally unreasonable and foolish. And the kind of Ganguly worship these guys indulge in , boy it's insane !. And I am speaking from a neutral perspective here. And , yes you are right , Dravid has sucked lately as a captain and it is good to give constructive criticism and I am not averse to the idea of replacing him. In fact , I know that you like Ganguly , but that doesn't mean you dislike Dravid or least your post doesn't indicate that . Get the drift.

Re: Lose In First Round of Two HUGE ICC Tournaments.... I was one of those who thought Dravid would make a great captain, sadly he proved me wrong, and he hasn't sucked as a captain lately, he's never been a great captain to start with.

Re: Lose In First Round of Two HUGE ICC Tournaments.... with groupism...who can get fair results.. with no SRT and Dada in the team..who had a dream run in ODIs...and Tests..in SA and WI.. i always believed Dravid will be a very good captain... if he is given free hand..which he has got now i believe.... i am sure his records will tell a totally different story...

with groupism...who can get fair results.. with no SRT and Dada in the team..who had a dream run in ODIs...and Tests..in SA and WI.. i always believed Dravid will be a very good captain... if he is given free hand..which he has got now i believe.... i am sure his records will tell a totally different story...
That dream run included SRT apart from the Eng series. We fell apart in WI without these two.

Re: Lose In First Round of Two HUGE ICC Tournaments.... India aren't exactly spoiled for choice, are they ? Although ideally, i'd like to see Yuvraj given the reigns. It's better to give him the responsibility now so that Indian cricket can move forward. Dravid has been an abject failure and only retains the job because there aren't any other contenders.

Re: Lose In First Round of Two HUGE ICC Tournaments.... If we are comparing his reign to Gangs it must be borne in mind that we were really a diff team under gangs- simply because the big 4/5 batters were at their best- SRT was still a class act , Drav himself was becoming great, Sehwag had just come on to the scene and wasnt figured out yet...VVS was class....even the bolwing was good Sri was still going strong and Zak was on fire esp in ODIs Not quite the same team any more

I was one of those who thought Dravid would make a great captain' date=' sadly he proved me wrong, and he hasn't sucked as a captain lately, he's never been a great captain to start with.[/quote'] Then how did he win 18 in a row . Rather strange coincidence that this was achieved minus Sachin and Ganguly. :chin:

I was one of those who thought Dravid would make a great captain' date=' sadly he proved me wrong, and he hasn't sucked as a captain lately, he's never been a great captain to start with.[/quote'] Then how did he win 18 in a row . Rather strange coincidence that this was achieved minus Sachin and Ganguly. :chin:
Very inaccurate Anyways, RD needs some serious lesson in reading the pitch

Re: Lose In First Round of Two HUGE ICC Tournaments.... And the losing streak as well? Was ganguly playing in that ? Dravid will always be a thinking captain. Not a proactive one. Even in the sri lanka game he got the slip in place after the ball had been edged twice and gone through first slip. even the Irish captain brought in a slip to the new man in after an edge for a couple of overs in the middle of the innings.

Dravid captains the team like a Aus or SA. Unfortunately he has a team with minnow team mentality
Could you explain this further. I sort of see what you are trying to say but would like to hear more.
Dravid plays and captain the side like Steve Waugh. Waugh takes tough decisions but he had a good team to support it . He was one of those who started to bat first in Test cricket whenever he won the toss even if the conditions are a bit bowler friendly. His team backed him all the way and prepared to fight. But our team always require ideal conditions to win. We've to win the toss, it has to swing when we bowl. should not swing when we bat etc. Its the mindset just to give up when the going is tough. Unless we change our mindset, we won't be champions. Change is mindset will bring lot of changes to our game like taking singles (instead of looking for 4s/6s all the time), stopping singles, becoming good fielding unit, playing well in tougher batting conditions etc. Dravid is the captain who can bring and implement that culture where people don't pick easy way. Thats why Dravid is rated highly as a batsman and also as a captain by many.

But our team always require ideal conditions to win. We've to win the toss' date=' it has to swing when we bowl. should not swing when we bat etc. Its the mindset just to give up when the going is tough..[/quote'] If this is the case, then mindset has nothing to do with it. It sounds like the team needs better players.

But our team always require ideal conditions to win. We've to win the toss' date=' it has to swing when we bowl. should not swing when we bat etc. Its the mindset just to give up when the going is tough..[/quote'] If this is the case, then mindset has nothing to do with it. It sounds like the team needs better players.
I agree. Look at Karachi test. 33/6 and then the wickets go dry forever.

No, its mindset. You need better players when the players has not got the skill, talent, potential etc. But in this case we do have all of them but the willingness to fight is not there. Its more on the mental side than anything else

No, its mindset. You need better players when the players has not got the skill, talent, potential etc. But in this case we do have all of them but the willingness to fight is not there. Its more on the mental side than anything else
No, it's the players. The bowlers always need favourable conditions to thrive - as was the case in Karachi vs PAK; three left arm-seamers who bowled exactly the same way as one another. The batsmen can't seem to score away from home. This has been the recurring theme throughout 2006/07. Their mentality has nothing to do with it - this current group of players just aren't good enough.