T20 team manager suspended for seeking sexual favours from women cricketers

Guest Hiten.

Guest Hiten.
VIJAYAWADA: The dust has barely settled on Team India's sorry exit from the ICC World Twenty20 in London when a new controversy has raised its ugly head. The team's manager and Andhra Cricket Association (ACA) secretary V Chamundeswaranath has been suspended for various misdemeanours, including allegedly seeking sexual favours from women cricketers. The ACA satrap was still in London along with Dhoni's men when, after an emergency executive meeting here on Thursday, ACA president Gokaraju Gangaraju said the decision to suspend Chamundeswaranath was taken in view of the serious charges levelled against him. "A few women cricketers have approached the association with a complaint that the secretary had been harassing them for sexual favours in return for a place in the team. It has been decided to issue a show-cause notice to Chamundi to prove his innocence and keep him under suspension till the case is finalised,'' said Gangaraju. The meeting, attended by 25 of its 32 members, also resolved to ask Gangaraju to act as secretary till July 26 when the extraordinary general body meeting will look into the explanation -- if Chamudeswaranath gives one. Sources at the meeting said an enquiry committee report found irregularities in the purchases made by Chamundeswaranath for the stadium in Visakhapatnam. The report apparently claimed that a chair which he bought for Rs 1,350 does not cost more than Rs 600. Chamundi had bought 24,000 chairs at that price and the executive decided to seek an explanation from him for misuse of ACA funds. Speaking to TOI from London, Chamundeswaranath wondered how he could have been involved in the affairs of women's cricket when a former India player, Poornima Rau, works with the ACA as a consultant as well as its selector. "I don't get involved in selection matters, least of all that of women's teams. And then I have a proven record of helping sportswomen. When I can help Saina Nehwal and Sania Mirza who are not cricketers, how can I have such an attitude towards cricketers?" he said. Chamundeswaranath felt that the timing of the emergency meeting betrays the desperation of some members to engineer such a decision in his absence as they know they can't do it in his presence. "Even if the report submitted by the enquiry committee has proved my guilt, is it not fair that I was given a hearing before a decision was taken," asked Chamundi, adding that he is confident that he will come clean of all charges. "I come from a zamindari family and I don't need to make money through illegal means," he said, adding that he does not need much time to turn the tide. According to Chamundeswaranath, a conflict between players and non-players in the association has led to this situation. "I have involved all former cricketers in the affairs of the ACA and this has caused heartburn among the zonal secretaries who feel that they have little say in cricketing matters." The charges and rebuttals notwithstanding, trouble has been brewing for some time now and ego clashes between Gangaraju, an industrialist with political clout, and Chamundi only fuelled the fire. Interestingly, the former was installed by the latter two years ago when the long-standing ACA chief N Venkat Rao was ousted from office. Gangaraju has since been unhappy, with Chamundi running the show his own way and not surprisingly, the axe he wielded on `Mr Quickfix' came quicker than the BMW Chamundi drives.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/T20-team-manager-suspended-on-sex-charge/articleshow/4673096.cms There is no sane 'employer' in BCCI's office, is there ? :hitler: