Is This The Turning Point for Pakistan Cricket?

Thanks Dhondy. My opinion on Pakistan's future as a cricket team hasn't changed from what I stated here almost a year and a half ago - http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?t=91706 Once the senior guys like Younis, Yousuf and Misbah go, I still expect them to go into a state of free-fall given the lack of emerging talent, dedicated players, role models to bring in the youngsters and the eroding infrastructure.

Turning point it is. They go in circles. Now watch the legendary beast make it back even to the test team and do nothing yet stay in the team for years. Watch Akhtar come back, break down, create controversy, get out. Watch Asif come, get caught with drugs and get banned again. Watch Akmal drop catch after catch in match after match.

Turning point it is. They go in circles. Now watch the legendary beast make it back even to the test team and do nothing yet stay in the team for years. Watch Akhtar come back' date=' break down, create controversy, get out. Watch Asif come, get caught with drugs and get banned again. Watch Akmal drop catch after catch in match after match.[/quote'] They are already pining for Asif & Akhtar. All is forgiven. Warts are beautiful again.

there is no doubt in my mind that paki t20 world cup iwn was a complete fluke. when one of the worst cricketers on earth afridi has a few good matches, u know its a fluke. this is being proven in the sri lanka series where their team is getting anal probed by average bowlers like kulaskara, tushara and angelo matthews, sri lanka's second string bowling attack rofllololmao :haha::haha: india after winning t-20 world cup, lost one odi series at home to australia but then went from strength to strength to prove that it had a quality team with good players and that world cup win was not a fluke. after losing 2-4 at home to austrlaia, they won 5 consecutive odi series. now india hasnt lost odi series since 2007. india also won test series against austrlaia, england and new zealand. there s real quality in that team. wit pakisttan we know its a fluke for sure after seeing how they are getting bummed by everyone in other forms of the game. their team is just ful of fake nigguhs

there is no doubt in my mind that paki t20 world cup iwn was a complete fluke. when one of the worst cricketers on earth afridi has a few good matches' date= u know its a fluke. this is being proven in the sri lanka series where their team is getting anal probed by average bowlers like kulaskara, tushara and angelo matthews, sri lanka's second string bowling attack rofllololmao :haha::haha: india after winning t-20 world cup, lost one odi series at home to australia but then went from strength to strength to prove that it had a quality team with good players and that world cup win was not a fluke. after losing 2-4 at home to austrlaia, they won 5 consecutive odi series. now india hasnt lost odi series since 2007. india also won test series against austrlaia, england and new zealand. there s real quality in that team. wit pakisttan we know its a fluke for sure after seeing how they are getting bummed by everyone in other forms of the game. their team is just ful of fake nigguhs
Yes but nothing shoudl be taken away from them for having won the WC. So was Indians victory in 1983. Afretard played firebrand cricket and stepped it up when required. Question is can he maintain his consistency -- well in 10 - 12 years he has not been able to do it. so to expect the same now would be stupid. Moreover a lone Worse was after they won the WC we saw a lot of Pakis Thumping theirs chests and claiming their cricketers were the best in the World and they would be world beaters and blah blah and blah probably have come back down with thud so hard that their ass is aching.

but dats my point their cricketers arent that good i dont think some of their batsmen could get into ranji trophy teams whcih is exactly why winning the world cup was a fluke,im not saying they didnt deserve to win it b/c they did but it doesnt prove that their side has any quality when garbage-men like afridi playing tukka inningz. it was like a one-off thing if they really wanna prove they are quality team, they shud be beating other sides in all forms of the game but how can they do that when their players arent good enuff

Just wait till the next series, it will go down as usual. It's not the lack of ability they suffer they have problems in the administration, the set up changes quicker than Obama's change of dress. The team is still going to be isolated by the international community. Not because of players or the ones involved in the sport but their radical population screws it up for everyone unfortunately. That country has far too many bigger problems than worry about cricket. On top of that the players seem to behave OK under Younis Khan but you never know with them, someone like Abdul Razzak right after this world cup could already start hatching a plan to captain this team now that Younis Khan has retired from the T20 team. That said, I have always had fantastic respect for Younis Khan. He has the right attitude and unlike the past few captains he knows how not to mix religion with sports. Pakistan should do everything to keep him at helm.
First thing I looked was my opinion to this thread and am glad I wasn't proved wrong. As usual Pakistan are hardly there after a good T20 series. They did good in the first test all right but the reality has against slammed the Pakistani supporters. I guess they need to get used to this and hope they will hold their ground in other formats.
First thing I looked was my opinion to this thread and am glad I wasn't proved wrong. As usual Pakistan are hardly there after a good T20 series. They did good in the first test all right but the reality has against slammed the Pakistani supporters. I guess they need to get used to this and hope they will hold their ground in other formats.
Yours was a prescient post, Ravi. The thread also demonstrates that we are quick to praise when something has been achieved. It seems some sensitive souls can take the smooth, but not the rough.
This will actually set pakistan back a few years. As some serioulsy pants players will be continued to be picked in tests and odis despite them being awful. Two such players are Afridi and Akmal! Afridi is awful and will probably still now ridiculously be selected for tests cos of a few flukey 20/20 lottery knocks. Akmal could not catch a cold but has probably firmed his position for next decade cos of lottery win!
Told you so:--D
Later this year Pakistan tour Australia. If they can win or even finish that series with an honourable draw, I'll start wondering whether there's a new era ahead. But most likely the hit-and-giggle stars like Afridi will again get found out and exposed ruthlessly there, their brave new bowling attack will get pillaged and dismantled by real stars like Phillip Hughes (50+ average this Ashes - what say?) and they'll leave trying to bend over enough to be able to lick the wounds on their asses. (snip) There's very little there to suggest a great future for Pakistan. They've got six tests ahead in the next 12 months, three in Sri Lanka and three in Australia, to prove me wrong. I'll be shocked if they do it and this turns out to be much more than a one-off due to a lottery format tournament.
QFT. :--D Looks like the donkeys are already bending over to lick their wounds after these epic collapses.
Later this year Pakistan tour Australia. If they can win or even finish that series with an honourable draw, I'll start wondering whether there's a new era ahead. But most likely the hit-and-giggle stars like Afridi will again get found out and exposed ruthlessly there, their brave new bowling attack will get pillaged and dismantled by real stars like Phillip Hughes (50+ average this Ashes - what say?) and they'll leave trying to bend over enough to be able to lick the wounds on their asses. Just remember Dhondy; this is a country with one of the most corrupt and incompetent cricketing boards and administrators, filled with idiots who would rather point fingers and think up conspiracies from across the border rather than help the game. There is no domestic infrastructure, little to talk about among young batting talent, and other than the odd overhyped quick bowler or spinner who obviously is the next Qadir/Saqlain/Wasim/Waqar as per some idiotic fans in need of an urgent brain transplant, there's very little talent depth. Think about this: How many years does Younis have left? How much does Misbah have? How many does Yousuf have left (assuming the snake stays around and doesn't again jump ship to someone else dangling a big paycheque in his visual zone)? That is the core of Pakistani cricket. Two in decline, Younis maybe just around his peak, not getting any better and only getting older. Saeed Ajmal is also 31, and let's see if either he or this new lethal spinning Afridi can actually have some impact in a test match. There's very little there to suggest a great future for Pakistan. They've got six tests ahead in the next 12 months, three in Sri Lanka and three in Australia, to prove me wrong. I'll be shocked if they do it and this turns out to be much more than a one-off due to a lottery format tournament.
Re-bump, sorry Dhondy but just wanted to again highlight just what Pakistan are after that one brief flash of brilliance. Still a joke of a team overall, embarrassed 2-0 in Sri Lanka by a team missing their strike bowler and hit by a few injuries, left taking only 4 wickets on a fourth/fifth day Colombo wicket in 130+ overs, and now being pillaged by a Sri Lanka A side that belted 348/6 in 50 overs a short while ago (and have Pakistan 124/5 in response).
This will actually set pakistan back a few years. As some serioulsy pants players will be continued to be picked in tests and odis despite them being awful. Two such players are Afridi and Akmal! Afridi is awful and will probably still now ridiculously be selected for tests cos of a few flukey 20/20 lottery knocks. Akmal could not catch a cold but has probably firmed his position for next decade cos of lottery win!
Now they make brain dead afridi captain based on a few lottery performances:hysterical: My point proved me thinks:hysterical: