The 3 AM Playlist

flamy

Whoa! People here actulally like post rock? And yes' date=' mono is amazing. Try going to one of their shows.[/quote'] Hell yeah. I actually use it when studying to drown out the outside world, no words to distract you so its useful! Other post rock I listen to- Pelican-(great band), Do Make Say Think, Russian Circles. Theres this english band called 65 Days of Static who are ok. Hymn to the immortal wind- thats the Mono album ive got. Its quality. Youve seen em live fbm? That must have been good. Sigur Ros are meant to be great live. Ive got Takk as well which is a super album.
I hope no one has said this but Matchbox 20 have a song called 3AM. Might be appropriate!
lol.. I used to like Matchbox 20 back in the day. I rememeber that song. They had some good songs- 'if youre gone' 'bent'

Are the the same? I thought post rock by definition was wordless. I think My Bloody Valentine are awesome; theyre supposed to be the great shoegazer band. Ive also d/loaded the Best of the Cocteau twins -(theyre another great ambient/dream pop/shoegazer act apparently)- recently because ive heard a lot of good things about em. Not listened to it yet

Hell yeah. I actually use it when studying to drown out the outside world, no words to distract you so its useful! Other post rock I listen to- Pelican-(great band), Do Make Say Think, Russian Circles. Theres this english band called 65 Days of Static who are ok. Hymn to the immortal wind- thats the Mono album ive got. Its quality. Youve seen em live fbm? That must have been good. Sigur Ros are meant to be great live. Ive got Takk as well which is a super album.
Mono was amazing. Saw them three times, once for "You Are There" and twice for the Hymns album and every time it was stunning. As amazing as the studio albums are, they really are a live band and the intensity and emotion that they produce on-stage is really something else. The big post rock bands that I've seen are Pelican (they were great too. Come to think of it, most instrumental bands sound amazing live), A Silver Mt. Zion, Sigur Ros, Efterklang (similar in a way to sigur ros), Russian Cirlces and 65dos (after they went all techno-ey and gooey). You should really check out Sigur Ros's () if you havent and also other bands like Gregor Samsa, Earth (try out "Hex, or Printing in the Infernal Method") and Jesu. I've been hooked on to this kind of music since I was 15 or something.

Mrs Sarkozy? Not heard any of her stuff, she dosent look all that.. :dontknow: Band of Horses are a great band.. check em out, two classics eYhrCsgHa0k o7_s9H0BRrU&feature=related Another Underrated band -Longview DjYeUA4JSyc Good song this... 5MVS5njkx6U&feature=PlayList&p=65C4B3F55B055FF3&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=5