Day-Night Test Cricket - good idea or bad one ?

that should be decided by umpires n its not that hard.too many times i feel wen bwler is putting pressure on batsman an edge goes to the boundary n pressure is off.
That much should be left to luck. Besides I have seen players like Tendulkar deliberately edge the ball to place it fine.
That much should be left to luck. Besides I have seen players like Tendulkar deliberately edge the ball to place it fine.
that can be seen.they open the face of the bat n are always intending to play there.but it is not same as players wanting to play a cover drive n ball going to fine leg off inside edge? luck?why should the bowler be penalised for a good ball that induced the edge?why should the batsman be rewarded for a bad shot?hes lucky enuf to be still there n then gets runs he doesnt deserve its frustrating

i dont understand why there is this huge cry about crowds... do you think bcci earns only through tthe gate collection at venues? nay.. the revenue from tickets can be as less as 10% of the ttal revenue earned from a test match through other channels like tv rights, radio rights, internet rights, advertisement boards etc etc. so having less crowd i the stadium is not goin to make any big difference to the revenue.. the next question is - are enough people watching the match on tv to boost the trp ratings and hence the pricing of the ad slots. well.. most of the people follow test cricket if not on tv, then thru websites, sms updates etc... so the interest and followng is still on, even if its not by watching on tv.. so may be the argument that playing matches in the night may attract more viewership.. but tell me onething.. do you guys still believe that only indians in india are watching india tests? not at all.. the indian audience in spread across the world. so if they play tests hosted by india in the night, it may help indians in india.. but what about those in australia, uk, and the us... it may be day time for them and hence they may not be able to watch it on tv due to work... same argument holds good when india is on tour in england or south africa, where they start the match in their evening.. it will be close to mid night for us. similarly.. a day night test in west indies would be bang in the middle of office hours in india so.. whether you play it in day or night, doesn't really matter as far as the viewership and revenues are concerned.. that leaves us with the question of do we have to tamper with an age old tradition of test cricket.. with lunch breaks, tea breaks, bad light etc? when there is no significant change in terms of viewership/revenue that can be achieved by this change, why do it in the first place?

positive: probably more crowd will show up barring rain, no more early stumps due to "bad light" batsmen don't play negative cricket to get bad light colored clothing + white ball might add some zing for those who think test cricket is old negative dew + white ball. major major factor which will outweight any positive above. if there is any dew, it will become very unfair to the bowlers = high scoring draws. they replace the white balls in ODIs after 35 overs, how are they going to deal with that in tests? you can't go replacing balls as you wish. it will become very unfair to the bowlers. the reverse swing will be completely out of question, and it will be very hard for the spinners. I think they can use pink/orange balls instead of white, and IF they can manage to somehow address the dew issue, I think it will be an interesting idea. I am not completely for it, but in a 3-5 test series, it will be nice to have one 1 day-night test to make things interesting....
gr8 post ya, change b all color to pink or orange, thats perfect it will also look visible under lights and retain shine better 90 over mark ball change must be switched to 30 over mark ball change so that dew factor is taken care of and bowlers dont have to bowl with spongy ball these changes will make night cricket really atractive
gr8 post ya, change b all color to pink or orange, thats perfect it will also look visible under lights and retain shine better 90 over mark ball change must be switched to 30 over mark ball change so that dew factor is taken care of and bowlers dont have to bowl with spongy ball these changes will make night cricket really atractive
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: dude.. do you know that there is a clan called tweakers who rely on older balls?

On TV, to promote Test Cricket more they really need to cut down the ads after every over. Since there's like 100 overs per innings, Test Cricket is more of an Ad-Fest. Ads every 5 overs is good. But the TV operators don't care about this. Test cricket is a game that is best seen in a stadium. And not at night please, or else I'll have to bring my kambal and takiya.

On TV, to promote Test Cricket more they really need to cut down the ads after every over. Since there's like 100 overs per innings, Test Cricket is more of an Ad-Fest. Ads every 5 overs is good. But the TV operators don't care about this. Test cricket is a game that is best seen in a stadium. And not at night please, or else I'll have to bring my kambal and takiya.
noooooooooooo ads are another fantastic idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! who doesnt like watching clever indian ad like the happydent bubble gum advertesement where the guy drives around old indian town and evrybody has light coming from their mouths by chewing the happydent these ads deserve MORE AIRTIME in test matches and they will also make test cricket mor e interesting inbetween the breaks more ads plz