When will we have an express fast bowler?

I don't understand the obsession with pace. While you don't want trundlers opening your attack, guys like Akhtar and Lee have shown that pace is overrated. What our guys need is variation, swing, seam, accuracy and ofc some pace, no need for "tearaway" or "express". If we have bowlers with the pace of a Sreesanth (135-140), but with a cool head, control and variation, we will be good to go.

If we have bowlers with the pace of a Sreesanth (135-140), but with a cool head, control and variation, we will be good to go.
But problem is now that range has come down to 120-125. Nehra was clocking over 130. Where it hurts is end overs. It was really painful to watch Sohaib malik showing all wickets and slapping our bowlers wherever he wanted. I don't say Malinga don't go for runs. But our bowlers are much more frequent.

have patience guys, Ishant has said that he would clock 100mph someday. So we just need to bear with his rubbish bowling till then :D on a serious note, i think Sree should be drafted back to our squad immediately. I have no idea why he has been left out since he has been playing in English county for sometime now. Zaheer, Sree and Nehra looks to me as a more than decent attack. Ishant needs to get his radar right, i am not a fast bowling expert so i don know how he should go about doing that, but he surely needs to be dropped and go back to first class cricket, put the hard work there and come back. We should also try out Tyagi he seems to me like a very decent prospect and giving him a chance against Australia would surely tell us how good he is.

I am not sure about the accuracy of speed guns though..all the bowlers have been consistently 5-7 k[h below their normal speed. i thought Tyagi bowled well..the ball to dismisss Tharanga was brilliant. Like Saneindian said..Tyagi was avraging around 135 kph today and was comfortably the fastest bowler on display. Unfortunate he got carted by Dilshan and Sanga early on..but I suspect that would have happened to anyone. Anyway he is not express but certainly worth the investment. The amount of bounce he got on this pitch was amazing. I see a lot of potential in him.

King Tendulkar, I share the same frustration you have, Many of the Pakistani friends just joke with me that you Hindus don't have it in you to bowl fast, just except the fact that you are not as strong as we are, and I get so red in my mind, Anyway, I have compiled the list of top 10 fast bowlers from India till date and had started a blog with this info. I was a hard core cricket fan and would never missed a single delivery, I am watching regular cricket since 1986, and here are the mileage of the indian bowlers I notices, 1, J Srinath - 156Kmph (99, Africa tour) 2, Ishant Sharma - 152Kmph (2008 Aus tour) 3, A Nehra - 149 Kmph (2003 World cup) 4, S Sreesanth - 149 Kmph (Kuwalmpur tri series 2006) 5, RP Singh - 147 Kmph ( Recent Aus series) 6, A Agarkar - 146 Kmph (when he made his debut around 2001-2002) 7, Z Khan - 146 Kmph ( 2003 world cup) 8, A Bhandari - 145 Kmph (2004 Aus tour-this guy was really good strong bowler with good action, but unfortunate one) 9, VRV Singh - 145 Kmph (2006 Africa tour) 10, Munaf Patel - 143 Kmph (early 2006) All the above bowler have legal bowling action not like Shoaib or Brett who have suspect action, Apart from these recorded speed I guess Salil Ankola was also very quick, Kapil dev was quick in 79-82 era, If you know some one who was missed from this list you can suggest here,
there is no way in hell srinath was 150+ he was fast sure, but in the 140's. and all the bowlers listed were not consistently fast. yes they would bowl 145 now and then but then go back into the 130's.
there is no way in hell srinath was 150+ he was fast sure, but in the 140's. and all the bowlers listed were not consistently fast. yes they would bowl 145 now and then but then go back into the 130's.
Ok,so u are a Pakistani after all.He did touch 150+.But then ofcourse he was a vegetarion that wouldn't count.