When will we have an express fast bowler?

its far difficult to negotiate a 90 mph delivery coming at you than a 70 mph with movement. someone like an akhtar need not rely on bowling at the right areas as long as they can blow batsmen away with raw pace.
Many are in denial and cant accept this. If the above was not true then Prasad would have been as good as Donald. Actually I think Prasad moved the ball more then Donald and had more control but I know who is the better between the two.
Your a poodle who follows what your mates say. Regardless of its factual content as long as its against me. You remind me of Blair with Outsider beng Bush! What a great pair you two jokers are!
Hahaha.. :laugh:.. If only you were following some of the intense debates I've had with guys like Shwetabh and Salil over many issues in the last few weeks, starting from UDRS, Sachin's batting with tail-enders, the general role of genes in producing fast bowlers, Yuvraj's Singh place in the test team to how certain types of pitches produce certain types of bowlers... Would you like to me bump those thread where we've had serious disagreements, just like how I bumped your 'foresight' thread? :winky: You have lost it (AGAIN). :haha:

On the topic, I have made my views pretty clear. An express fast bowler is a 'nice-to-have' asset, not a 'must-have' asset. After all, it isnt express fast bowling that propelled us to the no.1 rankings, but skilled fast bowling by superb quicks like Zak. If we lose sight of this and get all orgasmic over speed gun readings like the Pakis do, then there's no difference b/w us and them. There's no point getting all depressed and teary-eyed, waiting for the day when that dream 150 kph Indian fast bowler comes among us. After all, it might not happen at all, it might happen even next week. We have to make do with what we have and what we already have is actually pretty good and propelled us to the no.1 spot.

Go ahead, be my guest. How fast do you think Steyn was bowling yesterday?
Ok. You have never watched Steyn bowl before, let alone today, as you live on the internet and this site and this is how you follow cricket. Thats why you think he is a medium pacer. You also have never watched any true fast bowlers in action hence your obssession with high 70s bowlers. You also are anti punjabi/sikh and are pro muslims and pakistan. You also have never been to India and are actually a british born Kashmiri who pretends to be Indian. Its fun this guessing, can I continue:--D
Ok. You have never watched Steyn bowl before, let alone today, as you live on the internet and this site and this is how you follow cricket. Thats why you think he is a medium pacer. You also have never watched any true fast bowlers in action hence your obssession with high 70s bowlers. You also are anti punjabi/sikh and are pro muslims and pakistan. You also have never been to India and are actually a british born Kashmiri who pretends to be Indian. Its fun this guessing, can I continue:--D
Yeah, that was quite fun and original. Now can you answer my question - how fast do you think Steyn was bowling yesterday?
Steyn in the past was also a bowler of 140-145 range.It was Morkel who was 150+.
Many are in denial and cant accept this. If the above was not true then Prasad would have been as good as Donald. Actually I think Prasad moved the ball more then Donald and had more control but I know who is the better between the two.
wait till someone comes in start ridiculing express pacers as 'meat eating phaast bowlers'. lol if we can't find them just start ridiculing them and pull a quick stat along the lines of prasad had a better average than donald or something of that sort.
He did not bowl any in 150 rage. But clocked many in high 80s as well as your beloved low 80s. I mean the one that got rid of sachin was 87mph. Not exactly medium pace
Forget about 150 range. He hardly bowled anything above 145 and very few above 140. His average speed was around the 135-138 mark. Real express. :giggle: Of course, movement, control, and swing at a higher pace is going to be more lethal than at a lower pace. Doesn't take a genius to recognize that. If it was about pace primarily Morkel would have been the wrecker in chief as he was a good 4-5 kmph faster than Steyn on average. Steyn was getting deadly movement both ways from an immaculate line and length and got wickets because of that. Would he have been able to exert the same control at 145 kmph? Probably not, or else he would have done it.
wait till someone comes in start ridiculing express pacers as 'meat eating phaast bowlers'. lol if we can't find them just start ridiculing them and pull a quick stat along the lines of prasad had a better average than donald or something of that sort.
yes, a fast bowler is good to have, but it is not must to succeed in international cricket. What do you expect us to do when we can't find them? Keep shouting from the rooftop that we dont have a phaaaaasht bowler? When we know what Zaheer khan is doing much better than your favorite Akthar has ever done :haha: I am getting tired of this obsession with pace. people here starts commenting even they watch a newcomer bowl just one ball "oh this guy is sh!t, he can't bowl 140+ , he is another trundler, he just bowled 133kph, he wont succeed in international cricket,bla bla bla" really irritating "
He did not bowl any in 150 rage. But clocked many in high 80s as well as your beloved low 80s. I mean the one that got rid of sachin was 87mph. Not exactly medium pace
Not express pace either.U mean we need to find some one like steyn ? That i agree.:--D
yes, a fast bowler is good to have, but it is not must to succeed in international cricket. What do you expect us to do when we can't find them? Keep shouting from the rooftop that we dont have a phaaaaasht bowler? When we know what Zaheer khan is doing much better than your favorite Akthar has ever done :haha: I am getting tired of this obsession with pace. people here starts commenting even they watch a newcomer bowl just one ball "oh this guy is sh!t, he can't bowl 140+ , he is another trundler, he just bowled 133kph, he wont succeed in international cricket,bla bla bla" really irritating "
We need to face up to our wekanesses and the realities. Will not go in to pak mentality of denial and sticking head in sand. The fact we have no qulaity express pacers sucks(of course with control/movement, I have to keep adding this as otherwise the control/movement brigade jump in, Do I have to keep stating the obvious?) . Its vital if we want to dominate world cricket. Lets not deny the fact we need a Trueman, Marshall, Ambrose, Donald and Steyn type bowler. Those who can and often will bowl express and blow teams away. When will we ever get one?

I can understand KT's yearning. A great fast bowler can make most batting lineups look mediocre. On days like this, soul searching is the order of the day. But KT, a fast bowler will not materialise out of thin air. Indians have neither the build, nor the heart for fast bowling. Would any side pick two miserable spinners if they did? India should give up pretensions to fairness and build rank crumblers at home. That's the only way they can win against sides like SA with great fast bowlers. It's nice to dream, but if we couldn't produce one in 60 years, the odds are we won't get one in the next 60. Delighted that we were the top dogs for a month or two. Now it's time to hand over to the big boys. Steyn+Morkel sounds kinda better than Harbhajan+Mishra, wouldn't you say? The most embarassed guy in Nagpur must be Ishant Sharma. Steyn has ripped off his veneer of potential greatness like nothing else could. But at least he has his IPL millions.

i believe what we are talking here is the ability to crank up the pace with or without control. ask our pacers to go all out and not worry about line and length(you don't have to tell them that) and they still will not be able to hit 90. ask steyn or any australian pacer to do it and they will be able to do it with ease. its part genetic and the rest is diet/training. express pacemen are more often than not well built and muscular (akhtar, lee, tait etc)