When will we have an express fast bowler?

Sehwag isnt good against fast short pitch stuff directed towards body..SRT isnt tht good too..he has been hit several times in his career on the helmet..laxman too isnt comfortable..only drvid plays short ball well enoug' date=' bt he does nt have to score on those in tests n Gavaskar, amarnath never played T20 cricket so they could leave those bouncers...[/quote'] :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Quit making a fool of yourself by saying crazy stuff like Tendulkar is not good against short pitch bowling. And you clearly have zero cricket knowledge when you spew garbage like Amarnath and Gavaskar used to leave bouncers. For starters, there was no restriction on the number of bouncers that could be bowled in an over when they played and an attack of Marshall, Holding, Garner, and Roberts could bowl bouncers all day long if they wanted.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Quit making a fool of yourself by saying crazy stuff like Tendulkar is not good against short pitch bowling. And you clearly have zero cricket knowledge when you spew garbage like Amarnath and Gavaskar used to leave bouncers. For starters, there was no restriction on the number of bouncers that could be bowled in an over when they played and an attack of Marshall, Holding, Garner, and Roberts could bowl bouncers all day long if they wanted.
I am not saying SRT is as bad as Raina or Yuvi or Yusuf, bt u cant say he is as gud as Gavaskar......and managing those required runs i dnt think would been possible even with SRT...and i dnt have any doubt on Gavaskar or amarnath's ability bt they did nt have to score at 9 runs per over...i m not talking about over all picture or ability in tests...i m talking about this particular game...so u need to understand the difference between situations of test match and T20 match..do u think dravid, laxman, amarnath, or gavskar would have chased this total down? if u think so thn u r right....
I am not saying SRT is as bad as Raina or Yuvi or Yusuf' date=' bt u cant say he is as gud as Gavaskar......and managing those required runs i dnt think would been possible even with SRT...and i dnt have any doubt on Gavaskar or amarnath's ability bt they did nt have to score at 9 runs per over...i m not talking about over all picture or ability in tests...i m talking about this particular game...so u need to understand the difference between situations of test match and T20 match..[/quote'] so what do you suggest our batsmen should do? :nervous:
I am not saying SRT is as bad as Raina or Yuvi or Yusuf' date=' bt u cant say he is as gud as Gavaskar......and managing those required runs i dnt think would been possible even with SRT...and i dnt have any doubt on Gavaskar or amarnath's ability bt they did nt have to score at 9 runs per over...i m not talking about over all picture or ability in tests...i m talking about this particular game...so u need to understand the difference between situations of test match and T20 match..[/quote'] Whatever! If you want me to believe that Tendulkar, Gavaskar, and Amarnath would not have been able to score against the pace barrage of Sammy and Bravo, then sure I believe it.
Whatever! If you want me to believe that Tendulkar' date=' Gavaskar, and Amarnath would not have been able to score against the pace barrage of Sammy and Bravo, then sure I believe it.[/quote'] i was talking about India vs Australia match..after that game it all was mental thing...not technical...
Sehwag isnt good against fast short pitch stuff directed towards body..SRT isnt tht good too..he has been hit several times in his career on the helmet..laxman too isnt comfortable..only drvid plays short ball well enoug, bt he does nt have to score on those in tests n Gavaskar, amarnath never played T20 cricket so they could leave those bouncers..... the fact is whn u have 9 runs per over to chase and bowlers bowl bouncers at 145-150 kmph...any team will find it difficult to face and challenge that bowling attack forget about winning whether it is SA or England or NZ....
I am not saying SRT is as bad as Raina or Yuvi or Yusuf' date= bt u cant say he is as gud as Gavaskar......and managing those required runs i dnt think would been possible even with SRT...and i dnt have any doubt on Gavaskar or amarnath's ability bt they did nt have to score at 9 runs per over...i m not talking about over all picture or ability in tests...i m talking about this particular game...so u need to understand the difference between situations of test match and T20 match..do u think dravid, laxman, amarnath, or gavskar would have chased this total down? if u think so thn u r right....
What is happening to ICF? :((
so what do you suggest our batsmen should do? :nervous:
batsman cant change their techniques overnight....its a long process without which lot of indian batsman will be like that...its BCCI who need think...its not our cricketers defeat...its BCCI who actually won the richest cricket board contest bt lost on field cricket contest...
i was talking about India vs Australia match..after that game it all was mental thing...not technical...
Gavaskar has a faster than run a ball century against Marshall, Holding, and Daniel. Tendulkar has scored a century on a lightening fast Perth against McDermott, Reid, and Hughes. Amarnath is acknowledged as one of the best exponents of the pull and hook shot and scored two blistering half centuries on this very Barbados wicket. Kapil Dev has several faster than run a ball 50+ scores against Marshall, Holding, Garner, Roberts, Botham, and Willis. And you expect me to believe that they would not have been able to adapt their game against Tait and Nannes, forget about Sammy and Bravo if that was a mental thing. Even if it was a mental thing, do you expect any of these players to have been shot mentally to fail against anything pitched short? Common theme amongst them - they all played on the same domestic pattas as our current line of batsmen against even bigger trundlers than today.
Whatever! If you want me to believe that Tendulkar' date=' Gavaskar, and Amarnath would not have been able to score against the pace barrage of Sammy and Bravo, then sure I believe it.[/quote'] what he is saying is that if you have to score at nine runs an over, and if the opposition bowlers are going to bowl bouncers, we should not expect our team to win :idea:
Gavaskar has a faster than run a ball century against Marshall, Holding, and Daniel. Tendulkar has scored a century on a lightening fast Perth against McDermott, Reid, and Hughes. Amarnath is acknowledged as one of the best exponents of the pull and hook shot and scored two blistering half centuries on this very Barbados wicket. Kapil Dev has several faster than run a ball 50+ scores against Marshall, Holding, Garner, Roberts, Botham, and Willis. And you expect me to believe that they would not have been able to adapt their game against Tait and Nannes, forget about Sammy and Bravo if that was a mental thing. Even if it was a mental thing, do you expect any of these players to have been shot mentally to fail against anything pitched short? Common theme amongst them - they all played on the same domestic pattas as our current line of batsmen against even bigger trundlers than today.
tht SRT century was in Test with no run rate pressure...and i feel embarssaed whn u compare these batsmen to Gavaskar or amarnath..they were in their own league facing fast bowling...i dnt see a better batsman thn SMG against fast bowling in Asia....bt run a ball wasnt enough...if it was the case India would have won a run a ball chase....vaise to Suresh raina also blasted a century against Steyn, Morkal, Kallis n u dnt knw wt pace those bowlers used to bowl...the fast bowling competition did shw that whn holding bowled only 141, thomson was fastest at 147 and u will say tht technology was not gud...bt i dnt buy into this theory of those bowlers were faster than the bowlers from today likes of Nannes, Tait, Steyn, AKhtar, Brett lee, Johnson etc.

^ Forget, Tendulkar, Amarnath, Gavaskar, and Kapil in the same match Rohit showed how he is a different class from the others and scored at 10 RPO. He also faced the same Nannes, Tait, and Johnson on the same pitch. Did you notice any difference in his technique and what the likes of Raina, Yuvraj, and Vijay were doing? He has also grown up in the same domestic set up.

tht SRT century was in Test with no run rate pressure...and i feel embarssaed whn u compare these batsmen to Gavaskar or amarnath..they were in their own league facing fast bowling...i dnt see a better batsman thn SMG against fast bowling in Asia....bt run a ball wasnt enough...if it was the case India would have won a run a ball chase....vaise to Suresh raina also blasted a century against Steyn' date=' Morkal, Kallis n u dnt knw wt pace those bowlers used to bowl...the fast bowling competition did shw that whn holding bowled only 141, thomson was fastest at 147 and u will say tht technology was not gud...bt i dnt buy into this theory of those bowlers were faster than the bowlers from today likes of Nannes, Tait, Steyn, AKhtar, Brett lee, Johnson etc.[/quote'] Lol watch this 155 of 180 balls [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE4LKNdpNRU]YouTube- Sachin Tendulkar Smashes 155 v South Africa, Bloemfoentein[/ame] 169 [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_JxA2eYlQA]YouTube- Sachin Tendulkar 169 vs South Africa At Cape Town[/ame] Why are you making dumb statements?
^ Forget' date=' Tendulkar, Amarnath, Gavaskar, and Kapil in the same match Rohit showed how he is a different class from the others and scored at 10 RPO. He also faced the same Nannes, Tait, and Johnson on the same pitch. Did you notice any difference in his technique and what the likes of Raina and Vijay were doing? He has also grown up in the same domestic set up.[/quote'] it was nt new ball and to start with he was looking like doing suicide...Gavaskar himself said this in his article that after lot of attempt of getting out, rohit sharma got setteled..ball got older Nannes and tait were not bowling and it was coming better onto the bat...its the first 5 overs which matter....i blame batsman for it..coz they played like pakistani batsman jst hit every possible ball hard..with no strategy..they had to survive for first 5 overs without loosing wicket and playing unnecessary shots take single on good deliveries or left thm and hit boundary whn a bad one comes.....but they came n jst wanted to hit every ball out of the stadium at tht pace....it was jst looking foolish
Lol watch this 155 of 180 balls YouTube- Sachin Tendulkar Smashes 155 v South Africa, Bloemfoentein 169
Why are you making dumb statements?
abe fool those were test matches not T20....yun to yuraaj had smashed pakistani bowling on green tracks whn he scored 100s against thm and other Indian batsmen including SRT fell in a heap..forgot wt umar gul did to us a few years ago only yuvi survived thn dnt give instances..u need to remember those instances too whn ur fav. batsman hit on the helmet at so many occassions..dnt talk about Gavaskar..he is my fav.
it was nt new ball and to start with he was looking like doing suicide...Gavaskar himself said this in his article that after lot of attempt of getting out' date=' rohit sharma got setteled..ball got older Nannes and tait were not bowling and it was coming better onto the bat...its the first 5 overs which matter....i blame batsman for it..coz they played like pakistani batsman jst hit every possible ball hard..with no strategy..they had to survive for first 5 overs without loosing wicket and playing unnecessary shots take single on good deliveries or left thm and hit boundary whn a bad one comes.....but they came n jst wanted to hit every ball out of the stadium at tht pace....it was jst looking foolish[/quote'] What are you trying to say anyway? Your initial point was that India cannot produce good players of the bouncer and short pitch bowling because of our domestic set up. I gave you several counter examples. Then you said no batsman would have been able to play that kind of bowling anyways, so why were you singling out the Indian domestic set up? Fact is India has produced several excellent players of the short ball against some of the most hostile bowling attacks and conditions cricket has seen. Then you diverted into that it was in test matches and they would not have been able to score in T20. I then gave you an example of a batsman who scored at 11 RPO in the very same match. Now you are saying he scored after the ball got old! He came into bat in the third over of the innings! Also you are saying that the other batsmen were dumb that they did not wait it out! Well, duh! That's the ABC of batting. When the bowling is really tough you wait it out. Not only were the rest of the batsmen dumb, they don't have the technique to wait it out. We saw yesterday what happened to Vijay and Gambhir when they tried to wait it out. Raina and Yuvraj were looking equally clueless in trying to wait it out. This wasn't even against Tait and Nannes.
abe fool those were test matches not T20....yun to yuraaj had smashed pakistani bowling on green tracks whn he scored 100s against thm and other Indian batsmen including SRT fell in a heap..forgot wt umar gul did to us a few years ago only yuvi survived thn dnt give instances..u need to remember those instances too whn ur fav. batsman hit on the helmet at so many occassions..dnt talk about Gavaskar..he is my fav.
Your logic is absurd. If batsmen are comfortable playing the hook and pull shot in test matches, they would be comfortable playing the shots in any format of the game. They might not play the shots as often in tests for obvious reasons, but that does not mean they would appear like the clueless clowns our batsmen did over the last two matches.
What are you trying to say anyway? Your initial point was that India cannot produce good players of the bouncer and short pitch bowling because of our domestic set up. I gave you several counter examples. Then you said no batsman would have been able to play that kind of bowling anyways, so why were you singling out the Indian domestic set up? Fact is India has produced several excellent players of the short ball against some of the most hostile bowling attacks and conditions cricket has seen. Then you diverted into that it was in test matches and they would not have been able to score in T20. I then gave you an example of a batsman who scored at 11 RPO in the very same match. Now you are saying he scored after the ball got old! He came into bat in the third over of the innings! Also you are saying that the other batsmen were dumb that they did not wait it out! Well, duh! That's the ABC of batting. When the bowling is really tough you wait it out. Not only were the rest of the batsmen dumb, they don't have the technique to wait it out. We saw yesterday what happened to Vijay and Gambhir when they tried to wait it out. Raina and Yuvraj were looking equally clueless in trying to wait it out. This wasn't even against Tait and Nannes.
Indian batsman are bad bt others will also be uncomfortable if not that bad.....n its our fortune tht we have produced so many great batsman over the years in spite of the lack of many things like fast bowlers in domestic and the kind of infrastructure we have n in those great batsman many were uncomfortable against short pitch bowling..bt they wre able to handle that coz short pitch bowling alone wnt get u out coz in tests u do not need to score on every of those deliveries..u can leave..u can play dot balls...bt not in T20s..i am talking about all teh criticism done on indian batsman after they couldnt score at 9 RPO in a T20 game against a hostile spell of bowling on a good pacy n bouncy surface....i remember the T20 game whr David Warner debuted he destroyed SA bowling and took Ozzs to above 180 total like this game and thn while bowling Tait, HIlfy, and Johnson destroyed them.Tait hitting ABDV and Kallis, got the wicket of ABDV and SA were no where near to chase that total...thats why i defended Indian batsmen after they lost tht game