When will we have an express fast bowler?

abe fool those were test matches not T20....yun to yuraaj had smashed pakistani bowling on green tracks whn he scored 100s against thm and other Indian batsmen including SRT fell in a heap..forgot wt umar gul did to us a few years ago only yuvi survived thn dnt give instances..u need to remember those instances too whn ur fav. batsman hit on the helmet at so many occassions..dnt talk about Gavaskar..he is my fav.
there is already a thread about the myth about gavaskar's performance against fast bowling... :cantstop:
Your logic is absurd. If batsmen are comfortable playing the hook and pull shot in test matches' date=' they would be comfortable playing the shots in any format of the game. They might not play the shots as often in tests for obvious reasons, but that does not mean they would appear like the clueless clowns our batsmen did over the last two matches.[/quote'] bt why r u forgetting those instances whn SRT couldn't play pull or hook well, got hit on body and helmet and look at the pace of the bowlers too....
And which player hasn't been hit on body and helmet.?
Next we will hear that any one time Sachin played and missed while going for a cover drive, means he can't play fuller length deliveries either :cantstop: sheesh, give up this absurdity of trying to question SRT's game just to defend these FTBs like Raina and Yuvi, rkt.india!
Next we will hear that any one time Sachin played and missed while going for a cover drive' date=' means he can't play fuller length deliveries either :cantstop: sheesh, give up this absurdity of trying to question SRT's game just to defend these FTBs like Raina and Yuvi, rkt.india![/quote'] i m nt blaming SRT coz he is the greatest nor defending Raina or Yuvi coz non one is perfect...bt u shw instances whn SRT played Ozzs against SA while SA one Test series, bt in T20 they couldnt face the fire of Tait and johnson's pace..
Indian batsman are bad bt others will also be uncomfortable if not that bad.....n its our fortune tht we have produced so many great batsman over the years in spite of the lack of many things like fast bowlers in domestic and the kind of infrastructure
No we are not fortunate to have produced these batsmen. Each and every batsman I have listed above put in extra hard work to hone and perfect their skills against short pitch bowling. Amarnath, in particular, was very weak against short pitch bowling at the start of his career and went on to become one of the best players of the hook and pull shot.
we have n in those great batsman many were uncomfortable against short pitch bowling..bt they wre able to handle that coz short pitch bowling alone wnt get u out coz in tests u do not need to score on every of those deliveries..u can leave..u can play dot balls...bt not in T20s..
I am not giving you examples of Ganguly and Vengsarkar who would try to evade the short balls and score of the rest. I am giving you examples of players who were superb exponents of the hook and pull shot. If they could play the shots in tests, it's obvious they would be able to do so in T20.
i am talking about all teh criticism done on indian batsman after they couldnt score at 9 RPO in a T20 game against a hostile spell of bowling on a good pacy n bouncy surface....i remember the T20 game whr David Warner debuted he destroyed SA bowling and took Ozzs to above 180 total like this game and thn while bowling Tait, HIlfy, and Johnson destroyed them.Tait hitting ABDV and Kallis, got the wicket of ABDV and SA were no where near to chase that total...thats why i defended Indian batsmen after they lost tht game
In the very same game, Rohit scored at 11 RPO! If there was another half Rohit in the side we would have won the game. The manner in which Gambhir, Raina, Vijay, Pathan, and Yuvraj were playing the short ball was there for all to see. Neither were they comfortable evading the short ball, nor were they in any position to play the hook or pull shot. On the same balls, the players I have named above would have comfortably played the hook and pull. In Sehwag's case he would have swayed out of the way and played the upper cut. Scoring against short pitch bowling is not impossible and it has been demonstrated many many times in the history of cricket. Fact is our current crop of batsmen suck playing the hook and pull shot and it has little to do with their upbringing in the Indian domestic circuit, for there are many other Indian batsmen who have been good at it by putting in extra work and strategy. The likes of Yuvraj and Raina have been around for years and years now. When are they going to learn?
i m nt blaming SRT coz he is the greatest nor defending Raina or Yuvi coz non one is perfect...bt u shw instances whn SRT played Ozzs against SA while SA one Test series' date=' bt in T20 they couldnt face the fire of Tait and johnson's pace..[/quote'] Please what have you written explain me?
bt why r u forgetting those instances whn SRT couldn't play pull or hook well' date=' got hit on body and helmet and look at the pace of the bowlers too....[/quote'] LOL! So he got hit on the body or helmet on a handful of occasions in a 20 year career. I don't think Raina has ever been hit, so the conclusion is Raina is a better player of hook and pull than Tendulkar. :hysterical:
Please what have you written explain me?
i said i wasnt blaming SRT to defend these batsmen nor defending Raina or UV for their shortcomings....i jst wanted to shw the difference between T20 and Test matches as i gave the exmple of SA vs Australia test series in Australia where SA won the test series...bt in T20 they could not win coz they could nt score enough runs at good run rate against Tait, Johnson etc.....
Quote by rkt.india View Post Indian batsman are bad bt others will also be uncomfortable if not that bad.....n its our fortune tht we have produced so many great batsman over the years in spite of the lack of many things like fast bowlers in domestic and the kind of infrastructure No we are not fortunate to have produced these batsmen. Each and every batsman I have listed above put in extra hard work to hone and perfect their skills against short pitch bowling. Amarnath, in particular, was very weak against short pitch bowling at the start of his career and went on to become one of the best players of the hook and pull shot. Quote we have n in those great batsman many were uncomfortable against short pitch bowling..bt they wre able to handle that coz short pitch bowling alone wnt get u out coz in tests u do not need to score on every of those deliveries..u can leave..u can play dot balls...bt not in T20s.. I am not giving you examples of Ganguly and Vengsarkar who would try to evade the short balls and score of the rest. I am giving you examples of players who were superb exponents of the hook and pull shot. If they could play the shots in tests, it's obvious they would be able to do so in T20. Quote i am talking about all teh criticism done on indian batsman after they couldnt score at 9 RPO in a T20 game against a hostile spell of bowling on a good pacy n bouncy surface....i remember the T20 game whr David Warner debuted he destroyed SA bowling and took Ozzs to above 180 total like this game and thn while bowling Tait, HIlfy, and Johnson destroyed them.Tait hitting ABDV and Kallis, got the wicket of ABDV and SA were no where near to chase that total...thats why i defended Indian batsmen after they lost tht game In the very same game, Rohit scored at 11 RPO! If there was another half Rohit in the side we would have won the game. The manner in which Gambhir, Raina, Vijay, Pathan, and Yuvraj were playing the short ball was there for all to see. Neither were they comfortable evading the short ball, nor were they in any position to play the hook or pull shot. On the same balls, the players I have named above would have comfortably played the hook and pull. In Sehwag's case he would have swayed out of the way and played the upper cut. Scoring against short pitch bowling is not impossible and it has been demonstrated many many times in the history of cricket. Fact is our current crop of batsmen suck playing the hook and pull shot and it has little to do with their upbringing in the Indian domestic circuit, for there are many other Indian batsmen who have been good at it by putting in extra work and strategy. The likes of Yuvraj and Raina have been around for years and years now. When are they going to learn?
they were nt looking duck coz T20 is not the game to duck...n Vijay has shown in tests tht he can evade that short stuff against wtever he has played while opening the innings. Rohit Sharma played whn Tait and Nannes were jst about finished and ball got older and i have posted wt Sunil Gavaskar thought of his innings in an article I read in newspaper..
they were nt looking duck coz T20 is not the game to duck...n Vijay has shown in tests tht he can evade that short stuff against wtever he has played while opening the innings.
Vijay also failed against Steyn and Morkel in tests and we'll see how he handles test cricket. He'll get many chances over the next few years.
Rohit Sharma played whn Tait and Nannes were jst about finished and ball got older and i have posted wt Sunil Gavaskar thought of his innings in an article I read in newspaper..
Rohit came in the third over. There were many other batsmen who got out while Rohit was batting. Why couldn't they get out of single digits?

brother if every batsman was hit on the head..thn whn there was no helmet many would have died on the pitch...n he was hit while playing shot, not evading....n i too said tht every batsman will feel it tough to face bouncer at 150 ks....thn why u blame these Indian batsman tht they dint play short stuff well...likes of Ponting has had problems