Dhoni is quite clearly playing to boost his average

Guest Hiten.

It did matter' date=' it showed that post-Dravid our team has got a spine and it goes by the name MSD.[/quote'] dont wanna start another MSD debate but i dont think it was as gr8 an innings as some guys are saying.it looks good coz of RP's support.it was a pretty good track to bat on n survival wasn't too difficult if u played for it(others didn't play for survival).Also Windies helped us in delaying Bravo n Taylor's final 2 overs,so he had easier bowlers to deal with for the most part.Dhoni also had a couple of let-offs. not taking anything away from him,it was a very good innings.but Dravid did it in much tougher conditions n invariably took India to a fighting total.
dont wanna start another MSD debate but i dont think it was as gr8 an innings as some guys are saying.it looks good coz of RP's support.it was a pretty good track to bat on n survival wasn't too difficult if u played for it(others didn't play for survival).Also Windies helped us in delaying Bravo n Taylor's final 2 overs,so he had easier bowlers to deal with for the most part.Dhoni also had a couple of let-offs. not taking anything away from him,it was a very good innings.but Dravid did it in much tougher conditions n invariably took India to a fighting total.
There is no comparison between Dravid and Dhoni (and please don't even talk about a comparison otherwise FL will soon takeover the thread). But that does not lessen Dhoni's efforts. That was a face saving innings if not a match winning one.
dont wanna start another MSD debate but i dont think it was as gr8 an innings as some guys are saying.it looks good coz of RP's support.it was a pretty good track to bat on n survival wasn't too difficult if u played for it(others didn't play for survival).Also Windies helped us in delaying Bravo n Taylor's final 2 overs,so he had easier bowlers to deal with for the most part.Dhoni also had a couple of let-offs. not taking anything away from him,it was a very good innings.but Dravid did it in much tougher conditions n invariably took India to a fighting total.
Even if Dravid was there the results would have been the same coz none of our batsmen (other than Mahi & RP) had the patience to build a partnership...
Obviously, at 82/8 we can't expect a run-a-ball 100, he did what he could to dig his team out of a hole, a gritty captain's knock, kudos to him.
There is no comparison between Dravid and Dhoni (and please don't even talk about a comparison otherwise FL will soon takeover the thread). But that does not lessen Dhoni's efforts. That was a face saving innings if not a match winning one.
I agree.it was a face saving innings n therefore a good innings.i see no reason to call it any better
Obviously' date=' at 82/8 we can't expect a run-a-ball 100, he did what he could to dig his team out of a hole, a gritty captain's knock, kudos to him.[/quote'] it was a gritty knock.but what i was saying that it wasnt an innings where all odds were aginst him like Dravid on many occasions.
it was a gritty knock.but what i was saying that it wasnt an innings where all odds were aginst him like Dravid on many occasions.
There is no comparision between RD and MSD. But the role which MSD has set himself to do in this ODI Team is very similar to what RD did coming at No.5.
it was a gritty knock.but what i was saying that it wasnt an innings where all odds were aginst him like Dravid on many occasions.
Because you were quite confident that from 82/8 we would add more than a 100 runs for the 9th wicket right? And bringing up Dravid in this conversation is incorrect.