Dhoni n Yuvi top 2 in ICC ODI rankings

Lord

1. Yuvraj deserves it, i hate some of the stuff he does as a person but as a batsman he's currently the best batsman in world cricket ( at least in limited overs ). Shouldn't be too long before he claims the #1 spot from Dhoni me thinks. 2. Dhoni is wildly overrated, his average has been inflated by coming down the order and getting 1s/2s instead of looking for big hits and remaining NO. I have never seen him get runs in difficult conditions, just compare his Test avg to his ODI. In my books Dhoni has a long way to go before he becomes India's best batsman, let alone the World's. Here's how i would rate India's best ODI batamen 1. Yuvraj Singh 2. Sachin Tendlukar 3. Gautam Gambhir ( He's out of form, but he's very good generally ) 4. Virendar Sehwag 5. Mahendra Dhoni Here's how i would rate the world's top 10 ODI batsmen 1. Yuvraj Singh 2. Kevin Pietersen 3. Sachin Tendlukar 4. AB Devillers 5. Chris Gayle 6. T. Dilshan 7. M. Hussey 8. K. Sangakara 9. JP Duminy 10. H. Gibbs

1. Yuvraj deserves it, i hate some of the stuff he does as a person but as a batsman he's currently the best batsman in world cricket ( at least in limited overs ). Shouldn't be too long before he claims the #1 spot from Dhoni me thinks. 2. Dhoni is wildly overrated, his average has been inflated by coming down the order and getting 1s/2s instead of looking for big hits and remaining NO. I have never seen him get runs in difficult conditions, just compare his Test avg to his ODI. In my books Dhoni has a long way to go before he becomes India's best batsman, let alone the World's. Here's how i would rate India's best ODI batamen 1. Yuvraj Singh 2. Sachin Tendlukar 3. Gautam Gambhir ( He's out of form, but he's very good generally ) 4. Virendar Sehwag 5. Mahendra Dhoni Here's how i would rate the world's top 10 ODI batsmen 1. Yuvraj Singh 2. Kevin Pietersen 3. Sachin Tendlukar 4. AB Devillers 5. Chris Gayle 6. T. Dilshan 7. M. Hussey 8. K. Sangakara 9. JP Duminy 10. H. Gibbs
Dhoni can match Yuvi's big hitting, althogh it may not look pleasing to eyes. Because of too many stroke players in the side, he chose to ne an anchor. Just remove him from the burden of captaincy, you will see the innings like 183,148 etc.. And your theory about Dhoni not scoring in tough conditions is completely wrong. If you check his last few series including that CB series in Australia, they were almost all away series and he scored well in almost all of them. He may not be a technically correct batsman, but still he is the most effective ODI batsman in the world atm and his consistency as a batsman has translated into the team's consistency in winning six consecutive bilateral ODI series. That said, Yuvi is getting consistent these days, which is a good sign for the team in the absence of likes of Tendulkar and Sehwag.
And your theory about Dhoni not scoring in tough conditions is completely wrong.
His average and SR in Aus, SA, Eng says otherwise.
^^ he cares if he gets 1's and 2's, he still has a career SR of nearly 91. While Yuvi has a SR of 89. Now do you see how effective he is?
In the last two years Yuvraj at 4/5 has a strike rate of over 100, while dhoni coming at 6 has a strike rate of under 90. But maybe i am being too harsh on Dhoni, but still in my books Yuvraj has been a better batsman in the last 12 months or so.
Guest Shivani
No World Champion Team Batsman in the Top 10 :dontknow:
Sorry Shane quoted your post by mistake
ofcourse yuvi is better than dhoni. dhoni is nowhere near the top 5-6 even.
Achaaaw ? who according to you is in top 5 or 6 ?
His average and SR in Aus, SA, Eng says otherwise.
In Australia:
in Australia  	2008-2008  	10  	9  	4  	347  	88*  	69.40  	469  	73.98  	0  	2  	0  	19  	2
BTW, that 69.40 - thats the average. :itsme:
in South Africa  	2006-2006  	4  	4  	0  	139  	55  	34.75  	145  	95.86  	0  	1  	0  	12  	7
34.75 average in 4 matches when India lost 4-0 there. I don't know how that says anything "otherwise". England has been his only "failure" with 7 matches and an average of 25. Lets take a look at his average in the almighty world of Pakistan, which generates more fast bowlers than the rest of the world combined:
in Pakistan  	2006-2008  	11  	9  	5  	546  	109*  	136.50  	518  	105.40  	1  	5  	0  	49  	13

An average of merely 136.50.

In the last two years Yuvraj at 4/5 has a strike rate of over 100, while dhoni coming at 6 has a strike rate of under 90. But maybe i am being too harsh on Dhoni, but still in my books Yuvraj has been a better batsman in the last 12 months or so.
And, hey! its nothing new for your books to have the wrong facts now , is it?
^^ Pardon me' date=' i meant his average [b']against not in. Aus 36.8 ( SR 74 ) SA 24.5 ( SR 82 ) Eng 33.4 ( SR 77 ) Because i believe these have been the best pace bowling sides in the last 5 years.
But how does that stat strengthen your arguement about MSD's alleged lack of Technique against the Genuine quicks, unless of course you are hinting we (India) have pitches conducive for quick bowling, better than Oz/SA.
309' date=' 254, 201,173 .. you want more evidence? Averaging 91 at a strike rate of 80 against your paast bowlers.[/quote'] Numbers dont make sense to -- thick skulls! Pakis still get orgasms about Asif bowling a single great ball way back in 2006. Never mind what Sehwag has done to them. They still get orgasms about how Shoaib bowled two great balls in Calcutta in 1999, never mind what Sachin has done to him since then and also the fact that Shoaibs overall performance against India has been quite poor.
you only use that word on the forums because u get brave behind the computer' date=' like to see u be so clever face to face.. keyboard warrior :hysterical:[/quote'] wats so offensive of what i wrote?wat is pissing u off?maybe u r still sulking in Pak's loss today
But how does that stat strengthen your arguement about MSD's alleged lack of Technique against the Genuine quicks, unless of course you are hinting we (India) have pitches conducive for quick bowling, better than Oz/SA.
World over pitches have become Flat tracks, gone are the days of green decks in WI, wet pitches in NZ, lot of pace/bounce in SA/Aus, Seam/Swing in Eng. Nowadays the main criteria of a good bowling side is one that can get wickets on unhelpful tracks. But i am being somewhat dishonest here, i haven't seen most of his matches against these sides. To be honest i am really basing my opinion on the series in SL where i saw Dhoni struggling to lift up the run rate during the end part of matches, he just couldn't go over run-a-ball even when the RR was high or they had few overs left with a number of wickets in hand. I remember a match where Yuvraj got a hundred, pathan was wacking it to all parts and dhoni only managed one boundary in 40/50 balls. In my opinions a great ODI batsman these days is who can go over a SR of 100.00 without any effort. I don't think making 1s/2s in helpful batting conditions is all that hard of a job, if a batsman is coming at No#1 he should have the ability to whack 50 off 30 balls when required not just remain NO or leave it up to other people.