One of the great attritional innings has just come to an end

People talk of the great patient batting marathons from batsmen like Dravid, Boycott, Gavaskar and Border. And here, we regularly criticize certain Pakistani players who show a certain aversion to occupying the crease. So when a new Pakistani face does show up and play a memorable defensive innings that I'm sure we'll talk about for some time here, I think this deserves its due. This isn't on the level of Abdul Razzaq's legendary 4 off 76, an innings some of us on ICF still remember with a grin (and a yawn, if we watched any of it), but well done Abdur Rauf. Well done for occupying the crease for a whole 34 balls... and not scoring a single run. :laugh:

People talk of the great patient batting marathons from batsmen like Dravid, Boycott, Gavaskar and Border. And here, we regularly criticize certain Pakistani players who show a certain aversion to occupying the crease. So when a new Pakistani face does show up and play a memorable defensive innings that I'm sure we'll talk about for some time here, I think this deserves its due. This isn't on the level of Abdul Razzaq's legendary 4 off 76, an innings some of us on ICF still remember with a grin (and a yawn, if we watched any of it), but well done Abdur Rauf. Well done for occupying the crease for a whole 34 balls... and not scoring a single run. :laugh:
Useless topic Should have seen Dravid innings where he wasted lots of deliveries to get from 19 runs to 20 runs if I remember right
Guest Hiten.
It was a great effort' date=' and its good that Anderson and Panesar stuck to the crease to not let his efforts go in vain.[/quote'] Abe sirji bina sir ke baat na karo. Check the opening posts' time stamp. Thaleel was referring to Rauf's colossus struggle on the pitch. :crazy4: