I?ve the runs and experience: Dada

DesiChap

http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1067139 Recalled to the side after nearly a year, Sourav Ganguly said his experience of playing on fast tracks would help him come good in South Africa. Ganguly?s comments were made at a press conference at Kolkata?s Eden Gardens after a practice session involving the Bengal team. What are your thoughts on your comeback, given that you are joining a team that is battling with difficult conditions? I am happy to be back. My job is to do well. I have been playing well for 10 years and have a lot of runs behind me and experience of playing on bouncy pitches in South Africa. I have done very well in Australia, where there is a lot of bounce, and I have played with the same group of players earlier. I hope I can continue in the same way. Why do you think the board called you with this opportunity? The board did not call me. I heard about the selection from the media. I bring a lot of runs and years of experience. I guess that has gone in my favour. Do you see your return as a challenge to prove your critics wrong, perhaps by opening the innings? Every series is a challenge, whether it is your first Test or not. As for the batting order, don?t ask me questions based on ifs and buts. I am not even in South Africa yet. And it is not my job to decide such things. What do you think of the Indian team?s prospects in the Test series? We have players who have been successful on bouncy pitches in Australia. As the tour continues, the youngsters will get used to the tracks. We have won in Australia and South Africa, and I don?t see why we can?t do it again. As a former skipper, will you offer advice to Rahul Dravid? What do you think of Laxman?s appointment as vice-captain? I?ll have to go and see [about offering advice]. As far as Laxman is concerned, it?s good to know that he is the vice-captain. I wish him all the best. Will it now be easier for you to make it to the World Cup side? I will just take one series at a time.
Guest dada_rocks

Re: I?ve the runs and experience: Dada

And you also have exceptional bootlicking skills. I am really disgusted with the selection as it is and then this guy comes out with statements implying he deserves to be in the team ahead of Rao and Badrinath. Just STFU and try to get some runs now that you are in. :mad: :mad:
hain ? What did you want the Guy to say .... I sukk at batting and there are folks better than me ? :lol:
HAHAHA i still remember simialr sentiments flying from every quarter in 96.. I just say we will say talkng of badris and venus well they suck even in A team international tournaments. Domestic cricket bullies these folks are.
Guest dada_rocks

Arre' date=' atleast be a bit modest when you have been averaging 23 in FC cricket since being dropped.[/quote'] theses carefully pciked numbers don;t mean much all it matetrs is that the guys is making centuries and is in form there is no questio about his class unlike badris and venus.. BTw whihc part was immodest. if meaning of this word has been changed recently then my apologies :wall:

hain ? What did you want the Guy to say .... I sukk at batting and there are folks better than me ? :lol:
He could have said plenty, for example:
Why do you think the board called you with this opportunity?
I have sent as many emails as i could. Am now on everyone's spammer's list. I threatened the board with spams thru private messaging. Finally Vengy gave in.
Do you see your return as a challenge to prove your critics wrong, perhaps by opening the innings?
Hopefully Laxman & Jaffer will perform poorer than me, so i dont have to worry too much about proving am not the worst.
What do you think of the Indian team?s prospects in the Test series?
Prospects, after they picked me ? U sure are joking right ?
As a former skipper, will you offer advice to Rahul Dravid? What do you think of Laxman?s appointment as vice-captain?
With Dravid i had no hopes, but am sure if Laxman becomes a captain, he will keep my tradition, alive :lol:
Will it now be easier for you to make it to the World Cup side?
Lot depends on how my email software works in the forthcoming months.
Guest dada_rocks

Chalo' date=' DR we'll see how many centuries he cracks in SA.[/quote'] Chalo dekhenge how he does once again don't make specific targets for him his perfrmance and for that matter anybody's mst be looked in backdrop of the rest of the players. We will see I have this trust in dada's ability.
Guest dada_rocks

I would stop giving interviews if I were Gangs and I know there is a gag order :hic:
When he used to do that he was termed arrogant.. it;s not like he invites scribes the guy is popular figure and gets trapped anywhere he goes by these newspersons..

his perfrmance and for that matter anybody's mst be looked in backdrop of the rest of the players
He will have to perform better than most to be considered a success because unlike Sehwag, Jaffer, Dravid, and to some extent even Laxman he is not going into the series with previous success.

Re: I?ve the runs and experience: Dada every interview of ganguly is the same.... summary: i am happy to jus play, i care only abt present, i have loads of runs and experience, i scored a 40 not long back(read 1 year), i dont have problems with anyone