West Indies, meet rock bottom

If equating your two wins in WC 07 with our world cup victory in 83 is Bangla logic, then God save your country dude :hehe: We beat WI, the holders of last 2 world cups TWICE during the same world cup. Following the cup, we won the World championship in 1985. And what did you do after those 2 flukes...you went ahead and lost next 29 ODIs against test playing nations. And you are again using the bangla logic when you say your top 3 batsmen were forced into exile.... Of those 7 who went to ICL, no more than 2-3 had any chance of playing in national team, and none of them were your TOP batsmen...your top shyte batsman is ashrafool and he sucks BIGTIME. Plz don't tell me that Habibul Basher was going to be your savior..he probably averaged less than 20 during the year before ICL happened... Your logic is ****ed up as our neighbors on the west...:eyedance:
I am not talking abt bashar, but Alok, Aftab and Nafees were automatic choice for the first team when the ICL saga happened. Secondly I am not saying the 1983 Inidan team was as good as the bangladeshi team, but I am suggesting that if you call our win flukes than your greatest achievement 1983WC win is nothing less than a fluke either. It is very unfortunate to see the reaction of you guys about bangladesh. Like it or not, in not so distant future we will be a force to reckon with...

Just want to clear up some misinformation which is being propagated by some who clearly hates anything to do with Bangladesh... Only 20 overs were played in the 1st day due to rain... there was some rain in the 2nd day also. So, the match was won effectively playing 4 days of test cricket. those who didnt follow the match might have thought it was close but bangladesh did what they were expected to do against a weaker west-indian side... winning it convincingly inside 4 days.

Just want to clear up some misinformation which is being propagated by some who clearly hates anything to do with Bangladesh... Only 20 overs were played in the 1st day due to rain... there was some rain in the 2nd day also. So' date=' the match was won effectively playing 4 days of test cricket. those who didnt follow the match might have thought it was close but bangladesh did what they were expected to do against a weaker west-indian side... winning it convincingly inside 4 days.[/quote'] Winning it convincingly? If I remember right, you had it all messed up at one stage. Nine of the players from the West Indies had zero years of experience. And yet, at one stage it looked like you were losing. That is unforgivable. I understand its your first overseas win and the second win for you ever. But it has come against a side that should not have been playing test cricket in the first place. You are just making merry over a misfortune that had befallen a team that was once known to be invincible.

I'd like to be optimistic about BD, but they simply don't have it. No skill, but more importantly, no temparament. They have been on top in quite a few Test matches, but always let it slip. Your side is seriously bad, Riasat, just like you are completely uncouth. You are only posting here because of our tolerance.

Secondly I am not saying the 1983 Inidan team was as good as the bangladeshi team' date=' but I am suggesting that if you call our win flukes than your greatest achievement 1983WC win is nothing less than a fluke either. [/quote'] I also am suggesting that if you think that, you know jack **** about cricket history. Actually, no, scratch that 'suggesting' bit. You DO know **** all about the game. The 1983 win was a fluke? What about the win over the West Indies in the preliminary league - was that a fluke? Or the 118 run thrashing Australia (with luminaries such as Border, Marsh, Hookes, Thomson and Lawson) copped? Or the comfortable beating of England in the semi despite an incredibly strong side tipped to make the finals with the likes of Botham, Gatting, Willis, Gower and Lamb in there? There's a significant difference between beating almost all major opposition through the course of a tournament and having one great win somewhere in the midst of a whole bunch of embarrassing losses, with such great moments as a WC 07 win against India being followed soon after by an ass kicking at the hands of Ireland. I suggest you behave yourself a bit here and try and endear yourself to Dhondy. He's a doctor, and might be able to refer you to a good surgeon in your area who'll surgically extricate your head from your ass.
Winning it convincingly? If I remember right, you had it all messed up at one stage. Nine of the players from the West Indies had zero years of experience. And yet, at one stage it looked like you were losing. That is unforgivable. I understand its your first overseas win and the second win for you ever. But it has come against a side that should not have been playing test cricket in the first place. You are just making merry over a misfortune that had befallen a team that was once known to be invincible.
Winning a test match by 95 runs playing 4 days of test match cricket is convincing enough for most level headed people. if you selectively take few sessions of a test match to make your point then you surely don't have much clue about test match cricket. Just to give you a clue how absurd your argument is, Bangladesh in its first test match (when the combined test match experience of all Bangladesh players were 0) scored 400 runs in their first innings against your beloved country. India still went on to win the match quite convincingly. I have no argument over the strength of WI team... i said it was a weak WI team and bdesh were expected to beat them convincingly and they did.
I also am suggesting that if you think that, you know jack **** about cricket history. Actually, no, scratch that 'suggesting' bit. You DO know **** all about the game. The 1983 win was a fluke? What about the win over the West Indies in the preliminary league - was that a fluke? Or the 118 run thrashing Australia (with luminaries such as Border, Marsh, Hookes, Thomson and Lawson) copped? Or the comfortable beating of England in the semi despite an incredibly strong side tipped to make the finals with the likes of Botham, Gatting, Willis, Gower and Lamb in there? There's a significant difference between beating almost all major opposition through the course of a tournament and having one great win somewhere in the midst of a whole bunch of embarrassing losses, with such great moments as a WC 07 win against India being followed soon after by an ass kicking at the hands of Ireland. I suggest you behave yourself a bit here and try and endear yourself to Dhondy. He's a doctor, and might be able to refer you to a good surgeon in your area who'll surgically extricate your head from your ass.
I did not actually want to venture into this dumb fluke win notion that illiterates carry about India's '83 WC victory, but since you were magnanimous enough to offer a ray of light to someone wandering drunk in the dark, I wanted to add on that the seeds of the WC win were actually planted 4 months back in an ODI in WI, where India put one across them. They lost the series 1-2 but the win and the manner of it was a huge and underrated step in India's ODI progress. Gavaskar and Kapil were the heroes of the win - Gavaskar making 90 and Kapil smashing the West Indian 4 prong for a 70 odd off 30 odd deliveries on the way to the highest score made against WI till date. This was of course the same series in which during the test matches Kapil scored two unforgettable better than a run a ball 90+ against the WI quicks, converting one of them in a century. There were some more uncanny similarities between this win and the one at Lords' a few months later - Madan Lal dismissed Viv Richards and Sandhu trapped Haynes leg before with an inswinger similar to the one he bowled Greenidge with in the finals. This was also WI first home defeat in an ODI fielding a non Packer depleted side.
Humm' date=' and how many of those in last 2 years ? 2 my friend....thats a decline my non-mathematically minded friend.... May your team suck more ass than your country does..alhamdillulah :two_thumbs_up:[/quote'] and how many in the last 8 games...2 my friend...thats a increase, my even more mathematically challenged dost. "durka durka, allahu akbar"
Secondly I am not saying the 1983 Inidan team was as good as the bangladeshi team, but I am suggesting that if you call our win flukes than your greatest achievement 1983WC win is nothing less than a fluke either.
You really need to learn three things 1. Meaning of fluke. 2. Match History of Indian team, leading to the 1983 world cup win. 3. YOUR team's match history leading to this win against second string, 9 debutant filled, makeshift WI team. then apply some logic, which you have shown utter lack of so far, before you even start talking.
It is very unfortunate to see the reaction of you guys about bangladesh. Like it or not, in not so distant future we will be a force to reckon with...
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Thanks for the laughter !!