West Indies, meet rock bottom

Guest Hiten.

Why should this win mean anything to Bangladesh ? I mean they are the 'first' test nation and are almost expected to beat a second string side which consists of 7 debutants. This win does not mean anything and does not give a clear view of where BD stand in the test arena. WI (...well the current side) have nothing to lose because most of these guys were almost in exile before getting a phone call to gather their kit belongings and playing BD on immediate notice. On the other hand, WI players (first choice players) and the board should be ashamed of allowing a second string side to face BD in test match due to their ego/greed clash. This win to BD, will be one of those wins in ODI's which they will deem to as turning point of their cricketing growth (remember Natwest vs Aus, WC vs Ind + RSA). But they won't be going anywhere once they face the real test gladiators (Remember Jason Gillespie :hello:).

Guest Hiten.
Its essentially a West Indies 'B' team. But, a test win IS a test win. It isnt B'desh fault that the front line Windies players didnt turn up.
No one will deny that but I think we should not look too much into this win when evaluating BD's stance in test league.

Thal, this seriers reminded me of that one, you know, where India visited them during the Packer era, and still got beaten by a side comprising Test rejects, semi retired, geriatric assortment of cricketers. Series result 3-2. Can you imagine how bad we were? How much trauma cricket fans must have lived through in those days?

Its essentially a West Indies 'B' team. But, a test win IS a test win. It isnt B'desh fault that the front line Windies players didnt turn up.
to be fair to BD, their B team did better than their official A team did. lets also not forget that one WI's bowling spearheads, fidel edwards, has very nearly the same bowling average as mortaza and shahadat. i don't think they have anyone with shakib's average either. not counting the newbies rubel and riyad. they will beat us in batting with sarwan, gayle, or chanders alone...and thats where the difference lies. but as for the other comment about not having bowlers who could dismiss them, we've dismissed gayle, chanders, sarwan, and King Lara en route to a draw in St Lucia, with a signficantly weaker bowling attack. i'd also be willing to imagine that at least one or two of our close calls against Pakistan, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand could have gone our way with correct umpiring decisions...although thats part of the game, it doesn't make it any more correct. but i must reiterate that i, and almost all BD fans, realize that this win is not against a full strength side, and we regret more than anyone else the missed chance to play against the best side the Windies could field.
I don't think we should attach too much blame to the team that had 9 debutants. They did their best to push till 5th day evening. Bangladesh can win only like this. No other way.
You know wat, Bangladesh never asked anyone to put in a second string side to play against them. Just for the record Bangladesh came really close to beating Australia, Pakistan and Newzealand in test in not so far in the past. Call us whatever u want, curse us however u like, but the fact is that we have beaten WI in a test match. While the record never talks about how close we came on to beat pakistan or Aussies it will also not call this a second string side that we beat. Also for the records 7 of our own national team players are currently facing a ban thanks to ICL. So who cares what u think
Even with this win, BD doesnt deserve its test status. Just look at the number of lost tests and amount of runs it losses by.
It only makes the case stronger that they are only qualified to play A teams, C teams. But WI deserves this for not giving importance to a Test match.
Thal, this seriers reminded me of that one, you know, where India visited them during the Packer era, and still got beaten by a side comprising Test rejects, semi retired, geriatric assortment of cricketers. Series result 3-2. Can you imagine how bad we were? How much trauma cricket fans must have lived through in those days?
The only bowler of some substance was Thommo although his pace had diminished some (still 90+). Bruce Yeardley, Kim Hughes, Alan Border, and Graham Yallop were a few that played test cricket even when the Packer players returned.

Honestly doesn't count for much this test match or the series. It sure counts a lot for Bangladeshi fans though, doesn't matter how or whom they played but they have won a test match. I hope the Bangladeshi fans and the players don't go over board already. They still have to play 2 more test matches. As for WI administrators and players, they have sold cricket already. I can't understand why the administrators can't pay the players on time? They will have no players on their roll call shortly if this trend continues. WI cricket is very important for world cricket and this is stupid on both administrator as well as players to let the series drift like this.

You know wat, Bangladesh never asked anyone to put in a second string side to play against them. Just for the record Bangladesh came really close to beating Australia, Pakistan and Newzealand in test in not so far in the past. Call us whatever u want, curse us however u like, but the fact is that we have beaten WI in a test match. While the record never talks about how close we came on to beat pakistan or Aussies it will also not call this a second string side that we beat. Also for the records 7 of our own national team players are currently facing a ban thanks to ICL. So who cares what u think
It does not matter. You're talking about 3 games you took close, that's in 10 years time or however long Bangladesh has been playing Test cricket.This was like West indies Z team, and you guys still had trouble beating them. They almost had a draw with 10 overs left! Yes it's good that Bangladesh won a test match, but don't give a lot of importance to this one. IMHO Ireland are more deserving at the moment of a test status. It will be interesting, Ireland vs Bangladesh test match.
to be fair to BD' date=' their B team did better than their official A team did. lets also not forget that one WI's bowling spearheads, fidel edwards, has very nearly the same bowling average as mortaza and shahadat. i don't think they have anyone with shakib's average either. not counting the newbies rubel and riyad.[/quote'] Comparing Fidel with Mortaza is jokes. This is what happens if you depend on the numbers, sometimes it tells you the REAL story but there are times it doesn't give you the real picture. If only his team-mates had held on to all those simplest of catches, his total wickets tally would be 50 plus now. To see fielders drop simple catches off a fast bowler who gives his heart out is far more painful than to see a top bowler miss out a match due to injury,even Simon Jones and Shane Bond would agree to that. For me, Fidel is THE unluckiest bowler of this decade.