You are the umpire - ICF game

The fielding captain asks the opening pair which one of them is facing. 'Who's bowling?' is the reply. The fielding captain refuses to say and the batsmen refuse to walk to an end until they know who is bowling. What do you do?
I would tell the team of the toss losing captain to decide first or forfeit the game
Situation #28 A batsman is running for a quick single, as he's approaching the crease, a fielder throws the ball which hits the bat out of the batsman's hand and the ball deflects onto the stumps; all the while the batsman is still outside his crease. What do you give?
He is out, becuase all the events occured naturally and without any purposeful intention of the fielding team.
Situation # 25 .. with a twist ...i.e this is a test match and the captain chooses to not take the new ball after 80 overs and the ball gets lost say after 100 overs ... what does the umpire do ?
The captain will have to take the new ball because the old ball got lost as there are no replacements for balls over 100 overs, if he doesnt i guess he forfeits the game.
Situation #27 The fielding captain asks the opening pair which one of them is facing. 'Who's bowling?' is the reply. The fielding captain refuses to say and the batsmen refuse to walk to an end until they know who is bowling. Who do you do?
i guess its the batsman responsibility to take strike first.if he refuses to take strike without being told whos the bowler,u declare him timed out
Situation #28 A batsman is running for a quick single, as he's approaching the crease, a fielder throws the ball which hits the bat out of the batsman's hand and the ball deflects onto the stumps; all the while the batsman is still outside his crease. What do you give?
not out.once the bat is out of the batsman hand,it is a foreign object n not part of the play.the ball is dead.
:fail: the captain is within laws to continue with a older ball ... used to happen all the time in the good old days of Indian cricket. So what the umpire does is takes the oldest ball available and scrubs away using a sand paper to get it to a state close to the previous ball ....
Ball tempering by an umpire.:omg:
:fail: the captain is within laws to continue with a older ball ... used to happen all the time in the good old days of Indian cricket. So what the umpire does is takes the oldest ball available and scrubs away using a sand paper to get it to a state close to the previous ball ....
:wall: I shoulda known that, I've seen an occasion where the umpire wasn't able to find a ball old enough so worked on a slightly newer one