Ganguly to lead Kolkata Knight Riders in IPL-3

VVS should not be playing either. In fact, he missed most of last season’s matches due to ‘injury’ and look where DC ended up. And there is a big difference between Dravid and Ganguly. Dravid was dropped not just for slow batting, but he was just horribly out of form. He was first dropped mid-way during the Ind-Aus ODI series in India in late 2007 (which we lost 2-4) because he couldn’t put bat to ball. He was having a run of low scores. And that could happen to anyone. But since his omission, our ODI performances have skyrocketed, which made his passage back into the team really hard. There’s no doubt that he’s still more than a handy ODI/T20 bat, but his age, our good run in ODIs and T20s made his exit from the team terminal. Ganguly, on the other hand, is an entirely different case. He was still scoring runs when was dropped. In fact, he was one of our most prolific scorers in the calendar year 2006-07 but was still dropped because even though he was scoring a handful of runs, his runs weren’t taking our team anywhere because they came at a pace that was too slow. In fact, in one of my earlier posts on ICF, I actually made a case for him to be dropped from the team (while he was still in it and scoring runs..) pointing out his sedate strike-rates, even in high-target chases. So, keeping in mind those things, you simply cannot compare Dravid and Ganguly and say ‘Well, Dravid was dropped too, but isn’t he scoring lots of runs in IPL?’
wth you talking about? some of the most memorable wins by KKR involves Ganguly scoring bulk of the runs and at a good rate... sometimes in t20 you need to slow things down too, you can't just go bang bang... he was dropped while scoring runs coz they were ready to force him to retire regardless of his performance... couldn't drop dada alone....hence dropped dravid too...but in reality they were just waiting to get rid of him...

Saurav has lost his touch, he's not what he used to be, his batting was pathetic in the last season, with him leading the team can't do any miracles as he has mainly banglas and pakistanis, I am quite sure he will probably average 15 or maybe less. But KKR is doomed to fail no matter whoever leads the team

Deja vu again. Led' date= Dropped, Led in his international career. Led, Dropped and going to lead in his IPL career. Round and round in circles we go :scooter:
Was he really dropped as captain and then came back to lead? I dont think so. He had an uninterrupted captaincy reign, where he dint captain a few games owing to injury. And once he was dropped and made a came back, he was never made captain again.... or am i missing something?