Vengsarkar bats for Tendulkar

Vengsarkar bats for Tendulkar April 14, 2007 13:54 IST The show-cause notice issued to Sachin Tendulkar by the Board of Control for Cricket in India was discussed at the managing committee meeting of the Mumbai Cricket Association on Friday evening with its vice president and national selection panel chief Dilip Vengsarkar supporting the master batsman's cause. "Vengsarkar was vociferous in his support of Tendulkar," said a managing committee member who attended the meeting. "The issue came up and I was asked about details of what happened at the board's Working Committee meeting. I was asked why I did not back Sachin and I told them that it was the unanimous decision of the board to seek an explanation from Tendulkar," MCA's joint secretary Lalchand Rajput told PTI. "I also told them that the board has only asked for an explanation and not sent a show cause to Sachin," the former Test opener and erstwhile teammate of Vengsarkar in the Mumbai and India squad said. Vengsarkar also wanted to send a letter to the board showing its dissent on the matter but the demand was rejected by others, it is learnt. Incidentally both MCA and BCCI are headed by Sharad Pawar, who did not chair the managing committee meeting, which was presided over by vice president Ravi Savant on Friday. Meanwhile, sources close to Tendulkar today said that the champion batsman will send his reply today to the explanation sought by the board on his tirade against former coach Greg Chappell in the media.

Re: Vengsarkar bats for Tendulkar Not surprising... After Raj thakeray's ....we marathi people support tendulkar followed by Narayan Rane's....i won't watch cricket if tendulkar is dropped..... Followed by lalchand rajput MCA's joint secretary getting some earfull for not supporting ..... This had to happen . Sachin tendulkar has secured his place in Indian cricket till the date mentioned in his contracts Who said ganguly is the only politician in the team.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Vengsarkar bats for Tendulkar so ine one thread ur heart bleeds for murthy because he is being pilloried by politicos and reason given is he has done more for the country than politicos put together and another thread ur heart bleeds why politicos are not roasing schin alive .. mind u once again same dictum of sachin has done more than all the clowns put together for india might be thrown. I wud give a guy who has kept his lips sealed for 17 years despite beign in thick of things benefit of doubt as opposed to pouncing on him like a hyena on very first opportunity one gets...

Re: Vengsarkar bats for Tendulkar

Yes' date='Lets not go there...everyone has a different version ...no?[/quote']As usual :hic: heres something i read somewhere
Throw out Tendulkar from the team. He is not letting the junior players perform, according to John Wright himself.
"I once heard a player say jokingly that it took newcomers at least three or four matches to feel at ease in the dressing room, because that was how long it took to stop observing Tendulkar's every move and start relating to him as a teammate.
Guest dada_rocks

Lips sealed for 17 yrs....what does that means...? I do remember a particular outburst when a certain someone was denied a 200 in the interest of the team.....
U need to take out that moth-eaten dictionary or betetr still m-w.com helps too...I see meaning of outburst is totally lost on you....
Guest dada_rocks

Yes' date='Lets not go there...everyone has a different version ...no?[/quote'] it's not about everyone it's about sachin and dravid do u see any of these two people involved in things using the term outburst aprpos that episode.. what is this let us not go there have not u bropached up the topic when being asked to corroborate ur claim suddenly let us not go there words comes to ur mind :lol:

Lips sealed for 17 yrs....what does that means...? I do remember a particular outburst when a certain someone was denied a 200 in the interest of the team.....
Excellent imagination and faith in the media, I'm sure the media people thank their lucky stars for people like you, otherwise they would be bankrupt by now.
Guest dada_rocks

Excellent imagination and faith in the media, I'm sure the media people thank their lucky stars for people like you, otherwise they would be bankrupt by now.
It's more of case if it suits ur seganda then believe otherwise not because I see she is not buying media line over murthy episode

Re: Vengsarkar bats for Tendulkar Dadarocks..My response "lets not go there" was in response to holysmoke ...not to you.I stopped trying to reason with you sometime back......bhains ke aage been bajane ka shauk khatam ho gaya aap se argue karke. Anakin...that comment was serious....i had resolved to not comment on the sachin issue as i felt i was hurting some good posters par kya karooon kabhi kabhi raha nahi jata....... :roll: