Emraan Hashmi can't get a house in Pali Hill

Guest gaurav_indian

Well i did once try to rent an apartment in India 'owned' by a Muslim' date=' didnt get it. Of course as a landlord here in the US I choose who I want in my apartments so its all kosher then.[/quote'] Thats a bad experience. I have had some as well from fellow vegetarian Hindus(in Mumbai) who did not want me to cook egg/fish/chicken etc etc etc. But of course would be wrong for me to say all Hindus feel the same way.

I think the conviction rate in such cases is negligible and without much repercussion anyway. Plus, in this case any number of reasons can be given by the society - his being a sleazy actor may work. But I dont understand the tamasha that Hashmi has done. Does a common man call a press conference while filing a case against someone?

I have no clue why people here are hating Hashmi...he is serial kisser on screen, but why do you keep transporting his on screen persona to real life..I don't even know if he ever got into any controversies apart from those kissing scenes. I mean he is way better than Salman Khan and company..right ?

But I dont understand the tamasha that Hashmi has done.
I am sure you are following, or atleast have read, about Gates-Crawley incident where Obama stepped in and made a few comments about race relationship. The Emraan Hashmi incident is nothing remotely compared to it.
Does a common man call a press conference while filing a case against someone?
Of course not. Who really cares about the common man?? When I was in the process of renting an apartment I was discriminated based against my marital status(single logon ke liye ghar nahin hai), eating habits (no non-veg allowed) heck even having female colleagues at my house when nothing hanky-panky was going on. Everybody used to face the similar problems so really what has been done to resolve the kind of nonsense? This is one area where I greatly like US. You want to rent a house go to a Rental Apartments complex. No machmach from your fellow "citizens". xxx

I doubt its religion here. He is film star and people love film stars. I would n't even call Hashmi muslim, he belongs to bollywodd and its one of best examples of secular india. Recently we could not get the apartment in one new building, since we are sindhis, and they only wanted Patels Jeez

I am sure you are following, or atleast have read, about Gates-Crawley incident where Obama stepped in and made a few comments about race relationship. The Emraan Hashmi incident is nothing remotely compared to it. Of course not. Who really cares about the common man?? When I was in the process of renting an apartment I was discriminated based against my marital status(single logon ke liye ghar nahin hai), eating habits (no non-veg allowed) heck even having female colleagues at my house when nothing hanky-panky was going on. Everybody used to face the similar problems so really what has been done to resolve the kind of nonsense? This is one area where I greatly like US. You want to rent a house go to a Rental Apartments complex. No machmach from your fellow "citizens". xxx
That may be nonsense, but not illegal. However, discrimination based on religion or caste is illegal.

I doubt its religion here. He is film star and people love film stars. I would n't even call Hashmi muslim, he belongs to bollywodd and its one of best examples of secular india. Recently we could not get the apartment in one new building, since we are sindhis, and they only wanted Patels Jeez
Is this Kabira?? Baad-e-muddat? Long time :two_thumbs_up: By the by this is a new one. Sindhis being discriminated by Gujjus? Always thought Gujjus tend to get along famously with Sindhis(and Jains and Marwaris).

Rajeev, you seriously think only Pali Hill has stars residing?? Most of Mumbai suburbs from Heeranandani to Lokhandwaala(Powai and Andheri) have tons of starlets residing in there. What gives Pali Hill folks any extra reason with regards to lifestyle? I am also amazed at this single-star-lifestyle argument. Mumbai being the financial center of India has tons of bigda-baap-ki-aulaadein. You think only actors lead this kind of lifestyle? Actually actors tend to shy away due to crowd reasons, it is the upper echeleon of society who dons tha mantle for the lifestyle you are suggesting. You obviously would have more information on this than I do but to rule out the Muslim angle and blame it on lifestyle is erroneous, me thinks. xxx
Lurks, Pali is old School whereas other suburbs was built on Single-life/Couple/TV Star/Air Hostess type of crowd, you know the Pali flat rate compared to other places About the single-start-lifestyle- again, Pali is mostly families with grown up kids living with parents..not ur typical singles mingles as A) Not really affordable B) Not a happening crowd place I agree with your logic abt others having same lifestyle, but this is not the 1st time you are seeing hypocrisy in our society but again, I don't buy the race card

The residents are afraid that he is going to elope with their wives and daughters. No wonder he is not getting the apartment. Now Hashmi is thinking to change his genre of movies.
That he will find far more difficult than finding a place in Pali.

Won't be surprised if on-screen persona was taken into consideration. But on a serious note, its def. true that Muslims are generally not welcome in co-op places with hindu majority, and same way u wont find many hindus going to places with majority muslims Its there, its sorta isolated and its not in high-end apartments but the issue is definitely there

Hes crying wolf, just like Azharuddin did about being discriminated and hounded for match fixing because he was a Muslim. They dont credit their success to India but lo and behold hold them accountable for something and cries of discrimination are loud and clear. When was the last time Azharuddin said something praising India? Heck he even wore a green helmet on a tour of England when the entire team wore blue.

Won't be surprised if on-screen persona was taken into consideration. But on a serious note, its def. true that Muslims are generally not welcome in co-op places with hindu majority, and same way u wont find many hindus going to places with majority muslims Its there, its sorta isolated and its not in high-end apartments but the issue is definitely there
That's right the issue is there. And one can not entirely blame the residents for their reluctance after all those terrorist attacks done on the name of Islam. The only thing terrorists do is to make the lives of the common Muslims difficult.

Is this Kabira?? Baad-e-muddat? Long time :two_thumbs_up: By the by this is a new one. Sindhis being discriminated by Gujjus? Always thought Gujjus tend to get along famously with Sindhis(and Jains and Marwaris).
Well I was talking about Patels and in Patels there is kadva and leva patels, heck they don't gel well, forget sindhis, and jains with them :haha::haha::haha::haha:

But on a serious note, its def. true that Muslims are generally not welcome in co-op places with hindu majority, and same way u wont find many hindus going to places with majority muslims Its there, its sorta isolated and its not in high-end apartments but the issue is definitely there
I would like to think so too Rajeev but it may very well be different. See gone are the days when Mumbai was about affluence. I mean I can see discrimination happening in Bihar but not Mumbai. At the same time the Mumbai of today is not the Mumbai of 80s when Pratima Bedi would streak on Juhu beach or Nadira would live by herself in Pali Hill. Slowly but surely the cosmopolitan nature of Mumbai has been replaced by hardliners. Whether this is because of 92 riots/blasts (and every blast that followed since), whether this is because of Shiv Sena growth..or whether this is due to huge influx of rich migrants from West(read Gujrat) who have added a lot of good stuff to Mumbai but also added a ton of hardline thoughts too. It could be all of these, and more. But today Mumbai is no different from any other posh city of India. Gone are the days when you would hear - Yeh yehan nahin hota, yeh Bombay nahin hai!. xxx

Well I was talking about Patels and in Patels there is kadva and leva patels, heck they don't gel well, forget sindhis, and jains with them :haha::haha::haha::haha:
Wow! I have never heard of it man. Always thought Gujjus were close to Sindhis. Any particular reason why Gujjus discouraged you folks from moving in? I mean I think eating habits should be a non-issue(most Sindhis I know are veggies). Phir logic kya hai?