WADA's clause : BCCI gets ready for the battle

Guest Shivani

Top Indian athletes fine with code http://www.cricinfo.com/ci-icc/content/current/story/417419.html Yeah and these people have no privacy and personal life just because they are not cricketers? Rules are same for everyone. Terrorists can bribe Yuvi's and Dhoni's drivers, they can also get their credit card details if i go by your logic. So these ifs and buts wont work. WADA is working for the betterment of sports they are not a terrorist group that they will leak players personal info to anyone like this.
It's not only an issue of privacy - even though that in itself is a valid argument and many atheletes have expressed concern over it. FIFA has refused to sign it and many Eurpoean atheletes have filed a law suit in Belgium because it is supposed to go against the human rights under EU. For Indian cricketers it stretches much beyond it. Threats to the likes of Tendulkar and Dhoni from dangerous organizations like LeT are very real. Comparing their situation to any athelete in the entire world is not a valid comparison. We are talking about terrorist groups who have actually attacked cricketers and given specific threats to Indian cricketers. Can you even begin to imagine what the fallout can be if LeT were to attack and kill Tendulkar? We are talking about a possible war like situation between two nuclear countries. Any tiny bit which compromises the security of these cricketers must be avoided at all costs. This WADA clause is nothing but adding an extra link in the entire chain which can be exploited by terrorists. Stop talking like Imran "terrorists don't attack cricketers" Khan and look at the unique situation of the top Indian cricket stars. There is simply no parallel for them and of course idiots at WADA cannot understand this.

efa,Fifa,basketball,volleyball and ice hockey didnt accept this.Fifa accepted the agreement after it was revised and only players who are injured,suspended or nt regularly with a team will be tested and their name will be forwarded by fifa.mans only those hwo fifa allow will be tested.also players on holidays wont be tested. BCCI doesnt need WADA.Bt ICC needs BCCI for the game.WADA is essential for sports which are olymic sports which cricket is not.Even ATP hasnt accepted it.There is a case going on ineuropean union court againist this rule.Btw privacy laws in India are a lot stringer in India and if players invoke it WADA cannot do anything.I dare the ICC cant ban BCCI so the only option is WADA revises the rules as it did for FIFA.According to FIFA WADA cant treat team and individual sports on the same line. Also recently the CAS lusaane rejected the views of WADA againist PCB and akhtar and Asif as PCB is nt a signatory of WADA. So in reality the WADA cant do a thing. Will icc survive without BCCI and its money?I doubt.ICC most probably will withdraw from WADA

Guest gaurav_indian
It's not only an issue of privacy - even though that in itself is a valid argument and many atheletes have expressed concern over it. FIFA has refused to sign it and many Eurpoean atheletes have filed a law suit in Belgium because it is supposed to go against the human rights under EU. For Indian cricketers it stretches much beyond it. Threats to the likes of Tendulkar and Dhoni from dangerous organizations like LeT are very real. Comparing their situation to any athelete in the entire world is not a valid comparison. We are talking about terrorist groups who have actually attacked cricketers and given specific threats to Indian cricketers. Can you even begin to imagine what the fallout can be if LeT were to attack and kill Tendulkar? We are talking about a possible war like situation between two nuclear countries. Any tiny bit which compromises the security of these cricketers must be avoided at all costs. This WADA clause is nothing but adding an extra link in the entire chain which can be exploited by terrorists. Stop talking like Imran "terrorists don't attack cricketers" Khan and look at the unique situation of the top Indian cricket stars. There is simply no parallel for them and of course idiots at WADA cannot understand this.
Sorry but where did i say that terrorists dont attack cricketers? You are now putting words in my mouth. And you shouldnt forget that cricketers from other countries have also signed it. And they share the same kind of stardom in their respected countries especially sri lanka, pakistan and bangladesh which are also suffering from terrorist activities. Why didnt they object against this? Are SLB, PCB(they are), BCB, NZ, CA, ECB all dumb? Either they should all stand against this clause or india should sign it becoz WADA doesnt care they will show their :finger: to BCCI.
Sorry but where did i say that terrorists dont attack cricketers? You are now putting words in my mouth. And you shouldnt forget that cricketers from other countries have also signed it. And they share the same kind of stardom in their respected countries especially sri lanka, pakistan and bangladesh which are also suffering from terrorist activities. Why didnt they object against this? Are SLB, PCB(they are), BCB, NZ, CA, ECB all dumb? Either they should all stand against this clause or india should sign it becoz WADA doesnt care they will show their :finger: to BCCI.
BCCI doesnot need WADA..........BT ICC needs BCCI or the game os gone so BCCI can show :finger::finger: this to WADA....it has already said it doesnt want anything to do with WADA and ICC should withdraw from WADA.......so bye bye WADA
Sorry but where did i say that terrorists dont attack cricketers? You are now putting words in my mouth. And you shouldnt forget that cricketers from other countries have also signed it. And they share the same kind of stardom in their respected countries especially sri lanka, pakistan and bangladesh which are also suffering from terrorist activities. Why didnt they object against this? Are SLB, PCB, BCB, NZ, CA, ECB all dumb? Either they should all stand against this clause or india should sign it becoz WADA doesnt care they will show their :finger: to BCCI.
If the other cricketers did something stupid, why should our cricketers follow suit? Except for the Pakistani and Sri Lankan cricketers the terrorist threat is not even comparable to Indian cricketers. Sri Lankan board is non existent and the less said about the PCB the better. Maybe other cricketers don't see it as an added security hazard but I can certainly understand why Indian cricketers do see it that way. WADA doesn't care? WADA is a nobody compared to BCCI. The only one showing the finger here will be the BCCI. Either WADA will relax the terms or ICC will withdraw from WADA and come up with it's own anti doping laws and procedures.
Guest gaurav_indian
BCCI doesnot need WADA..........BT ICC needs BCCI or the game os gone so BCCI can show :finger::finger: this to WADA....it has already said it doesnt want anything to do with WADA and ICC should withdraw from WADA.......so bye bye WADA
But ICC need WADA otherwise there will be more Asif in the future.
But ICC need WADA otherwise there will be more Asif in the future.
BCCI said we need a cricket specific drug rules....so i guess we will have them.btw ICC signed WADA in 2006 asif and akhtar were tested +ve after that.wat happened?Read by post,the last one in 1 st page u wuill knw at pcb did at CAS lusaane
Guest gaurav_indian
BCCI said we need a cricket specific drug rules....so i guess we will have them.btw ICC signed WADA in 2006 asif and akhtar were tested +ve after that.wat happened?Read by post' date='the last one in 1 st page u wuill knw at pcb did at CAS lusaane[/quote'] But IPL banned him. :winky:
Guest gaurav_indian
If the other cricketers did something stupid, why should our cricketers follow suit? Except for the Pakistani and Sri Lankan cricketers the terrorist threat is not even comparable to Indian cricketers. Sri Lankan board is non existent and the less said about the PCB the better. Maybe other cricketers don't see it as an added security hazard but I can certainly understand why Indian cricketers do see it that way. WADA doesn't care? WADA is a nobody compared to BCCI. The only one showing the finger here will be the BCCI. Either WADA will relax the terms or ICC will withdraw from WADA and come up with it's own anti doping laws and procedures.
I dont think WADA will relax the terms. ICC will have to withdraw from WADA under BCCI's pressure.
Top Indian athletes fine with code Yeah and these people have no privacy and personal life just because they are not cricketers? Rules are same for everyone. Terrorists can bribe Yuvi's and Dhoni's drivers, they can also get their credit card details if i go by your logic. So these ifs and buts wont work. WADA is working for the betterment of sports they are not a terrorist group that they will leak players personal info to anyone like this.
This clause by WADA is causing serious headaches all over the sporting world. The only player body and sporting body which has the power to tell WADA to shove it is BCCI and the its cricketers. Just becos others are willing/forced to put up with it doesn't mean BCCI and indian cricketers have to. Your comparison of indian cricketers to the like of bindra and anju is a testimony to your idiocy and in my short experience in this board, you have been proven to make stuff up (eg FIFA) I seriously doubt WADA's aim is betterment of cricket, it is more like use of cricket as a revenue source for WADA.

answer the questions that have been put to you. Do you think the challneges of getting around for Dhoni, tendulkar and yuvi the same as that for bindra and Anju? Why is FIFA getting special treatment from WADA? Why is baseball getting special treatment from WADA even though its an olympic sport. How come being a WADA signatory did not help cricket in the case of Asif and Akhtar?

your arguments for forcing BCCI/cricketers to sign have been 1)191 countries signed it 2)FIFA signed it (was proven to be incorrect) 3) bindra and anju signed it. All of the above points have been clearly debunked. Tell me what exactly does cricket stand to gain by being a WADA signatory instead of implementing its own testing program?

answer the questions that have been put to you. Do you think the challneges of getting around for Dhoni, tendulkar and yuvi the same as that for bindra and Anju? Why is FIFA getting special treatment from WADA? Why is baseball getting special treatment from WADA even though its an olympic sport. How come being a WADA signatory did not help cricket in the case of Asif and Akhtar?
gaurav the great indian.. forget the fact he mentioned tht u sounded like a paki. now can u answer those qns..?? imagine tht its asked by someone else instead of deviating frm the topic..
Guest gaurav_indian
gaurav the great indian.. forget the fact he mentioned tht u sounded like a paki. now can u answer those qns..?? imagine tht its asked by someone else instead of deviating frm the topic..
I think if you read the above posts carefully zubin the pepsi i agreed that if all the countries are against this clause then it makes sense. Otherwise there will be two things either BCCI have to sign it or ICC have to withdraw from WADA. Regarding Bindra and other athletes for me they are all equal. End of the argument. And you can ask these questions to ex olympians and indian athletes also.
Top Indian athletes fine with code http://www.cricinfo.com/ci-icc/content/current/story/417419.html Yeah and these people have no privacy and personal life just because they are not cricketers? Rules are same for everyone. Terrorists can bribe Yuvi's and Dhoni's drivers, they can also get their credit card details if i go by your logic. So these ifs and buts wont work. WADA is working for the betterment of sports they are not a terrorist group that they will leak players personal info to anyone like this.
Hey Gaurav, try this as well. Please maintain on this website, with one person you trust, the program of your tours for next one year, three months at a time. Don't fail to update. If you fail to update and are not where you wrote to be it will be strike against you.
I think if you read the above posts carefully zubin the pepsi i agreed that if all the countries are against this clause then it makes sense.
why wud that make sense??? are u saying tht ricky ponting and sachin has the same status ( in terms of fan following, adulation etc) in their respective countries..??? no one gives a **** abt the cricket players in the other countries as much as we give to the cricketers.. so other countries signing this WADA is a moot point as the situation and conditions in other countries aint the same as in india w.r.t to cricketers.. did u even read here so many ppl here saying FIFA dint adhere to WADA???
Otherwise there will be two things either BCCI have to sign it or ICC have to withdraw from WADA.
who the feck is WADA... if they r so adamanat in their rules not considering or giving a thought to these specific cases, then ICC can shove a hot rod up WADA's ar.se... and they willl , for ICC needs BCCI more than they need WADA..
Regarding Bindra and other athletes for me they are all equal. End of the argument. And you can ask these questions to ex olympians and indian athletes also.
well no one is concerned abt how u consider the other atheletes in india....but here we r talking abt what the situation is and how these cricketers r in a limelight compared to other sportsperson.... Bindra wud have won the olympic and we r all proud of that...but no he doesnt have the same status as Tendulkar.. thts what the situation is...and u know this.. but ur jus arguing for the sake of it i guess...
why wud that make sense??? are u saying tht ricky ponting and sachin has the same status ( in terms of fan following, adulation etc) in their respective countries..??? no one gives a **** abt the cricket players in the other countries as much as we give to the cricketers.. so other countries signing this WADA is a moot point as the situation and conditions in other countries aint the same as in india w.r.t to cricketers.. did u even read here so many ppl here saying FIFA dint adhere to WADA??? who the feck is WADA... if they r so adamanat in their rules not considering or giving a thought to these specific cases, then ICC can shove a hot rod up WADA's ar.se... and they willl , for ICC needs BCCI more than they need WADA.. well no one is concerned abt how u consider the other atheletes in india....but here we r talking abt what the situation is and how these cricketers r in a limelight compared to other sportsperson.... Bindra wud have won the olympic and we r all proud of that...but no he doesnt have the same status as Tendulkar.. thts what the situation is...and u know this.. but ur jus arguing for the sake of it i guess...
:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer: