WADA's clause : BCCI gets ready for the battle

Guest Shivani

Guest gaurav_indian
Hey Gaurav, try this as well. Please maintain on this website, with one person you trust, the program of your tours for next one year, three months at a time. Don't fail to update. If you fail to update and are not where you wrote to be it will be strike against you.
How will the cricketers from other countries will do it then? :hmmm: I know this is a harsh clause but my only concern is why didnt rest of the cricket boards and players object this clause? Well atleast you asked it nicely and didnt bring status or threats into it. Because if your objection is against "giving your 90 days schedule before" then many players are doing it. But some people are bringing things such as status and threats into it and basing their opinions on ifs and buts.
Guest gaurav_indian
why wud that make sense??? are u saying tht ricky ponting and sachin has the same status ( in terms of fan following, adulation etc) in their respective countries..??? no one gives a **** abt the cricket players in the other countries as much as we give to the cricketers.. so other countries signing this WADA is a moot point as the situation and conditions in other countries aint the same as in india w.r.t to cricketers.. who the feck is WADA... if they r so adamanat in their rules not considering or giving a thought to these specific cases, then ICC can shove a hot rod up WADA's ar.se... and they willl , for ICC needs BCCI more than they need WADA.. well no one is concerned abt how u consider the other atheletes in india....but here we r talking abt what the situation is and how these cricketers r in a limelight compared to other sportsperson.... Bindra wud have won the olympic and we r all proud of that...but no he doesnt have the same status as Tendulkar.. thts what the situation is...and u know this.. but ur jus arguing for the sake of it i guess...
why wud that make sense??? are u saying tht ricky ponting and sachin has the same status ( in terms of fan following, adulation etc) in their respective countries..??? no one gives a **** abt the cricket players in the other countries as much as we give to the cricketers.. so other countries signing this WADA is a moot point as the situation and conditions in other countries aint the same as in india w.r.t to cricketers..
All the subcontinental countries have crazy fans. Just like us they also follow the cricketers in their respected country. And they are all suffering from terrorist activities. Maybe Ricky Ponting doesnt have as many supporters as Sachin but still he has a personal life. And he agreed to sign this clause. Remember we arent discussing players status here we are discussing if they should sign this clause or not.
who the feck is WADA... if they r so adamanat in their rules not considering or giving a thought to these specific cases, then ICC can shove a hot rod up WADA's ar.se... and they willl , for ICC needs BCCI more than they need WADA..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Anti-Doping_Agency Yes ICC need BCCI. But they also need WADA to control doping in cricket.
did u even read here so many ppl here saying FIFA dint adhere to WADA???
But ICC did. :winky: And officially ICC > BCCI.
well no one is concerned abt how u consider the other atheletes in india....but here we r talking abt what the situation is and how these cricketers r in a limelight compared to other sportsperson.... Bindra wud have won the olympic and we r all proud of that...but no he doesnt have the same status as Tendulkar.. thts what the situation is...and u know this.. but ur jus arguing for the sake of it i guess..
Yes i know this very well. Just because they dont have the same status as cricketers they dont have their personal life and privacy. :winky: Again you are confusing it all with status thing here. If you leave this status thing aside then do you think indian players should sign it? All the other ICC member countries signed it.
How will the cricketers from other countries will do it then? :hmmm: I know this is a harsh clause but my only concern is why didnt rest of the cricket boards and players object this clause? Well atleast you asked it nicely and didnt bring status or threats into it. Because if your objection is against "giving your 90 days schedule before" then many players are doing it. But some people are bringing things such as status and threats into it and basing their opinions on ifs and buts.
Are you high on some cheap weed? Where are the ifs and buts on some Indian cricketers being high profile targets of some of the most dangerous terrorist organizations in the world? Do you think WADA is some top grade security agency where information cannot be leaked from and the security of cricketers compromised? Heck, in almost every single case if an athlete tests positive there have been leaks before an official announcement has been made. So much for information being secure in WADA!
Guest gaurav_indian
Are you high on some cheap weed? Where are the ifs and buts on some Indian cricketers being high profile targets of some of the most dangerous terrorist organizations in the world? Do you think WADA is some top grade security agency where information cannot be leaked from and the security of cricketers compromised? Heck' date= in almost every single case if an athlete tests positive there have been leaks before an official announcement has been made. So much for information being secure in WADA!
Yeah all the people who dont agree with you are high on cheap weed? Whether they are Bindra, Aslam Sher Khan, Anju Bobby George and ex olympians. Great. I know cricketers are high profile targets. But some of you are basing their opinions on "if terrorists bribe some WADA people and access their personal info" And as far as privacy is concerned all the other cricketers also have it why didnt they object? I am not asking you about the players status or threats here.
Maybe Ricky Ponting doesnt have as many supporters as Sachin but still he has a personal life. And he agreed to sign this clause. Remember we arent discussing players status here we are discussing if they should sign this clause or not. So what if Ricky ponting signed it? Yes ICC need BCCI. But they also need WADA to control doping in cricket. No they Don't! Expalin why testing program independent of WADA using the same labs will not work? All the other ICC member countries signed it. Once again So F#$%%G what? /QUOTE] Tell what exactly does cricket gain being WADA complaint?
Guest gaurav_indian
Maybe Ricky Ponting doesnt have as many supporters as Sachin but still he has a personal life. And he agreed to sign this clause. Remember we arent discussing players status here we are discussing if they should sign this clause or not. So what if Ricky ponting signed it? Yes ICC need BCCI. But they also need WADA to control doping in cricket. No they Don't! Expalin why testing program independent of WADA using the same labs will not work? All the other ICC member countries signed it. Once again So F#$%%G what? /QUOTE] Tell what exactly does cricket gain being WADA complaint?
Thats what i am asking? Why did the other boards signed it? Why are you asking me?
Thats what i am asking? Why did the other boards signed it? Why are you asking me?
I explained this earlier in my post. This clause has been most headache. FIFA said no f'n way and WADA changed the rulez becos WADA needs FIFA more than FIFA needs WADA. Athletes like NADAL, FED and Serena hate it but don't have the clout to do anything about it. What do you think is the power of BCCI and indian cricketers compared to other boards. FICA clearly objected to this clause, but did not have the power to do anything about it. BCCI/Cricket/ICC does not need WADA, WADA sure needs the money from cricket. I though all the things I stated were publicly available and fairly obvious.......
Guest gaurav_indian
I explained this earlier in my post. This clause has been most headache. FIFA said no f'n way and WADA changed the rulez becos WADA needs FIFA more than FIFA needs WADA. Athletes like NADAL, FED and Serena hate it but don't have the clout to do anything about it. What do you think is the power of BCCI and indian cricketers compared to other boards. FICA clearly objected to this clause, but did not have the power to do anything about it. BCCI/Cricket/ICC does not need WADA, WADA sure needs the money from cricket. I though all the things I stated were publicly available and fairly obvious.......
Ok lets see what happens next. Plus if you have said this without calling me a paki in the first post itself then i would have listened to you. I dont like people calling names or take cheap shots just becoz the other person doesnt agree with them.
Ok lets see what happens next. Plus if you have said this without calling me a paki in the first post itself then i would have listened to you. I dont like people calling names or take cheap shots just becoz the other person doesnt agree with them.
Two options 1) kick BCCI out of ICC ->:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: 2) Cricket will not be part of asiad or olympics. Big fricking deal.
Yeah all the people who dont agree with you are high on cheap weed? Whether they are Bindra, Aslam Sher Khan, Anju Bobby George and ex olympians. Great. I know cricketers are high profile targets. But some of you are basing their opinions on "if terrorists bribe some WADA people and access their personal info" And as far as privacy is concerned all the other cricketers also have it why didnt they object? I am not asking you about the players status or threats here.
Hang on! My argument is bogus because it is based on actual terrorist threats by some of the most dangerous terrorist organizations and their possibly exploiting an organization which has had more leaks than a thatched roof in Cherrapunji and your argument is sound because you want to ignore the security aspect altogether! Why are you so hell bent upon focusing on privacy alone and refusing to look at the security aspect? Regarding privacy, almost everyone has raised objections on that basis as well, but not everyone is as influential as the BCCI.
All the subcontinental countries have crazy fans. Just like us they also follow the cricketers in their respected country. And they are all suffering from terrorist activities. Maybe Ricky Ponting doesnt have as many supporters as Sachin but still he has a personal life. And he agreed to sign this clause. Remember we arent discussing players status here we are discussing if they should sign this clause or not. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Anti-Doping_Agency Yes ICC need BCCI. But they also need WADA to control doping in cricket. But ICC did. :winky: And officially ICC > BCCI. Yes i know this very well. Just because they dont have the same status as cricketers they dont have their personal life and privacy. :winky: Again you are confusing it all with status thing here. If you leave this status thing aside then do you think indian players should sign it? All the other ICC member countries signed it.
god bless u..:hatsoff: facepalm.jpg
Guest gaurav_indian
Two options 1) kick BCCI out of ICC ->:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: 2) Cricket will not be part of asiad or olympics. Big fricking deal.
Yeah only time will tell. And cricket wont become a global sport if they dont appear in Olympics. :winky:
Guest gaurav_indian
Hang on! My argument is bogus because it is based on actual terrorist threats by some of the most dangerous terrorist organizations and their possibly exploiting an organization which has had more leaks than a thatched roof in Cherrapunji and your argument is sound because you want to ignore the security aspect altogether! Why are you so hell bent upon focusing on privacy alone and refusing to look at the security aspect? Regarding privacy' date=' almost everyone has raised objections on that basis as well, but not everyone is as influential as the BCCI.[/quote'] Has WADA leaked anyone's personal info with the help of "whereabout clause" so far? If they have then i agree with your security concerns.
India stars lambasted Afp, New Delhi India's sports minister and the country's lone Olympic champion on Monday hit out at cricketers for refusing to divulge there daily location under an anti-doping code. "All sportspersons should adhere to it and happily follow it," Sports Minister Manohar Singh Gill told reporters a day after the nation's top cricketers declined to comply with the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) code. "The world is concerned about doping and we should support WADA. India has accepted regulatory testing and we adhere to it. "It should be made clear to sportspersons that testing does not interfere in anyone's personal life." The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) on Sunday gave its blessing to players who did not accept the whereabouts clause of the WADA code, saying it infringed on their privacy. The clause requires players to detail their whereabouts for an hour between 6:00 am and 11:00 pm every day for the next three months to allow random out-of-competition testing. Olympic shooting gold medallist Abhinav Bindra urged the cricketers to accept the code, saying the clause was "no big deal". "They should just accept it and get on with life," said Bindra, who won India's first-ever individual Olympic gold at Beijing last year. "I think it is all due to a lack of understanding. But if cricket wants to become a global sport and fight the menace of drugs, they must agree to the WADA code. "I have been part of the code for a few years and it is no big deal." India's top players are the only ones in world cricket, a non-Olympic discipline, who had not signed the WADA documents by the August 1 deadline set by the International Cricket Council. According to WADA rules, anyone missing three doping tests over 18 months faces a ban of up to two years. "We have no problem with the testing, but we have a problem with the system of testing players," BCCI president Shashank Manohar told reporters on Sunday. "We have decided to write to the ICC about the concerns raised by the players. The BCCI agrees with the players that the system of testing is unreasonable." Nine Indian male and two female players were registered for dope testing by the ICC, both during tournaments or random out-of-competition. The male players in the list are world batting record holder Sachin Tendulkar, captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virender Sehwag, Yuvraj Singh, Harbhajan Singh, Zaheer Khan, Gautam Gambhir, Irfan Pathan and Munaf Patel. Jhulan Goswami and Mithali Raj are the two women players in the list. The ICC, responding to India's stand, said the matter will be discussed by the governing body's Executive Board to "find a way forward".
http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=100016 Where have they talked about threats? They are all worried about system of testing. And if you dont know players can change their schedule before 24 hours online. And if you remove those status and threats things. Then all players are equal.
Hang on! My argument is bogus because it is based on actual terrorist threats by some of the most dangerous terrorist organizations and their possibly exploiting an organization which has had more leaks than a thatched roof in Cherrapunji and your argument is sound because you want to ignore the security aspect altogether! Why are you so hell bent upon focusing on privacy alone and refusing to look at the security aspect? Regarding privacy' date=' almost everyone has raised objections on that basis as well, but not everyone is as influential as the BCCI.[/quote'] Its almost illogical to sign this clause. 1. Security - The top indian cricketers are the most sought after sportsperson on the terrorists hitlist, which is something the likes of Ponting, Bindra or Beckham would never experience. (Analogy time : Just bcos Stephen hawkings can take a public ride on an open top bus in the streets of Pakistan,should Salman Rushdie expected to do the same?). Basically all these players have to let WADA know there whereabouts for everyday for 3 months. There has been leaks in this database before, so WADA has no right to demand that this information to be made available to them. 2.Everything else doesn't matter. We will cross that bridge when we come to it. 3.WADA, like someone said before, has bend the rules to suit other boards? If that is so, then again, WADA has no right to be strict on ICC. If they insist on being hypocritical, then why the fk are ICC bending towards WADA? Since i already think that the olympics are stupid and unfair ( Unless you have 11 gold medals for winning cricket,as well as 1 over, 5 over, 10 over, 20 over variants of the game.Compare it with swimming and running, in which 1 person can win multiple medals ,do we really need 100 m and 200m?Why not 101m then), i could care a rats ass about cricket in olympics. 4. Cricket doesnt need WADA to monitor it. It can be done by ICC. But then that will involve the fat asses at the ICC getting up from their chair and working.
Guest gaurav_indian

Roger Federer defends strict new doping rules

Roger Federer's reaction was predictably commonsense. “You're not going to catch them by ringing up and saying, 'Look, I'd like to test you maybe in two days.' The guy is cheating and they are smart, right?” The Swiss was responding to the imposition of the new stringent drug-testing code on his sport, that to which Andy Murray and Rafael Nadal, the world No1 and new Australian Open champion, offered their vociferous opposition on Thursday. The words “draconian” and “lack of respect” were used to complain at the ability of drug-testers to appear on a player's doorstep at any hour of the day or night and demand a urine sample. The enforcers argue that without an ability to test “out of competition” during the one hour every day that the player has specified they will be available, they would be at a singular disadvantage in the fight against doping. Like every sport that has signed up to the latest World Anti-Doping Agency (Wada) rules, tennis is having to become accustomed to a reconfiguration of past practice. Francesco Ricci Bitti, president of the ITF, which manages the testing programme, said: “While we appreciate the difficulties of the implementation of the whereabouts programme in tennis, the goal for all of us is a clean sport. Out-of-competition testing forms a vital part of the world anti-doping code.” In short - tough. Murray said that he was visited at 7o'clock one morning last week, a few hours after he had arrived home from his fourth-round defeat in Melbourne. “The official insisted on watching me provide the sample, literally with my trousers around my ankles, then insisted I wrote down my home address, even though he was at my private home at 7am,” he said. “The new rules are draconian.” Federer, the former world No1, still does not feel comfortable sharing a court with any player who failed a doping test. “It's a tough system and a significant change to what we were used to before, so I think it takes some getting used to it,” he said. “But this is how you're going to catch them. It is an hour a day. I know it's a pain, but I would like it to be a clean sport, so I'm OK with it.” Dr Stuart Miller, the head of the ITF's science and technical department, said that players would have to get used to making and changing their drug-testing appointments in the same way they change flights and check out of hotels after defeats. “All they have to do is SMS us to update their whereabouts,” Miller said. “I can only presume in Andy Murray's case, he had said that 7am was an appropriate time and that is when the tester called. There cannot be effective out-of-competition testing without player whereabouts, it is the cornerstone of effective control.”
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/tennis/article5679526.ece And someone from here said that Federer was against this rule? :hmmm: I have posted articles to back my opinion. Lets see you have any source that confirms that WADA leaked someone's personal info? If they have then i totally agree with you guys.

Is Roger Federer on a terrorist hitlist ? Does he live in a country neighboring a country that states the said terrorist gorup? Does he live in a country which has horrible security and is almost incapable of stopping terrorist attacks? Does he live in a city which has seen bomb blasts and terrorists opening fire in train stations and 5 star hotels in the last few years? If it is YES to all, then i guess what he said is relevant to the discussion.

Has WADA leaked anyone's personal info with the help of "whereabout clause" so far? If they have then i agree with your security concerns. http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=100016 Where have they talked about threats? They are all worried about system of testing. And if you dont know players can change their schedule before 24 hours online. And if you remove those status and threats things. Then all players are equal.
I don't know about someone's information from the whereabouts clause has been leaked or not, but every single time some athlete is tested positive the leaks are all over the place before the official announcement. If I were Tendulkar with LeT gunning for me, I certainly won't trust such an organization with my every day locations.
Guest gaurav_indian
Is Roger Federer on a terrorist hitlist ? Does he live in a country neighboring a country that states the said terrorist gorup? Does he live in a country which has horrible security and is almost incapable of stopping terrorist attacks? Does he live in a city which has seen bomb blasts and terrorists opening fire in train stations and 5 star hotels in the last few years? If it is YES to all, then i guess what he said is relevant to the discussion.
Did WADA leaked anyone's personal info? If yes then do post an article here about that. And i will agree with whatever you are saying here. Till then we are all making assumptions.
Guest gaurav_indian
I don't know about someone's information from the whereabouts clause has been leaked or not' date=' but every single time some athlete is tested positive the leaks are all over the place before the official announcement.[b'] If I were Tendulkar with LeT gunning for me, I certainly won't trust such an organization with my every day locations.
So are cricket stadiums safe with 50000 people sitting there? Have you forgot the Lahore incident? So does that mean players should forget playing matches because of safety threats? You, me and all the indian cricket fans knows when will indian cricketers play next in india. FTP :winky: