WADA's clause : BCCI gets ready for the battle

Guest Shivani

Yeah only time will tell. And cricket wont become a global sport if they dont appear in Olympics. :winky:
How much getting into olympics help badminton? After being in the olympics for 20 years, they just got kicked out. http://stephanella.wordpress.com/2008/04/02/badminton-dropped-in-2012-olympics/ Face it, Cricket was always and will continue to be a british colony sport. As it is, most of the existing boards can't support themselves w/o handouts from BCCI. You want more countries begging/demanding from BCCI?
Did WADA leaked anyone's personal info? If yes then do post an article here about that. And i will agree with whatever you are saying here. Till then we are all making assumptions.
Test results are not personal information? Even if you mean address or time, what guarantees does WADA give? Nothing. If test results are leaked, surely address leak is probable. So far, the only information from WADA, anyone was interested in was the test results, which were leaked. If LET wanted to know the whereabouts of Sachin, they have a few more sources, none of which are reliable.
Guest gaurav_indian
Test results are not personal information? Even if you mean address or time' date=' what guarantees does WADA give? Nothing. If test results are leaked, surely address leak is probable. So far, the only information from WADA, anyone was interested in was the test results, which were leaked. If LET wanted to know the whereabouts of Sachin, they have a few more sources, none of which are reliable.[/quote'] Tests results are personal info? I dont think anyone will keep it as a secret anyways isnt it? They always make official announcement otherwise how will the world know who cheated it? I think you are mixing test results info with whereabout clause info(which is kept confidential). I dont think anyone's whereabout's info has leaked so far? If you have anything related to that plz post them.
Bangalore: Even as the BCCI stands behind Indian cricketers in their defiance of WADA’s anti-doping policy that requires players to keep WADA abreast of their whereabouts at all times, Olympic gold medallist Abhinav Bindra feels that the concerns viz-a-viz security issues regarding the information supplied to the anti-doping agency are unfounded. "I don`t think there should be any concern on individual security as the information provided is only going to the concerned officer and is strictly confidential," Bindra told a news channel. Bindra, who has been in the registered testing pool since the past three years, said that the cricketers don`t have any choice and would have to join the Olympic movement in the global fight against doping in sport sooner or later. "It is irritating to keep officials updated everyday, as your plans tend to change. However, out of competition testing is extremely important and one must make every attempt to co operate (with WADA)," Bindra said. "Once you have your basic schedule for one quarter ready, you can keep updating the information. There have been instances when I haven`t updated the information but then they are not coming to test you every single day," he said. Meanwhile, shooter Gagan Narang also felt that the present system is much better, since information on an athlete`s whereabouts can be easily updated via SMS or e-mail. "Once you get the hang of it, it is not very difficult to update your whereabouts," Narang said. Former bronze medallist in World Championships, long jumper Anju Bobby George said she never faced any problems in updating the information. Anju said that if one can give valid reasons then it won`t be counted as a missed test. "Once during the monsoon, I was not present at my home when the testers came. It happened again but luckily I was present when they came looking for me the third time," she said.
http://cricket.zeenews.com/fullstory.aspx?nid=22378 The value of their opinions is much more than yours or mine.:winky:
Guest gaurav_indian
How much getting into olympics help badminton? After being in the olympics for 20 years, they just got kicked out. http://stephanella.wordpress.com/2008/04/02/badminton-dropped-in-2012-olympics/ Face it, Cricket was always and will continue to be a british colony sport. As it is, most of the existing boards can't support themselves w/o handouts from BCCI. You want more countries begging/demanding from BCCI?
Whole world knows about Badminton now.:winky:
Tests results are personal info? I dont think anyone will keep it as a secret anyways isnt it? They always make official announcement otherwise how will the world knows who cheated it?
http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/sp20070425a1.html Yep, WADA is very secure.
I think you are mixing test results info with whereabout clause info(which is kept confidential). I dont think anyone's whereabout's info has leaked so far? If you have anything related to that plz post them.
Sounds like Imran Khan's "Cricketers will not be targeted by terrorist in Pak" speech.
Guest gaurav_indian
Do you call it whereabout clause info? I know about test results getting leaked before the official announcement. Nothing new. I can post more if you want.
Sounds like Imran Khan's "Cricketers will not be targeted by terrorist in Pak" speech.
Cricketers can be targeted anywhere even during a match do you know that? All of us saw that few months ago.
Do you call it whereabout clause info? I know about test results getting leaked before the official announcement. Nothing new. Cricketers can be targeted anywhere even during a match do you know that? All of us saw that few months ago.
Test results are not personal information? Even if you mean address or time' date= what guarantees does WADA give? Nothing. If test results are leaked, surely address leak is probable. So far, the only information from WADA, anyone was interested in was the test results, which were leaked. If LET wanted to know the whereabouts of Sachin, they have a few more sources, none of which are reliable.
Guest gaurav_indian

^^ Yeah but you didnt backed it up. You are just posting your views based on the probabilites. And i posted views of Bindra who signed this clause three years ago and knows everything about it.

^^ Yeah but you didnt backed it up. You are just posting your views based on the probabilites. And i posted views of Bindra who signed this clause three years ago and knows everything about it.
Bindra had 15 minutes of fame. I am talking about people on the LET's hitlist for years, people whose life depends on their privacy.I would say his views are useless in this situation. This situation is unique (Unless you can prove it otherwise). If you cant see it.......
Guest gaurav_indian
Bindra had 15 minutes of fame. I am talking about people on the LET's hitlist for years' date=' people whose life depends on their privacy.I would say his views are useless in this situation. This situation is unique (Unless you can prove it otherwise). If you cant see it.......[/quote'] Ok i respect your views and lets see what happens next.
Guest gaurav_indian
Inspite of all the righteous whining from you b4, this exactly the kinda replies I got on PakBoard when I cornered people.
whinning? What have you posted in this thread other than trolling and calling names here? I like the way Zap_Brannigan was replying to my post. He didnt call me names. And you visit pak boards? Why do you go there? To get a kick on your rear? Whats that forum name and your id there tell me. I want to see how you owned pakistanis there. I think you are a pakistani acting as an indian. :hmmm: "when i cornered people" haha another internet super hero. Oh i am getting scared now. :nervous:
whinning? What have you posted in this thread other than trolling here? I like the way Zap_Brannigan was replying to my post. He didnt call me names. And you visit pak boards? Why do you go there? To get a kick on your rear? Whats that forum name and your id there tell me. I want to see how you owned pakistanis there. I think you are a pakistani acting as an indian. :hmmm: "when i cornered people" haha another internet super hero. Oh i am getting scared now. :nervous:
good grief! can you retain any information at all? I answered this question from you b4. same exact handle as here. Besides, is that all you have regarding badminton in olympics that everyone knows about it? Is this what you call serious discussion? did it help badminton grow? did it make it more financially successful? If so why was it dropped from the olympics? your argument is WADA compliance will make cricket possibly a olympic sport. what does cricket stand to gain by becoming an olympic sport? Make it a global sport? I have already addressed this. Of the 8 boards in existence, 4 will go bankrupt if not for home series with india. so who is going to fund this expansion of cricket to a global sport and in return for what? Lets see if you got are capable to address the points I have raised.
Guest gaurav_indian
good grief! can you retain any information at all? I answered this question from you b4. same exact handle as here.
Then why do you keep quoting my posts when i already replied to your post? Do you have any problem? Tell me i can help you. And yeah plz pm me that forum name and your id there lets see what are you made up of.
And if you remove those status and threats things. Then all players are equal.
sure also remove their respective sports so that the Indian cricket team can become Manchester United after all they will still be equal even though totally ineffective. of course we must ask though why insurance companies have different premium rates for the same insurance policy for different people, things. But hey they obviously don't realize one must strip away the attributed of things before applying the premiums. Go figure..
Guest gaurav_indian
sure also remove their respective sports so that the Indian cricket team can become Manchester United after all they will still be equal even though totally ineffective. of course we must ask though why insurance companies have different premium rates for the same insurance policy for different people, things. But hey they obviously don't realize one must strip away the attributed of things before applying the premiums. Go figure..
BCCI risks alienation by rejecting WADA code
NEW DELHI: The BCCI's demand for an independent anti-doping code "lacks credibility" and the "unprofessional", "bullyish" manner in which it has rejected the World Anti-Doping Agency's (WADA) compliance requirements may lead to its alienation from the international sports community. These are the views expressed by a cross-section of eminent ex-players in the wake of the Indian board's decision to stand by its players and refuse being a signatory to the WADA's 'whereabouts' clause and, by extension, an internationally recognized, and mandatory, anti-doping umbrella. There are also growing fears within the fraternity that the board has gone to unreasonable lengths to justify "whimsical" demands of the 11 Indian players in the ICC's anti-dope testing pool, directly tarnishing the sport's image and raising concerns in the public domain about BCCI's ability and desire to combat the menace of doping. What is good for the entire sporting world is good for Indian cricketers and they are no exception to the law, is the general sentiment. Unlike 'Monkeygate', or even the Mike Denness incident, the BCCI might find little public support for its stance here, feel many. The ICC became a WADA signatory in 2006 and is a party to the revised International Standard for Testing (IST) since Jan 1, 2009. On Sunday, the BCCI refused to abide by a WADA code which requires players to reveal their whereabouts three months in advance to enable surprise dope tests. All other cricket-playing nations apart from India have already signed within the July 31 deadline. "BCCI is used to arm-twisting a toothless ICC to get what it wants but this time it might have gone too far," argued former India player Ashok Malhotra. "Why is it always BCCI which has problems? Everyone from Roger Federer to Yelena Isinbayeva can be a signatory but not Sachin Tendulkar or MS Dhoni? Ricky Ponting and Andrew Flintoff have all signed up despite reservations about privacy because it is the right thing to do. Don't the Sri Lankan or Pakistani players have security concerns? The BCCI's bizarre schoolboy-bully behaviour will not be forever tolerated by ICC members even if the threat of a sponsor-pullout looms. Like FIFA, they can ask for minor modifications but this hostile stance is unwarranted. And the demand for ICC's own doping body is ridiculous and exposes a lack of perspective." Importantly, this refusal by the world's richest cricket board risks ICC's ejection from the International Olympic Committee (IOC) and hampers its chances of globalising the sport through participation in events like the Olympics. It could also, if unresolved, lead to a ban on Team India participating in ICC events. "BCCI has not thought of the consequences because they are always used to getting their way. Doping issues are very relevant for cricket in this day and age, unlike earlier," said former India batsman Abbas Ali Baig, "The demand for an independent dope-control body is not credible since we don't know what BCCI is doing to prevent use of unethical medical methods. If the code is intrusive, why has everyone else signed up? I feel that BCCI is unsure if the code is indeed draconian and they are simply going by what players feel. Also, it is a total failure of communication since all this could have been sorted out long back." Former player, coach and selector Madan Lal said, "If our cricketers are not used to living like top-level athletes then they should learn. It is a responsibility on India's part not to jeopardize any sport's chances at international level. More should be done to enhance awareness levels among Board members and players because the public wants a clean sport." Lal's thoughts were echoed by Maninder Singh, former spinner, who said, "It is unprofessional behaviour. Like FIFA, there is a gentler way of bringing things to the table in case of differences. Cricket's entire international structure is now at risk." Former captain Kapil Dev, though, while refusing comment on the nature of the WADA clause, told TOI: "Why aren't these questions being asked to the eminent people associated with BCCI? They must know what to do next." Do they really? Does even the ICC, so dependent on revenues generated from India, know? With cricket already lurching from one crisis to another while trying to sustain spectator interest, this latest tantrum from BCCI is the last thing the sport needs. Cricket has had doping-related scandals before — think Shane Warne, Mohd Asif and Shoaib Akhtar — and international norms cannot be so brusquely brushed under the carpet.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/BCCI-risks-alienation-by-rejecting-WADA-code/articleshow/4854128.cms And these views are coming from ex-cricketers.:winky: