SRK Detained and Humiliated at Newark Airport

Rajiv

If the "TSA morons" have a right to hold any person for extra checks at the airport then they do have a right to hold SRK for extra checks at the airport.No, you did not read my post. Even British, French or German muslims subjected to extra checks, so yes it is irrespective of nationality.Oh really, how about British Pakistanis in India? Considering that the perpetrator of Mumbai 2006 train blasts is being sheltered by in Britain by people of pakistani origin. Considering that a Spaniards and Italians of Pakistani descent took part in the planning of 26/11 would you not subject Italian and Spanish muslims to extra checks in India?Yes lets. Let me ask you if you believe that a 66 minute wait in a lounge is "hounding". Was SRK thrown in jail? No! Let us suppose that a person named Masood Azhar walks into Delhi airport. Would Indian immigration agents not be justified in detaining him for 66 minutes to check if he is really the terrorist? Or should they just think that it is impossible that the real Masood Azhar would be traveling on his own name and let the person go?
Seedhi miyaan. I see you raise an issue and then quickly move the goalpost and move on to a totally different rant. I would keep this post short and sweet and would appreciate direct answers to my following questions: a) Since racial profiling, aka name checking, has started circa 911, could you give me a few names where International terrorists willing to hurt USA have been caught at the Airport? I mean 8 long years mate atleast you can show me 8 names to show effectiveness? No? Please dont make a spin, just give me 8 names or say you dont know. Simple. b) If 911 was purely down to Islamic terrorists then the Khalistan movement was solely due to Sikh terrorists. Bulk of these Sikh terrorists had the surname of Singhs and absconded to Canada, England and Pakistan where some of them are still alive and kicking, indeed a few supporting Khalistan even today. Do you agree Indian Airport Security officials would do well to stop any Sikhs travelling to India who have a surname Singh and sport a beard solely because of their surname and religious background? Again no spin, give me direct answers please. xxxx

Seedhi miyaan. I see you raise an issue and then quickly move the goalpost and move on to a totally different rant. I would keep this post short and sweet and would appreciate direct answers to my following questions: a) Since racial profiling, aka name checking, has started circa 911, could you give me a few names where International terrorists willing to hurt USA have been caught at the Airport? I mean 8 long years mate atleast you can show me 8 names to show effectiveness? No? Please dont make a spin, just give me 8 names or say you dont know. Simple. b) If 911 was purely down to Islamic terrorists then the Khalistan movement was solely due to Sikh terrorists. Bulk of these Sikh terrorists had the surname of Singhs and absconded to Canada, England and Pakistan where some of them are still alive and kicking, indeed a few supporting Khalistan even today. Do you agree Indian Airport Security officials would do well to stop any Sikhs travelling to India who have a surname Singh and sport a beard solely because of their surname and religious background? Again no spin, give me direct answers please. xxxx
In the last 10 years what sikh terrorism has there been? Things have changed, that threat has died and is over. The threat worldwide including India is now soley islamic terrorism and India is No 1 target for many islamic jihadis. You as a muslim will not accept this but that is the ground reality!

Seedhi miyaan. I see you raise an issue and then quickly move the goalpost and move on to a totally different rant. I would keep this post short and sweet and would appreciate direct answers to my following questions: a) Since racial profiling, aka name checking, has started circa 911, could you give me a few names where International terrorists willing to hurt USA have been caught at the Airport? I mean 8 long years mate atleast you can show me 8 names to show effectiveness? No? Please dont make a spin, just give me 8 names or say you dont know. Simple.
The depths that you have sunk to dont surprise me. The proof of effectiveness is that there have been no terrorist attacks in USA since 9/11. The entire anti-terror infrastructure in the US has worked - of which airport security is a part.
b) If 911 was purely down to Islamic terrorists then the Khalistan movement was solely due to Sikh terrorists. Bulk of these Sikh terrorists had the surname of Singhs and absconded to Canada, England and Pakistan where some of them are still alive and kicking, indeed a few supporting Khalistan even today. Do you agree Indian Airport Security officials would do well to stop any Sikhs travelling to India who have a surname Singh and sport a beard solely because of their surname and religious background? Again no spin, give me direct answers please. xxxx
It is entirely up to the Indian officials. If they feel that there is a threat from Sikhs, Hindus, Muslims, Buddhists - they can and should be able to stop anyone. At the height of Sikh militancy, Sikhs did face a lot of problems within India. Today, India is facing islamic terrorism - so it is understandable that at the airports muslims would face inconvenience. Let the airport security do its job and stop second guessing it.

The depths that you have sunk to dont surprise me. The proof of effectiveness is that there have been no terrorist attacks in USA since 9/11. The entire anti-terror infrastructure in the US has worked - of which airport security is a part.
Thank you making my point. Of course you have None and so you shall resort to "Look how many times US has been attacked" nonsense. Reality check - Attacks did NOT happen NOT because of TSA efforts. And congratulations for not knowing a SINGLE name.
It is entirely up to the Indian officials. If they feel that there is a threat from Sikhs, Hindus, Muslims, Buddhists - they can and should be able to stop anyone. At the height of Sikh militancy, Sikhs did face a lot of problems within India. Today, India is facing islamic terrorism - so it is understandable that at the airports muslims would face inconvenience. Let the airport security do its job and stop second guessing it.
Hypo-effing-cracy. Call a spade a spade mate. Just as you were in hurry to jump on anti Islamic bandwagon(need I dig up your rant on how terrorist activities have ALL Islamic background?), when cornered with Sikh terrorism suddenly it becomes an Indian official stance! What is YOUR stance? Show me you treat both Muslims and Sikhs the same else keep your substance-less bhagwa rant to your dear self. xxx

Guys, please watch that press conference. It will clear the air and answer all the questions. It is 40 min long and he addresses all the supposed "publicity stunt" and "special treatment" issues. He has at least 10 times said that he does NOT/will NEVER expect special treatment. He is clearly saying that he is nobody to go against the rules. Link

Guys, please watch that press conference. It will clear the air and answer all the questions. It is 40 min long and he addresses all the supposed "publicity stunt" and "special treatment" issues. He has at least 10 times said that he does NOT/will NEVER expect special treatment. He is clearly saying that he is nobody to go against the rules. Link
You think his haters are going to be impressed by words from him?

five pages and going for a non-sense issue.. people should have raised this question when Mr. Kalam had gone through this..
Of course that should have been raised. Frankly anytime an Indian luminary is maltreated it should be raised to the possible extent. Do you seriously think an ex Chinese President being manhandled in Shanghai? 'Course not. The Chinese would have effectively stopped Continental Airlines flight from the country. This maltreatment is reserved for Indians, both at home and abroad. Plus we would have many Indians supporting it woohoo!

Thank you making my point. Of course you have None and so you shall resort to "Look how many times US has been attacked" nonsense. Reality check - Attacks did NOT happen NOT because of TSA efforts. And congratulations for not knowing a SINGLE name.
How the hell do you know? Obviously the US authorities - the FBI' date=' CIA, Homeland security believe the airport security is effective and necessary. I have no reason to believe that the US govt is implementing security checks at the airport for the fun of it.
Hypo-effing-cracy. Call a spade a spade mate. Just as you were in hurry to jump on anti Islamic bandwagon(need I dig up your rant on how terrorist activities have ALL Islamic background?), when cornered with Sikh terrorism suddenly it becomes an Indian official stance! What is YOUR stance? Show me you treat both Muslims and Sikhs the same else keep your substance-less bhagwa rant to your dear self. xxx
Firstly, you are NO ONE to shut anyone up. I have made my stance amply clear - any person regardless of his or her religion can be stopped by Indian or US authorities. It is entirely up to them. If there is a threat from Sikh, Hindu, Muslim terrorists then the airport security should be free to take appropriate measures. All I am saying is that if muslims are facing inconvenience today, then I can perfectly understand it. If tomorrow, Hindus are going to be subjected to extra checks in India, then I am sure the security agencies would have valid reason for it.

Of course that should have been raised. Frankly anytime an Indian luminary is maltreated it should be raised to the possible extent. Do you seriously think an ex Chinese President being manhandled in Shanghai? 'Course not. The Chinese would have effectively stopped Continental Airlines flight from the country. This maltreatment is reserved for Indians, both at home and abroad. Plus we would have many Indians supporting it woohoo!
Good to know that your outrage is limited only to Indian "luminaries" being subjected to extra checks.

FYI the authorities were completely inept with regards to the Ted Kennedy situation. He was issued an apology as his name rather erroneously featured in the list of potential terror suspects.And Gore was frisked through security' date=' sure. Security frisking is a non issue. That's standard. But having frisked someone very well known and then detain him for no apparent reason is the root of the issue here.[/quote']The point being that famous personalities in US have been frisked or subjected to extra checks. At least in the US the people manning the security follow the rules and dont make allowance for celebrity status of an individual. In which case there is no reason that SRK be treated any differently.
I too hate the 'tu janta nahin mera baap kaun hai?' attitude. As I told you before, I am not for one second in favour of preferential treatment for anyone but that just doesn't happen in the real world. Neither am I an admirer of SRK's acting, which is well documented in ICF.
The US airport security is definitely closer to being neutral to "influential" status than for example India. I have not referred to SRKs acting skills anywhere in my posts.
What I think happened here was SRK was detained BECAUSE he was famous. That is very wrong. So far, we haven't heard any version of this incident where SRK was boasting about who he was just so he could be let off. He was asked to go somewhere by an officer but his fellow officers said that they knew SRK to be a well known actor and not a potential terror threat. That is all. I am sure you would feel relieved if some thulla stopped you for no apparent reason but his colleague advised him to let you go as he knew you from before.
You are contradicting yourself. There is no evidence to suggest that SRKs name raised a flag in the system because he was "famous". What you are suggesting is that he could have been let off because some people recognized him as a celebrity. It is this that I object to. Once a flag has been raised the proper procedure has to be followed to check up his antecedents. Obviously, word of mouth is not part of the process and nor should it be.
He doesn't need to have a special entry. The database itself would bring up why he was in the country previously and for what purposes. I believe he has been invited by the Golden Globe awards before as well. As stated earlier, unless the officer had specific intelligence regarding any unlawful activity that SRK was in the country for, he had no reason to detain someone who had a track record of 'high profile' visits to the country.
The US authorities have said that his name/personal data raised a flag in the system. Once that happened there is probably a procedure in place that takes extra time to check up on his previous visits etc.
The fact that the Ambassador and not some official at the US Embassy made the statement, is quite a telling indicator as well. Anyway,let's see if some statements are issued by others.
You are free to believe so if you want to.

Thank you making my point. Of course you have None and so you shall resort to "Look how many times US has been attacked" nonsense. Reality check - Attacks did NOT happen NOT because of TSA efforts. And congratulations for not knowing a SINGLE name. Hypo-effing-cracy. Call a spade a spade mate. Just as you were in hurry to jump on anti Islamic bandwagon(need I dig up your rant on how terrorist activities have ALL Islamic background?), when cornered with Sikh terrorism suddenly it becomes an Indian official stance! What is YOUR stance? Show me you treat both Muslims and Sikhs the same else keep your substance-less bhagwa rant to your dear self. xxx
you just lost all credibility with that one sentence! ATTACKS did not happen because of extreme vigilance and extreme preparedness and being on full alert all the time...every security agency within the country! America doesn't have petty politics and minority appeasement policy....you screw with them, you get the rear end of the stick. Unfortunately for India...politicians are too busy securing the ever growing 10 kids per family minority votes

How the hell do you know? Obviously the US authorities - the FBI, CIA, Homeland security believe the airport security is effective and necessary. I have no reason to believe that the US govt is implementing security checks at the airport for the fun of it.
Again a bunch of rant as always. Question again - Name me a SINGLE name in past 8 years that have been succesfully profiled by TSA. Put up or Shut up will ya?
Firstly, you are NO ONE to shut anyone up. I have made my stance amply clear - any person regardless of his or her religion can be stopped by Indian or US authorities. It is entirely up to them. If there is a threat from Sikh, Hindu, Muslim terrorists then the airport security should be free to take appropriate measures. All I am saying is that if muslims are facing inconvenience today, then I can perfectly understand it by TSA. If tomorrow, Hindus are going to be subjected to extra checks in India, then I am sure the security agencies would have valid reason for it.
I will repeat what I said earlier. You are a hypo-effing-crite. When you say aloud how Islam is the root of all evils(read up your post), you SHOULD have the galls to call other religion in the same breath. Anything sort of that and you are a hypocrite, actually an oppertunistic hypocrite. Comprende?
Good to know that your outrage is limited only to Indian "luminaries" being subjected to extra checks.
You are welcome! I am not in the least bothered by servile like you who think Indians should be maltreated by TSA. Heck if I see you being maltreated at Newark Airport because of your surname you can rest assured I would clap aloud for you being totally deserving of it! :hysterical: xxx

The point being that famous personalities in US have been frisked or subjected to extra checks. At least in the US the people manning the security follow the rules and dont make allowance for celebrity status of an individual. In which case there is no reason that SRK be treated any differently.The US airport security is definitely closer to being neutral to "influential" status than for example India. I have not referred to SRKs acting skills anywhere in my posts. You are contradicting yourself. There is no evidence to suggest that SRKs name raised a flag in the system because he was "famous". What you are suggesting is that he could have been let off because some people recognized him as a celebrity. It is this that I object to. Once a flag has been raised the proper procedure has to be followed to check up his antecedents. Obviously' date= word of mouth is not part of the process and nor should it be.The US authorities have said that his name/personal data raised a flag in the system. Once that happened there is probably a procedure in place that takes extra time to check up on his previous visits etc.You are free to believe so if you want to.
Arey yaar he himself is saying that he does not want any special treatment. He just had a problem with one question which was "Can somebody in the country vouch for you?" That's all. When he himself is saying that he does not want/expect any special treatment, then why the eff are we wasting our time discussing this particular issue!

if Sikh terrorists were blowing up buildings and killing people all over the world then they would have had to go thru the same thing in America. The moment you use religion as a tool to cause terrorism....is the moment when you choose focus the spotlight on your group knowingly. THERE IS NO WAY to have pinpoint intelligence about one single individual arriving at the airport with a suitcase bomb! You have to check every single person of similar descent, background, facial, physical appearance and LAST NAME! to be 100% effective in security.... is it fair for those 90% innocent sharing the same common link? NO....but the moment 20 hijackers walked thru those airports ...time BEFORE...racial profiling and extra security checks....took advantage of the slack and blew up 4 planes and killed 3000 people....that moment THEY voluntarily snatched RIGHTS of their OWN people. get this thru your thick skull

ATTACKS did not happen because of extreme vigilance and extreme preparedness and being on full alert all the time...every security agency within the country! America doesn't have petty politics and minority appeasement policy....you screw with them, you get the rear end of the stick. Unfortunately for India...politicians are too busy securing the ever growing 10 kids per family minority votes
Thats totally unfair in politically correct terms, in rational terms thats BS. That is like saying India won 1983 WC because of every single player, including Sunil Walson who did not play and Sunil Gavaskar who scored under 60 runs in 6 innings @10 and under. Please learn to differentiate between CIA and TSA instead of the whole political rant of "Every single agency is responsible". xxx

Again a bunch of rant as always. Question again - Name me a SINGLE name in past 8 years that have been succesfully profiled by TSA. Put up or Shut up will ya?
Name me one terrorist attack that took place in the USA after 9/11, planned and executed by foreign terrorists who entered US.
I will repeat what I said earlier. You are a hypo-effing-crite. When you say aloud how Islam is the root of all evils(read up your post), you SHOULD have the galls to call other religion in the same breath. Anything sort of that and you are a hypocrite, actually an oppertunistic hypocrite.
When did I say that "islam is the root of all evils"? Are you smoking something you shouldnt?

Arey yaar he himself is saying that he does not want any special treatment. He just had a problem with one question which was "Can somebody in the country vouch for you?" That's all. When he himself is saying that he does not want/expect any special treatment' date=' then why the eff are we wasting our time discussing this particular issue![/quote']He does not expect special treatment, but he is offended by questions that are asked to several individuals who are taken for extra security check. Great logic.