Best laptop to buy

nikred

I ask again : Whats the difference between AMD Turion and Core 2 Duo? Which is better?
AMD is cheaper but stil has heat problems compared to Intel. I bought my new Laptop yesterday Lenevo ideapadY series. There are 2-3 things i look for in a laptop 1) What is it going to be used for? If it is going to be used for development purposes, like running Databases, IDEs, you need ones which are high speed, good RAM, good BUS speed. Please note that 2G Processors with 800Mhz bus speed will not give you much performance boost even if you upgrade to 4GB RAM. Ultimately the BUS speed is a huge deciding factor these days. Anyway for development purposes, Thinkpad rules. 2) Graphics- MultiMedia.. Playing games? running Photoshop, Maya, etc for designers etc please dont touch Thinkpad with a Boycott's mom's sweeping brush. MacBook or Vaio would be a better deal in this case. You need a good Graphics card, plenty of VRAM. Minimum 512MB to run photoshop, 1GB would be nice for games etc :D 3) Weight Are you going to be carrying it around? If yes please leave the HP laptops at the door. HP, Compaq still hasn't got it down that laptops are meant to be carried around not lugged around like a piece of luggage. anything that weighs more than 2.3-2.4 KG can be uses as weights for doing exercises in office, but not really good for laptops. Ultimately it all comes down to what you want to use the laptop for. Lenevo offers build you own laptop these days so you can take a look there. If its just for browsing, internet, using MS office watching movies any decent to light weight laptop will do. But other than that you have to take a good look at the requirements to fit your needs. reasons i went for IdeaPad... light not leightweight but light, only 2.2KG with battery 4GB DDR3 RAM with 7 hour battery life :D its got decent video card 512 MB and pretty good screen and visuals for my photography. also its pretty fast for development. I ran eclipse and andriod emulator without any problem. still havent installed MySQL, so cannopt say how good it will be with all of them running but the DDR3 has a marked improvement over DDR2 laptop with virtually the same config.

Viru i checked it out at an Electronics Showroom, i don't quite remember the model no. but since i wanted a notebook for my Mom, i settled for the CQ61-132TU - 31,500 INR - Link
Thanks for the link :two_thumbs_up: I need a bit better configuration for another new one. My laptops last for only a few months as I use them extensively. I am not sure if I can find one which lasts at least 2 years or so without any battery backup or heating problem.