Best laptop to buy

nikred

Hi poyz, :hello: Alright guys, I need to purchase a laptop for my cousin who is doing his engineering in India. I don't want to go for any fancy ones and the maximum I can afford is only $650(amreeki dalars). I want you guys to recommend a decent laptop with decent configurations.

A number of my relatives have had luck with HP laptops (i.e. buying it here in the US and gifting it to someone in India). A lot of them are within your budget. I think the base configuration on this laptop for $629.99 is really good: http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/computer_can_series.do?storeName=computer_store&category=notebooks&a1=Category&v1=Performance+and+entertainment&series_name=dv6t_series And it doesn't help as much, but here's their laptop page that has a lot more information: http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/store_access.do?template_type=landing&landing=notebooks Also look on websites such techbargains.com, etc. to find yourself coupons and stuff to get some really nice buys.

HP is good. You can configure it on their site. Only prob is you have to get it with Vista which is a resource hog. Make sure you get 3 GB (2 GB min) mem if loading Vista.
++ on the RAM part - particularly since the lot of them sell with Vista. The particular laptop I linked to has a free upgrade to 4GB RAM and to 320GB hard drive.

Since my background is IT .. i would recommend IBM Lenovo T60 or T61. I work for Lenovo and i can get you good deal on refurbished or returned T60. let me know. Spec's :- Intel 1.8 Core Duo 1GB Ram ( Upgradeable to 4gb ) 80GB Sata HD ( Upgradeable to 500GB ) DVD/CDRW Combo 14" Lcd WXGA ATI Video Card Wifi 802.11 G/B 100GB Ethernet Refurbished $350 Returned $380+ T60 Review :- http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=2767 TaNk

I can get you a deal from Dell with atleast 100$ cheaper than HP. for $532 Core 2 Duo 2.1 Ghz, 2 mb cache 800 mhz bus speed 3 GB ram, 250 GB hard disk, integrated graphics, 15.5 in glossy screen, 1 year warranty, vista Includes shipping and taxes.
How ? One of my buddy is planning to buy a laptop from states (he resides in Canada) and gift it to his brother.

I can get you a deal from Dell with atleast 100$ cheaper than HP. for $532 Core 2 Duo 2.1 Ghz, 2 mb cache 800 mhz bus speed 3 GB ram, 250 GB hard disk, integrated graphics, 15.5 in glossy screen, 1 year warranty, vista Includes shipping and taxes.
Sounds good. Can you elaborate on the "I can get you a deal" part. :--D

Sounds good. Can you elaborate on the "I can get you a deal" part. :--D
I just checked. The best offer ended today (the coupon I had expired). BUT you can get the same configuration (but with 320 GB hard disk) for $586 including taxes and shipping. I think it is still cheaper compared to other deals. Just go to Dell website and customized the Inspiron 15 model (and change the processor to Core 2 duo)..this is what I got.... INSPIRON 15 Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T6500 (2.10GHz/800Mhz FSB/2MB cache) Operating System Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium Service Pack 1 64 Bit System Color Jet Black Memory 3GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 at 800MHz LCD Panel Glossy, widescreen 15.6 inch display (1366x768) Video Card Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X4500HD Hard Drive 320GB SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM) Network Integrated 10/100 Network Card Adobe Software Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 9.0 Combo or DVD+RW Drive 8X CD / DVD Burner (Dual Layer DVD+/-R Drive) Sound Soundblaster X-Fi Hi Def Audio - Software Enabled Wireless Networking Cards Intel WiFi Link 5100 802.11 Wireless-N Mini Card Camera Module No Webcam Option Productivity No Microsoft Office Software - Antivirus McAfee SecurityCenter, 30-Day Trial Battery Options 6-cell battery Hardware Support Services 1 Yr Ltd Warranty, On-site Service, and 1 Yr Tech Support Dial-Up Internet Access No ISP requested PROCESSOR LABELS Intel® Centrino® Processor OS LABELS Windows Vista™ Premium TOTAL: $534.00 (taxes +shipping is about $50)

Since my background is IT .. i would recommend IBM Lenovo T60 or T61. I work for Lenovo and i can get you good deal on refurbished or returned T60. let me know. Spec's :- Intel 1.8 Core Duo 1GB Ram ( Upgradeable to 4gb ) 80GB Sata HD ( Upgradeable to 500GB ) DVD/CDRW Combo 14" Lcd WXGA ATI Video Card Wifi 802.11 G/B 100GB Ethernet Refurbished $350 Returned $380+ T60 Review :- http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=2767 TaNk
:hail: I work for IBM and I use a T60 .. I joined a month a b4 they started giving t61 so now i'll have to wait for another year to get the wide-screen one .. anywho lenovo laptops are bloody awesome :two_thumbs_up: 8b8a83f3e7.jpg but these laptops arent cool or fancy :((