Flintoff rejects England contract for IPL 2010.

patriot

http://cricketnext.in.com/news/flintoff-rejects-england-contract/43919-13-1.html Don't blame him - Who would want to miss out on $ 1.5 million ? Hats off to the likes of Mitchell Johnson who have put national careers ahead of easy money. But this is going to hurt our cricket more in the long run as our cricketers are payed a bomb as well - just take Veeru's injury in this years edition as case example.

Where does it say he rejected the contract SOLELY because of IPL ? Don't cook your own **** up mate. Flintoff has decided to take up a freelancing role for several T20 clubs around the world. It is very easy for some of you to blame all the wrong doings in the world on IPL. Why did the ECB give him the NOC already which will allow him to take part in the IPL for at least 3 weeks per season ? If ECB snubs Andrew Flintoff, his dollar value is going to die down and IPL won't bother extending his contract.

Where does it say he rejected the contract SOLELY because of IPL ? Don't cook your own **** up mate. Flintoff has decided to take up a freelancing role for several T20 clubs around the world. It is very easy for some of you to blame all the wrong doings in the world on IPL. Why did the ECB give him the NOC already which will allow him to take part in the IPL for at least 3 weeks per season ? If ECB snubs Andrew Flintoff' date=' his dollar value is going to die down and IPL won't bother extending his contract.[/quote'] Its obvious - read between the lines. IPL 2010 coincides with England's tour of Bangladesh - Flintoff would have to miss half of IPL 2010 to fulfill national duty in Bangladesh - who would want to lose an easy 750K to play a team like Bangladesh ? Thats the simple reason he has declined the contract. He played IPL this year with injury as well ( ended up aggravating it) and bowled absolute rubbish. His dollar value will anyway go down if he thinks IPL is easy money and he can get away by performing like its free lunch party. Nothing against IPL - its the duration of IPL - adding 2 more teams is just going to make it more nausetic and with demanding "professional" owners - our own national stars and team is going to be most effected.

CSK COMES FIRST FOR FREDDIE Flintoff Rejects England Contract To Become Freelancer So That He Can Be Available For The IPL London: Andrew Flintoff is set to become world cricket’s first freelance player after rejecting the offer of a contract with the England national team on Tuesday. The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) last week offered Flintoff a second-tier incremental contract following his retirement from Test matches, but the 31-year-old allrounder has turned it down in favour of traveling the world to play for different teams on short-term deals. The arrangement will allow Flintoff, who is recovering from knee surgery in Dubai, to decide which England matches he is available for. “I was flattered to receive the offer of an incremental contract from the ECB, which I wasn’t really expecting, but at this stage of my career I don’t think I need to be told when to play and when to rest,” Flintoff said. “I have played international cricket for 11 years and know my body’s capabilities,” added the allrounder, who had played a pivotal role in the England’s Ashes win over Australia lastmonth. Whether England picks him is another matter since the ECB may be irked by what could be seen as a decision motivated by financial considerations. His agent told a national newspaper at the weekend that Flintoff intended to play for as many as six teams on five continents next year, including Twenty20 in the lucrative Indian Premier League, where he plays for Chennai Super Kings. “I am grateful to the ECB for the all the financial support they have given me to help in my rehabilitation,” Flintoff said. “I have moved to Dubai because I believe it will help in that,” he added. Flintoff announced after labouring through England’s first Ashes Test against Australia that he was quitting Test cricket. He played in three of the remaining four tests to bow out with a part in the two wins and draw that regained the urn. Flintoff said that he still wants to play one-day and Twenty20 matches for England. “I said when I retired from Test cricket that my ambition was to become the best one-day and Twenty20 player in the world and playing in all these different countries can only help,” Flintoff said. AP getimagedllf.jpg Flintoff can now bunk National duties to play for Chennai Super Kings :csk: :dance: